PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Dear Jerk 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dear Jerk  (Read 43939 times)
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #120 on: 2017-04-23 19:07:46 »

Out of respect for my clients, I won't name them, but I can say that most of the clients I've had come from sneezefurs and most of them have all spoken about his mistreatment of others. It's mostly the reason I've blocked him; if he's going to be rude to someone like Daedalus or SneezyDragon, I certainly take issue with him harassing my clients.

It amazes me that his site can live this long and yet still over 1000+ pieces of "borrowed" copyrighted material from animated television shows, movies, and comicbooks - or art from artists - without permission. If his chatroom theatrics don't do something, perhaps someone should look into reporting that material.

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #121 on: 2017-04-23 19:10:07 »

Wait, what do you mean about the animations and stuff? He can't claim they're his. He's just hosting them right?

Ari-Dynamic

WWW Email
« Reply #122 on: 2017-04-23 19:18:51 »

I've only been on sneezefurs for a small amount of time. He's got directories for art and video clips.

I dunno anything else about whether it's legal or not, I've only been on sneezefurs a few times - to see clients posting my art, the lament he had about me, and a brief look at the directories of his art and video clips. The whole art directory is a hodge-podge of stuff people have been or were given to others over the internet.

Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #123 on: 2017-04-23 19:20:34 »

He does only host the material -- Death Blossom is correct about that. That's why it's an archive. Posting personal art or writing to the site more or less consents you to letting him archive it, though in theory this should also allow you to ask him to remove your content from the archive if you don't want it there, which (as we've established) he's reluctant to do so.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-23 19:21:12 by Paws » Logged
Ari-Dynamic

WWW Email
« Reply #124 on: 2017-04-23 19:23:03 »

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/r/trends/4-tips-for-using-other-peoples-content-legally/

I'm going to look into this more. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think housing a bunch of 80's-90's cartoon character sneezing and keeping them in a library constitutes as fair use. If anything, it's just a glorified Mediafire GB storage shelter of stuff he found.

My apologies but I think his "archive" claim doesn't hold really any weight.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-23 19:26:02 by patripony » Logged

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #125 on: 2017-04-23 19:24:08 »

Mm yeah.

Ari-Dynamic

WWW Email
« Reply #126 on: 2017-04-23 19:25:43 »

He does only host the material -- Death Blossom is correct about that. That's why it's an archive. Posting personal art or writing to the site more or less consents you to letting him archive it, though in theory this should also allow you to ask him to remove your content from the archive if you don't want it there, which (as we've established) he's reluctant to do so.

I should be thankful, then, lol. xD I'd greatly prefer none of my stuff go there... I have Yahoo Groups and an old Onion website full of my old furaffinity stuff.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #127 on: 2017-04-23 20:48:44 »

It's just an archive.  Don't get them in trouble at him for that. It was a nice service and still is, though you are right on one thing, he doesn't ask permission to put them there and host them. We're lucky to have everything in one place.  The MLPS is the same thing, everyone's art in one place... granted we don't host their content unless we get permission. 
Ari-Dynamic

WWW Email
« Reply #128 on: 2017-04-23 21:08:41 »

Then my suggestion is he should step down. Or take a leave of absence for awhile, if not completely.

Keep the archive, but shake-up the administrative user listing and put more professionally-inclined people to run it. Clearly he's very vocal and it's not an isolated incident, he seems to have taunted and done it before. I can't speak for everyone but I think more competently aware moderators would make sneezefurs a much more healthy and welcome experience for newcomers and old members alike.

At any rate, I guess we'll see where it goes.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #129 on: 2017-04-23 21:10:16 »

Don't kid yourself APD. Of course we host people's content without their permission.
All those other random artists? No we didn't get their persmission.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #130 on: 2017-04-23 21:54:12 »

And being that the archive and site is his baby, he will probably never leave unless he does the nuclear option, shuts if down for everyone but himself, in which it would just be an extension of his own personal gratification for keeping the archive going. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #131 on: 2017-04-23 21:55:24 »

Don't kid yourself APD. Of course we host people's content without their permission.
All those other random artists? No we didn't get their persmission.

No we don't.  It all links to their content.  We host none of it on our servers. 

You trying to make us look bad?  Lol. 

The difference is, he HOSTS their art so he can control it.  If the artist wants it deleted, he can choose to or not.  One the MLPS, if the artist removes it, we lose it too. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #132 on: 2017-04-23 21:57:45 »

The difference is, he HOSTS their art so he can control it.  If the artist wants it deleted, he can choose to or not.  One the MLPS, if the artist removes it, we lose it too.

That is exactly right.

And I agree with Patri too, he should probably step away for a bit.  But this would only occur if his forum see's this and rises up or even cares enough too.  If not, then it is business as usual. 

Whatever the outcome, I do not want to see that whole community displaced or ruined.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #133 on: 2017-04-23 22:01:13 »

No we do not.  We've made an effort not too.  We ask permission.  Our old Photoshop account we used to host some content, is no longer used.  We've made sure to comply as much as possible and we can always improve.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-23 22:01:24 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Ari-Dynamic

WWW Email
« Reply #134 on: 2017-04-24 02:20:53 »

I can suggest a candidate to take over Sneezefurs. Maybe even... reboot it.

J.J. Abrams.

lol...

Okay, I'll show myself out of this thread. XD
« Last Edit: 2017-04-24 02:21:42 by patripony » Logged

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Dear Jerk « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024