PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Only Slightly Exaggerated Animation by Travel Oregon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Only Slightly Exaggerated Animation by Travel Oregon  (Read 4564 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2018-05-07 21:52:46 »

This is a truly beautiful hand drawn animated short from a very unlikely place.  The State of Oregon's Tourism board commissioned this brilliant piece of animation and used music from the Oregon Symphony! It was created through the  Oregon based marketing/advertising firm, Wieden+Kennedy.   This hand drawn marvel is something I wish we could see more of.  It was animated by the Psyop & Sun Creatures Studio in Oregon and Copenhagen with heavy references and a nod to  Japanese master animator Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli. It is brilliant how the studio blended many of Oregon's beautiful landmarks into this animated piece.  Even cooler is how the tourism website went a step further and made it the focal point of their website using it to be the backdrop and main focus on their newly updated 2018 website. Take the time to enjoy this animation as it flows harmoniously with the music conducted by Jim Dooley.

The Super Cool Website

I would love to see your feedback on this hand drawn marvel.  It isn't often ANY group, would take the time and money to commission something this beautiful.  I had to share it.  Animation and art is a passion of mine...
« Last Edit: 2019-03-24 12:31:50 by Smiles2us » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2018-05-07 22:43:58 »

Oh my word!  That was spectacular!  They did a truly beautiful job on this animation and the music was wonderful!  It all came together so nicely.  It honestly makes me want to go visit! 

The fact they took the time to care enough and make something so wonderful says a lot.  I think this is lovely. Thanks so much for sharing.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-05-08 18:55:21 »

That was beautiful.  As a completely innocent and random bystander, THAT would definitely encourage me to go visit someplace and want to at least look up some more on the locations shown.  For instance, I looked up what those rocks were in the sea, and it turns out it is called Haystack Rock!  See that is a marketing campaign that gets people looking.  It's beautiful and the music is truly special.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-05-09 13:51:54 »

That was awesome!  Like seriously awesome!!!
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-05-09 14:11:59 »

Wow!  That was incredible!  Thanks so much for sharing that!  Never would have found that on my own!  I love how it was animated and the music seemed to fit perfectly!  It was a masterful piece of art that flowed so nicely together!  Lovely!
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-05-11 12:14:12 »

That is fly! 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2018-05-11 21:23:24 »

It is an astounding piece of animation and even more stunning a state tourism board went along with this and based a whole portion of their site on it.  Really nice and I hope it is super successful for Oregon.  The music and animation is top notch and very anime inspired.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2018-05-16 17:35:22 »

This was absolutely fantastic in every single way.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2019-03-24 12:29:48 »

Noooo!!!! The video is no longer up!?  Why would they remove it?!?!?!
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2019-03-24 12:30:33 »

New video link.

Added to OP.

For unknown reasons, the original was removed from Youtube and the Travel Oregon people don't know why.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-24 12:31:32 by Smiles2us » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2019-04-27 11:51:36 »

These have to be the coolest ads on the net and tv!  Travel Oregon revealed a follow up ad this month!  They are so cool!  This one may be cooler!

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2019-05-03 16:07:18 »

BEAUTIFUL.  Absolutely beautiful. 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2019-06-02 14:27:10 »

Beautiful.  I love them.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2019-11-17 23:50:33 »

Dang that's awesome!  More state's should take Oregon's advice here and make something beautiful like this.  The animation and music go hand in hand.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2019-12-17 15:51:10 »

No joke!  I saw an ad for Idaho!  They tried to do the same thing as Oregon but at a much lower cost.  Their budget was maybe a bucket of potatoes and it shows!  The Idaho ad (which I cannot find) features people skiing and snowboarding down some righteous powder!  They add some cartoon animals but it just doesn't look very professional unfortunately for them. 

Idaho totally did this feeling pressure from Oregon's ads.  Will Washington bite and do something?  Probably not... they lead that region, not follow. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Only Slightly Exaggerated Animation by Travel Oregon « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024