PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: General Television Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Television Discussion  (Read 3669 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2019-05-24 14:24:56 »

General Television Discussion

Welcome to this general topic for television.  All shows, sitcoms, reality tv, games shows, whatever you want to talk about, this is the topic for it! Also television news will take place here.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2019-05-24 14:25:51 »

2018-19 TV Season Ratings: 90 Percent of Veteran Broadcast Shows Fall

LINK
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2019-05-28 10:05:35 »

Well I can see I created a ROARING TOPIC of excitement, lol! 
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2019-05-28 18:54:34 »

Meanwhile in Europe...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/182-million-people-tune-2019-eurovision-song-contest-1213981

182 million people watched Eurovision and watched the NETHERLANDS win.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2019-09-17 13:49:07 »

This is some sad news.  I really hope they can reverse this.

'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek announces cancer setback, undergoing chemotherapy again

Article
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2019-10-31 16:08:56 »

Netflix has revealed the trailer to their new show, "THE WITCHER" based off the books and popular video game series.

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2019-10-31 16:25:38 »

Too bad it's on Netflix.  :( 

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2019-11-06 22:01:46 »

I know. :(
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2021-01-08 17:39:19 »

Alex Trebek's final recorded episode of Jeopardy airs tonight, January 8th, 2021. 

He will be missed.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2021-02-01 18:35:17 »

Dustin Diamond, Saved by the Bell's Screech, Dead at 44

Article

Dustin Diamond, best known for playing Screech on NBC’s Saved by the Bell, has passed away following a battle with Stage 4 lung cancer. The actor was 44.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2021-09-05 18:42:20 »

Since the Gutfeld! show premiered earlier this year on FOX News it has dominated against the other late night shows in the tv ratings. The others are all losing and many think it's because of the conservative viewpoint compared to the other shows and their left to leftist viewpoints.  Let's take a peak at some info.

Greg Gutfeld Is King of Late Night as His Fox News Show Beats Colbert, Kimmel, Fallon

The Fox News Channel is claiming yet another a huge victory: its snarky, comedic and conservative host Greg Gutfeld is the new king of late-night television, joining the likes of Johnny Carson, Jay Leno and David Letterman, all of whom have held the title in the past.

Gutfeld! scored a larger audience than Jimmy Fallon on NBC, Jimmy Kimmel on ABC and Stephen Colbert on CBS.

t's not an exact apples-to-apples comparison, as Gutfeld! airs at 11 p.m. Eastern while the others begin at 11:30 p.m. or 11:35 p.m. On the West Coast, Gutfeld has the advantage of airing at 8 p.m. Despite the time differences, it's a significant milestone nonetheless since the others air on the free broadcast networks rather than cable.

For the week, Gutfeld's show scored 2 million viewers nightly and 405,000 in the key demographic for advertisers, which is adults 25-54, while Colbert was next best at 1.89 million with 395,000 in the key demo. Fallon was third and Kimmel was fourth.

Gutfeld launched his show on April 5 and made no secret that he was gunning for the same audience that typically tuned in to see the hosts on the big three networks. At least two of those, Colbert and Kimmel, have made their bones bashing former President Donald Trump and conservatives in general, while Gutfeld has done the opposite, thus offering an alternative for late-night audiences looking for a comedic take on world events.

Gutfeld also said that eschewing Hollywood stars as guests actually gives him an advantage over the broadcast hosts.

Fox Dominates Among Younger Viewers in Ratings, With a Double Dose of Greg Gutfeld

Fox News dominated the ratings race Tuesday in the valuable demographic of viewers age 25-54, with host Greg Gutfeld making two separate appearances in the top five most-watched among younger viewers.  FOX News shows dominate the top five spots in television ratings.  Fox was first overall in total day, averaging 1.52 million total viewers and 260,000 in the demo. 

In prime time, Fox was well ahead of the competition, averaging 2.53 million total viewers, and 430,000 in the demo. MSNBC was second in total viewers, with 1.84 million, and third in the demo, with 272,000. CNN was third in total viewers, with 1.01 million, and second in the demo, with 294,000.

Fox and Friends won the early morning, with 1.26 million total viewers, and 229,000 in the demo.
« Last Edit: 2021-09-05 18:43:27 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2021-09-05 21:39:16 »

I've watched Gutfeld a few times.  I've enjoyed it way more than the other late night shows.  They don't have the same budget, but I like it better and I like their rotating cast of guests. 
« Last Edit: 2021-09-05 21:39:31 by Graymist » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2021-10-09 20:28:39 »

‘Arthur’ Canceled: Why PBS Kids Show Is Ending After 25 Years

Article

It’s the end of an era for children’s television as beloved PBS cartoon Arthur is bowing out after its upcoming 25th season.

Rumors of Arthur‘s cancellation emerged earlier this month when Kathy Waugh, who first developed the show for TV, appeared on Jason Szwimer’s Finding D.W. podcast. “Arthur is no longer in production. We had our wrap party two years ago,” Waugh stated.

She continued: “I think [PBS] made a mistake, and I think Arthur should come back, and I know I’m not alone in thinking they made a mistake. I don’t know if it was a ratings issue or if it felt like it needed to be retired. To me, it felt evergreen, like it was never going to end, but it did end; we finished the last episode, season 25 two years ago.”

Carol Greenwald, executive producer for Arthur, has since confirmed the news in a statement to IGN. “In the winter of 2022, the 25th and final season of Arthur will debut. Arthur will continue to be available on PBS KIDS for years to come,” Greenwald said. “Producer GBH and PBS KIDS are continuing to work together on additional Arthur content, sharing the lessons of Arthur and his friends in new ways.”

The longest-running kids animated series in the history of American television, Arthur, based on the Arthur Adventure book series by Marc Brown, debuted in 1996 and has run for over 240 episodes. The show is set in the fictional Elwood City and centers around the lives of 8-year-old Arthur Read, an anthropomorphic aardvark, his friends and family, and their daily interactions with each other.

Throughout its 25-year run, Arthur has picked up four Daytime Emmys for Outstanding Children’s Animated Program, as well as a Peabody Award.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: 2021-12-31 18:15:43 »

Sadly Betty White has passed away at 99.  One day before New Years.  Her 100th birthday would have been January 17th.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2022-07-08 23:13:09 »

Larry Storch, prolific comic actor who played zany Cpl. Agarn on TV's 'F Troop,' dies at 99.

James Caan, ‘The Godfather’ and ‘Misery’ Star, Dies at 82.

Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: General Television Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024