PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion  (Read 77553 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #285 on: 2023-01-27 20:59:59 »

Wow, what an idiot Roilland is.  I mean I knew he was before, but he takes it to a whole new level when he is a jerk to the companies that made him successful too.  It was his own actions that got him fired, not them firing him for now reason.

Domestic disputes and abuses (depending on situation) is not up usually something people get fired for, mainly because companies don't figure it out.  I'm not too sure how I feel about this one.  Obviously it's easy to say he shouldn't be abusing someone, but there are two sides to every story.

I'm just happy this jerk won't be making trash on tv anymore.... for a little while.
« Last Edit: 2023-01-27 21:07:38 by Anyponedrawn » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #286 on: 2023-01-27 21:00:40 »

Gawd-dangit, it's Jim Cummings all over again. 

Wait, what happened?  I didn't know something happened to Cummings? The link you lead to didn't say anything.

Edit: Found it.  There isn't much evidence for it and followup articles seem to show no outcome.

https://people.com/crime/winnie-the-pooh-voice-actor-jim-cummings/

But I did further digging.

The allegations against Jim Cummings have been cleared. It appears it was false all along.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/05/update-despite-mutual-restraining-orders-issued-for-jim-cummings-and-ex-wife-voice-actor-claims-allegations-were-false/
« Last Edit: 2023-01-27 21:05:15 by Anyponedrawn » Logged
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #287 on: 2023-01-27 23:33:47 »

Untrue or not, the damage has been done... Cummings has lost several plum gigs--including Taz and The Big Bad Wolf--since the charges broke in 2018.

I mean, not to make light of domestic abuse, mind, but should we all live in fear of losing our career because of one dumb mistake? It's real easy to say that some rich, spoiled, indulgent celebrity d-bag deserves it, sure, but what about the millennial grocery store stockboy who made a dumb racist  joke on Twitter, or the secretary who got a little too into the red wine after work and posted a snap showing off her bare left yabbo on Facebook, or the assembly line worker who had the cops called to his house after he punches his unemployed layabout brother in the face for swiping the cash he was saving to take the kids to the water park this summer and then blowing it all at the dog track? Your personal life is your personal life, and as long as you can keep it separate from your work life, whether your job  is producing cartoons or putting plastic widgets on thingumbobs at the doohickey factory, so should an employer.   

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #288 on: 2023-01-28 00:07:50 »

Should we all live in fear of losing our career because of one dumb mistake?

To answer that simply.  No.  No you should not.  But these corporations all follow woke practices now and try to look great in the eyes of the woke leftists.  They have grown in numbers over the past decade exponentially.

It's weird how corporations went from being the left's worst enemy in the 90's and 2000s, to now being embraced and controlled by them.  It seems like nearly every major company is run by a leftwing CEO's or follows leftwing practices and shoveling money to the Democrats.

I don't know how I shifted the convo, but yeah.  No you shouldn't lose your job for personal issues.  But at the same time, it depends what kind of abuse he did.  I can understand if it's truly abhorrent to fire him.  But in many circumstances no.  It's horrible how everything is 'known' by the masses now days.  There is no privacy.
« Last Edit: 2023-01-28 00:10:23 by RainySunshine » Logged
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #289 on: 2023-03-07 14:22:35 »

I suppose we should have figured out something wasn't quite right about Justin Roiland. Fair warning: adult content; sick twisted stuff ahead, you may need a change of underwear, etc.

Looking back, there were quite a few red flags on his behavior going all the way back to 2017, but they were largely ignored or dismissed.

His writing partner and now sole R 'n' M show-runner, Dan Harmon, has his own closet full enough to staff a thirteen-episode reboot of The Skeleton Dance for Netflix, from what I'm reading. He's the same guy whose creepy, bizarre behavior got him fired from his series Community, then quietly rehired two years later when ratings dipped alarmingly--a move equivalent to leading a mutiny at sea, then once the food stores are depleted, most of the crew has jumped ship, and there's a breach in the hull taking on water, putting the ousted captain back in command of the vessel... and the only lesson he seemed to take from all that is "Couldn't do it without me, huh?", because the behavior that was so troubling to begin with was never really addressed or mitigated, aside from a smarmy self-diagnosis of autism, based on research online, which he did probably in all the time it takes to microwave a hot dog.
« Last Edit: 2023-03-08 04:32:58 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #290 on: 2023-03-07 19:27:10 »

Not to be that guy but I certainly didn't ignore the red flags.  I caught on pretty quickly after watching the first few episodes of R&M that this wasn't good content and the people who wrote it were pretty screwed up in the membrane.  Violence for the sake of violence is not good.  Constant pointless swearing.  Some of the topics were pretty screwed up. 

Nice you provided evidence for stuff here, Nostra.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #291 on: 2023-05-20 00:11:47 »

Well this is a concerning sign on top of NO new shows this year.

Adult Swim Will Reportedly Get Even More Of Cartoon Network's Time

The Discovery merger is showing that Discovery is putting more effort into Adult Swim than Cartoon Network.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we are on the subject of Adult Swim, their big new show has premiered as well.  A new production by Genndy Tartakovsky called, "Unicorn: Warriors Eternal."

First episode is up on Youtube. Otherwise Watch new episodes of Unicorn: Warriors Eternal every Thursday at midnight. Replays Fridays at 7pm and Saturday at midnight.

« Last Edit: 2023-05-27 01:45:01 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #292 on: 2023-05-20 16:03:51 »

Well, well.... well.  Do we sound the alarm bells?
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #293 on: 2023-07-23 22:13:12 »

Technically a Cartoon Network property, but going to HBO Max.  :-\

« Last Edit: 2023-07-23 22:13:19 by Silverwing » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #294 on: 2023-07-24 12:42:10 »

^ Huh.  I wonder if people will still connect with it, all these years later.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #295 on: 2023-07-24 12:43:25 »

Only time will tell

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #296 on: 2023-07-24 13:10:13 »

I remember when the Fionna and Cake episode came out, I loved it then.  This will allow them to build on the story-telling of Adventure Time.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #297 on: 2023-09-26 00:12:07 »

Cartoon Network continues to shrink under new corporate leadership.  The hours are being cute for more Toonami and Adult Swim.  Adult Swim will start at 5pm.  That is nuts. 

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #298 on: 2023-09-26 15:09:01 »

They're leaning heavily on nineties nostalgia.  Most of the cartoons from five to seven are the ones I loved back when I was in college: Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Dexter's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. What, no Cow and Chicken?

So Fiona and Cake are now characters who exist outside of the Ice King's deranged fanfic?  I did see Simon Petrikov in the ads... hoping Tom Kenny will return to the role. If Betty Groff returns, will Lena Dunham reprise the character,  or has she fallen out of favor after some of her weird behavior?

No relation to ventriloquist Jeff Dunham, but her face does look kinda like she was carved out of a hunk of wood....
« Last Edit: 2023-09-26 15:09:50 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #299 on: 2023-09-27 00:18:46 »

^ I have no idea what is going to happen with that Fiona and Cake show.

Reportedly Cartoon Network is going to rely heavily on their old shows with new blocks playing shows from the 90s and 2000s since they have not many new shows in the works.  One or two is it.
Pages: < 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Cartoon Network Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024