PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Look What I Found! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Look What I Found!  (Read 19998 times)
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2017-06-11 16:47:05 »

Look What I Found, Inner Discovery!

Hello everyone.  The other day I was trying to share locations on Google Maps Street View to some friends I was talking with.  I thought, wouldn't it be neat for people to share neat locations they have found on Street View (either Google or Bing) with everyone?  Pretty much, this topic is for people to share their discoveries of neat places, towns, and locations. If you want to show the grocery store you shop at on Wednesday's, show your hometown, maybe the local park you frequent, this is the topic for you!

So how this works, using Bing Maps or Google Maps, each has a street view type application.  From there, get the permalink to the street view map you want to share, and post it.  Share why you are posting with a description.

I hope people can find enjoyment in this, and I look forward to seeing what you decide to share.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-11 16:47:15 by Kiwi » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2017-06-11 16:58:00 »

This will be cool to show off places we've been or share with people our area's we live.  Give some perspective.  I like this idea. :) 

I remember going to Mendocino back in the day.  It was always so peaceful and quiet, especially in the off season.  Lots of artists live there, so its very quiet when tourists aren't around.  It doesn't even really have a good beach, since most of the coastline is rocky cliffs.  It's just a place to chill I guess.

Another view

One of the trails I walked on.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-11 17:07:03 by Soda » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-06-11 17:20:46 »

This will be a great topic.

Oh cool!  I've been there too, Soda. :)  Just south of Fort Bragg.  I stopped in here to get a snack at the Chevron station, then I walked down to the grassy area and ate one of those nasty (but sorta good) taquito gas station things.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-06-11 18:20:09 »

Neat topic idea.  :)  Also what a cool little village there, Soda. :D 

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2017-06-11 20:42:25 »

Very cool topic! 

Looks like a neat little quaint town too!  I like that trail picture too, looking towards the bridge and the raging Pacific Ocean.  What a neat place, Soda.  Probably a lot of great memories.  I would totally go there.
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2017-06-11 21:32:06 »

Ayy this is a cool topic!

Damn, Soda, that place looks super pretty! Nice small and comfy looking!

SNEE
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2017-06-11 21:44:33 »

I agree, it looks neat.  I like the small town by the ocean like that.  Sort of high on that bluff.
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2017-06-11 21:46:56 »

I have to agree nice area soda looks lovely.

I'm Sparky I'm known as a electric rodent :)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2017-06-12 16:54:30 »

CAMBRIDGE BAY

Want to be in the middle of nowhere on an island?  Here is Cambridge Bay, Canada.  Mainly First Nation's, or natives live there.  It is truly in the middle of nowhere with no access to it other then by plane or boat.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 17:16:37 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2017-06-12 16:58:18 »

Woah. I'm kinda getting a bit of Silent Hill vibes from that.

SNEE
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2017-06-12 17:03:09 »

It's like out there.  I was seeing how far north the Google 3rd party people with cameras went, and I think that is the furthest north, at least for Canada.  I'm checking Alaska too, which does go to the tippy north at Prudhoe Bay.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2017-06-12 17:04:23 »

Now imagine that same town at night.  Pitch black other then the few town lights.  There is no other town even remotely close to you.  It is pitch silent and dark, maybe a street lamp buzzing.  Otherwise... nothing.  The stars and the Heavens must be amazing to look at.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2017-06-12 17:07:31 »

It's crazy to think how isolated they and many other villages like that are.  They have to rely on barges for supplies once or twice a year, they hold out.  Hope they don't run out.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2017-06-12 17:16:12 »

CHUCKANUT DRIVE

Chuckanut Drive is a cool road in Washington State, just south of scenic Bellingham and Fairhaven.  It clings along a forested mountain range that slides down into the icy waters below.  It is a historic road with lots of winding curves, bridges, etc.  Also I can not tell you how many water falls there are along the road.  There are several as you drive around.  Many look out points too, and massive trees.  It is densely forested and truly scenic and beautiful.  One of the prettiest roads I have been on, and I've been on many roads.

Awesome pic here.  Spin the camera around 360 degrees.  I have it pointing to the San Juan Islands, then if you turn completely around, you see the Cascade Mountain Range.  The big snowy mountain is Mount Baker, the snowiest place in America.

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 17:17:42 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2017-06-12 17:32:13 »

That is beautiful!  Oh my gosh.  What an awesome vantage and view!  So you look in one way, see island and the ocean, then the other is snow capped mountains?  Talk about gorgeous and what a cool road!  Sounds really cool with all the waterfalls.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Look What I Found! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024