PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Your Favorite Video Games of all Time! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Favorite Video Games of all Time!  (Read 3199 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« on: 2018-10-14 15:16:44 »

What are your favorite video games?  What are the games you feel changed your life and are the most memorable.

You can choose from console and computer games!  I look forward to see your answers and reasoning. :)
« Last Edit: 2018-10-14 15:16:50 by RainySunshine » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2018-10-14 15:47:20 »

So I will go in order of which games shaped me.  Then I will list my favorite games of all time.

So my first experience with console games came with the Need For Speed on the Playstation 1.  It was the first racing game that I could remember shaping my world and love for cars.  I got to drive supercars including my favorite the Dodge Viper.  I got to race on roads and avoid police!  Yes, this game gave us police chases and it was intense for the time!

The next games in my evolution of gaming was Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.  I just remember then from my childhood a lot, but they didn't revolution me. 

Gran Turismo 2 took my love of cars to a new level.  Before the ease of the internet, I got to see cars from distant lands and drive them, and even tune them.  It was an amazing experience the revolutionary to a young me.

Also around this time was Driver II, which I really loved.  It was an open world game where you could drive a car anywhere in several real world cities.  It was amazing.

Following that came the next big world opening moment.  Grand Theft Auto III.  I watched my friend play this OPEN world game that allowed me to get in cars, boats, and walk around freely!  I couldn't believe it and I ate up playing that game at his house.  I knew I had to get it myself.  I pleaded and got it for Christmas that year.  This game took my love of Driver II and shattered what it did well by doing everything better.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 was one of my favorites!  Beautiful graphics and I got to be a cop!  Something I always wanted to be in racing games prior!

Next big revolution came with Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.  It took open world and story to a new level for me.  I couldn't imagine a world so big I would never possibly finish it all!  It blew my mind I got to see all these people living their lives and I was just a part of it.

As we wind down on earth shattering games in my life, we come to Grand Theft Auto IV.  Like GTA III before it, GTA IV took everything I loved into a uber realistic Liberty City with so much detail and things to do, I couldn't believe it.  I got to play online with friends and this was one of the most amazing experiences to me.

Lastly, my biggest gaming revolution came with The Witcher III.  I was amazed a game like this came from a developer with two previous titles in the franchise that were lackluster at best.  Witcher III was deep, beautiful, and had so much fluidity in terms of where the story could go.  I couldn't believe it.

MY FAVORITE GAMES OF ALL TIME.  Alright, here's my favorite games of all time.  Lets begin.

Age of Empires II
Burnout 3 Takedown
Civilization IV
GoldenEye 007
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 3
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Minecraft
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Need For Speed Underground
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
Pokemon Snap
Red Dead Redemption
Sim City 3000 Unlimited
Sim City 4
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
The Sims II
Tony Hawk's Underground
Witcher III

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-10-14 19:51:55 »

Wow, how could we have not made this thread already! It's been so long and we've just barely made this thread, lmao.

Nice history, there! It really kinda shows what games you're into and how it's shaped your interests to today. Although I've never played a gta game before, I could only imagine how it was like back then. Also MGS3 on your list, very noice, very noice indeed.

I guess I can give a bit of a history myself. And being me, there's a chance that I'm going to just go on and on. But hey screw it, I haven't typed anything super big in a long time, anyways.
Essay starts here

When I was a lot younger, gaming wasn't really my media. I did play a lot of hand held stuff as a child because that was just what I was really into, and all I really had. My favorite gameboy advance game was Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland. It might've been my first GBA game, actually (it was either that or Mario 2 Advance).

I mostly started gaming when I was in middle school. Sure, I had a gamecube at the time, but I still wasn't super hooked to games until we eventually got a PS2 (keep in mind these consoles were kind of dying when I was in middle school). My sister and I would go to our childhood friends' house and play a lot of guitar hero and rockband there, which got me into those games. Eventually when I started collecting more games for the PS2, I met my best friend who got me into the Kingdom Hearts games (which I now have a love-hate relationship with because of the damn story). This eventually lead to my interest in Action RPGs.

I think the games that really shaped me in middle school though where when I got a Wii. I got a wii so I could play Epic Mickey. A bit of a dark game (for Disney, at least. It was meant to be way darker. Like, jesus, just take one look at this.) but was so fun. It was a 3d platformer which I absolutely loved because of my time playing Mario 64 as a toddler. I eventually got into the Pikmin games, which were my absolute bread and butter as a kid (Obvious from my artist name.). When I got a Wii, I eventually got my first Zelda game. From there, it just spiraled into my sort of middle school obsession with the LoZ games.

It wasn't until my freshman year of high school when I got a laptop and eventually an Xbox360, which was where the more mature games came in. I got steam and the first two games I got for my laptop were Bioshock and Portal. I had heard my childhood friend talk a bit about Bioshock when he first got his 360, and he said it was amazing. I always wanted to try it out and I instantly fell in love with it, along with its sequel. Portal and Portal 2 didn't have that much of an impact on me, but they were still good games nontheless.

With Bioshock, I wanted to play more of these RPG-eque shooter games, which is when I eventually played Borderlands and Borderlands 2. I sunk so many hours into Borderlands 2, which was also around the time in which I was becoming a brony artist. Not only that, but freshman year was also the year where I met one of my closest friends. Everyday after school, we'd just sit down, talk on Steam and play Team Fortress 2 together and had a good time.

Although the games that definitely shaped me to who I am today (more or less) are my favorites of all time, which is the Dark Souls series and Fallout New Vegas. I fell in love with Dark Souls in my sophomore year of high school. Then I got to the gargoyle boss and stopped playing for a few months. I then eventually picked it up again, and this time I was set on beating the boss AND the whole game. So I got gud and learned the different mechanics of the game. And from there, it was nothing but love for the series.

Fallout New Vegas came from more so of my hope. My friend had told me to buy Fallout 3 and, well, I did. I hated it. I still hate it. Eventually, though, out of curiosity, I looked into New Vegas. After debating picking it up, I eventually did and INSTANTLY loved it over 3. 1st/3rd Person open-world RPG shooter game (where choices actually mattered for the ending).

And then of course some time down the line, one of my friends got me into League of Legends, which I have put many hours and days into. Although I don't play it everyday like I used to, it is definitely a game I can always enjoy going back to and playing with my friends.

I think the last game that really blew my mind was Bloodborne with it's beautiful lovecraftian story and fast and difficult gameplay. As of right now, I kind of want to get my hands on a few other Monster Hunter games, because World and 4 Ultimate are fantastic. I also want to get a switch soon, too.
Essay Ends Here.

In no particular order, my favorite video games of all time are:

Pikmin 1 and 2
The Souls series (Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne)
Bioshock 1 and 2
League of Legends
Fallout: New Vegas
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Dead Space 2
Monster Hunter: World
Borderlands 2
Alice: Madness Returns
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Dishonored
Dead Rising 1 and 2: Off the Record

SNEE
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-10-14 23:26:45 »

I had to do a double take when I saw this topic.  I then thought, how could we have NOT made this yet?  I was perplexed we haven't and I guess it's just something we expected we've made.  So since we didn't make it yet, GREAT TOPIC, LOL!

So far I have enjoyed reading Rainy and S4's video game history.  It's neat seeing what influenced you and how your gaming preferences were shaped.  I plan to share mine as well, but not right now. Too late.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-10-17 15:57:23 »

Alright.  Lets do this.

The games that shook my foundation comes down to about three games.  If they made it into my favorite games of all time though... you will find out.

1. I remember when computers were still new and actually owning a computer was not something everyone had.  So when I found out my school's computers had games on them and not just typing programs like Mavis Beacon.... I was ecstatic.  Students would come to school EARLY to play the games on these computers.  Why did they have games?  I don't know... maybe Windows at the time came pre-installed with them?  I don't know. 

Anyone who was anyone played AGE OF EMPIRES.  It was such an amazing game when coming from silly little 2D platformers.  This was a "3D" game that gave you so much control.  Up to this point you had control of just your character.  In this game I could control entire armies, ships, tons of things.  It blew my child-like mind!  It was intense!  So Age of Empires is one of those transformative moments for me.  I remember my friends gathering around a single computer and we took turns playing the game and determining our civilizations fate.

2. The next moment came for me with my first system I bought with my OWN money.  I worked hard, very hard, doing house chores and helping family for a couple years to earn this money.  I remember spending lots of time in the local Barnes & Noble reading every game magazine, back when there was PSM mag, Nintendo Power, Sega Mag, etc.  I read through these and looked at all the games and tried to determine which system I wanted to buy.  Which system had the games that most interested me.  Then I saw it... GRAN TURISMO.  A game that let me drive from 100s of different real world cars.  I couldn't contain myself.  I worked extra hard, bought the system, and my parents bought me the game as a reward for learning capitalism or something. :) 

I remember putting the game in after setting up the system and being in awe at the intro video to the game.  I loved cars, and now I could drive them several years before I could actually drive.  I just remember that feeling, watching the intro, being so excited.  Then being able to play it and buy cars and race was just amazing to me.  I loved it.

3. The next big game to blow my mind growing up was GRAND THEFT AUTO III.  I knew of the series, but the top down view just didn't interest me.  At this point, the closest thing to wet my whistle at driving a car in an open world was Driver.  Note that open worlds was not something in video games.  Then all of a sudden this deep, 3D world opens up and I can play it.  I remember being amazed at how massive the world was and having the freedom to get in and out of cars and do pretty much anything I want.  My friend's and I spent hours after school and during summer playing the game and exploring.  We never seemed to get tired of it.

So there you have it.  Those were the big turning point games in my life.  Now that I have dated myself, here are my actual favorite games of all time below.

Favorite Games of All Time.

Bully
Civilization IV
GoldenEye 007
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 5
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V
L.A. Noire
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Midtown Madness
Minecraft
Red Dead Redemption
Sid Meier's Civilization IV
Sim City 2000
Sim City 4
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Brothers
The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Witcher III
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2019-04-10 19:38:56 »

Favourite games ever

Pokemon red and blue
Spyro 1 2 and 3
Crash bandicoot 1 2 and 3
Tony hawk Pro skater the gameboy one
Parrapa the rapper psone
Sonic unleashed
Sonic colours
Sonic and the black knight
Sonic mania
Sonic adventure 1 and 2
The first 3 sonic games
Sonic forces
Majora's mask
Animal crossing new leaf
Demons souls
Bloodborne
Little big planet
Astro bot rescue mission

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2019-04-11 20:08:04 »

You've got some real good choices there ;0

SNEE
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2021-05-12 15:37:00 »

My absolutely favorite games are:
Spyro
Crash bandicoot
Medi evil
Ape escape
Overwatch
Guild wars 2
Plants vs Zombies
Nihilumbra
Binding of isaac
Ark
Transformers
Okami
Super mario bros 3
Super smash bros.
Mario kart
Pokemon games up to 4th gen(have played 5th gen too, but not after that)
Pokemon Rumble
Terraria

That's atleast some, i think i'm missing quite a few, but i dont want to make too big list  :nervoussmile:

PM me for want free art! Everybody is welcome to request~

If you want to learn more about "my" Nemesis Prime as RP character click
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2021-06-06 18:42:18 »

Ok list of games for very best IMO.....here we go.

Every Pokemon game known to man.
Jak and Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3
Jak X
The whole Mario universe. World, Kart, Party. The Answer is yes.
Goldeneye 64
Spider-Man and Spider-Man Miles Morales for PS4
Transformers War For/Fall Of Cybertron
Most of the Sonic the Hedgehog games up to Generations (Fell out of those ones)
All the Super Smash Bros games

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Your Favorite Video Games of all Time! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024