PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion  (Read 21289 times)
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #120 on: 2023-02-07 15:00:44 »

Scooby-Doo does not appear in the adult animated series Velma premiered due to mandates from Warner Bros. Animation not to feature Scooby in that series due to his marketability towards children as well as a failure for the writers to find an adult take on the character. [1]
Ah, bulldookey.  Make him a pit bull with physical issues and a rather violent disposition due to severe inbreeding.  The press release can say, "Scooby's got a few loose screws, sure, but deep down he's very lovable. Just don't disrespect his numerous trigger warnings."  Oh, and a black actor would provide his barks, just so everything's on the up-and-up. There's your "adult take", ya 'wipes.    ;D

Warner Brothers makes Velma queer in the latest reboot.  Woke media loves it, their all reporting on it. Let's not forget not too long ago in a previous reboot, Velma had the hots for Shaggy.

Which in itself was creepy, because in the original Scooby-Doo show script treatments, it seems they were intended to be brother and sister. [2][3]  Insert obligatory vomiting .gif aqui.   :'(

Also, they made the black dude a stoner? Really?  Doesn't sound too "woke" to me.  They're only woke when they want to be. It's like, about half-woke.  Like, the kind of half-awake state where you get up at two a.m., take a wrong turn on the way to the bathroom, and end up peeing in the kitchen trash-basket.

Um...er...ah-- This one time, uh, m-my brother did that.  Yeah. [darts eyes insincerely]

Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #121 on: 2023-02-07 18:52:58 »

Scooby-Doo does not appear in the adult animated series Velma premiered due to mandates from Warner Bros. Animation not to feature Scooby in that series due to his marketability towards children as well as a failure for the writers to find an adult take on the character. [1]
I'm embarrassed to say this but when Scooby Doo sneezes I have feelings that are pretty adult :-0 :-] :-].  Maybe I should have written his character :)) :)) :)) 

"Like, the kind of half-awake state where you get up at two a.m., take a wrong turn on the way to the bathroom, and end up peeing in the kitchen trash-basket."
 ;D :)) :)) :)) :))

Um...er...ah-- This one time, uh, m-my brother did that.  Yeah. [darts eyes insincerely]

All in all this doesn't sound like the Scooby Doo I grew up with.  If anything it sounds like I just went back to the 90's and I'm in junior high watching Daria on MTV.  Only that show was funny ;D
« Last Edit: 2023-02-07 18:55:49 by Daphine » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #122 on: 2023-02-07 20:12:55 »

I saw the first episode and was pretty upset at how they treated the characters.  It's pretty awful.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #123 on: 2023-02-07 20:13:19 »

^ I watched the first five episodes.  Yes.  It is self-depreciating and spiteful.  It is animated very well, but the script is written with spite and hatred.  It's pretty obvious they think this is funny, but it makes it so negative.  Everyone of the characters don't like each other, they tolerate each other, and most hate each other.  Even the ones who are supposed to be friends are cruel towards one another.

There is a joke in one of the episodes where Velma even states, "What is a Scooby Doo?" because Scooby doesn't exist in this show.

This.  You nailed it.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #124 on: 2023-02-09 15:32:44 »

I'm embarrassed to say this but when Scooby Doo sneezes I have feelings that are pretty adult :-0 :-] :-].  Maybe I should have written his character :)) :)) :))
Like, zoinks.  I feel like I should offer you a (candy) cigarette and a cold shower, Daph.    ;)

Yeah, it's actually a spit-take, but we can pretend she's sneezing there.    :-]  >>()

In the immortal words of our mighty mod-mistress:

OH MY GOSH!  Why do I subject myself to these horrible theme songs?  lol!
Whenever anyone asks me this question about my media diet, I simply say I'm a doing research for a new story I'm writing.  I have justified watching a lot of baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad TV this way.   ;D

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #125 on: 2023-02-09 16:23:18 »

Yeah, it's actually a spit-take, but we can pretend she's sneezing there.    :-]  >>()

Aaahhhh dang.  I thought this was real and I got excited about a possible female sneeze from Daphne.  What a let down!  At least it's still a good screen grab. ;D

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #126 on: 2023-02-10 09:47:37 »

Quite a few good possible non-sneeze sneeze-face screen grabs here and here, as well.  I'm thinking AOL/T-WA should bring ol' Buford out of retirement for a big project sometime. Though they might have to redesign him a tad--that Confederate Army cap he wears might be a trigger for "woke" BLM Gen-Zers, or something. Wouldn't want 'em getting man and choking on their gluten-free avocado toast.    ;D

Daphine

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #127 on: 2023-02-10 22:31:25 »

Like, zoinks.  I feel like I should offer you a (candy) cigarette and a cold shower, Daph.    ;)

:)) :)) :)) :-]@NostradamusTheSeer , you made me laugh out load ;D. Just a candy cigarette NostradamusTheSeer I would like to think that I earned myself the real thing :))
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #128 on: 2023-02-11 21:42:28 »

^ I watched the first five episodes.  Yes.  It is self-depreciating and spiteful.  It is animated very well, but the script is written with spite and hatred.  It's pretty obvious they think this is funny, but it makes it so negative.  Everyone of the characters don't like each other, they tolerate each other, and most hate each other.  Even the ones who are supposed to be friends are cruel towards one another.

There is a joke in one of the episodes where Velma even states, "What is a Scooby Doo?" because Scooby doesn't exist in this show.

I should have stopped at five, but I kept watching to see how horrible this would be.  I watched the first season (skipping some because it's so bad).  I can honestly say, this is one of the most spiteful, hateful, angry shows I have ever watched.  These are not Scooby characters. This is just an absolutely awful show with very angry writers.  Velma is awful.  Don't watch it.  I honestly do not know who this show is made for and why it exists. 

This show, as it continued on, started being anti-white people and anti-men, constantly making fun of them.  Velma is insufferable and awful.  The show makes Velma and Daphne a couple.  They make fun of the Dad for no reason, who might be the most normal character, and even he isn't good.  Norville, who is Shaggy, also just becomes stupid.  Fred they make a joke, and constantly make fun of him.  Daphine is just Velma's love object.  It's horrible.  Velma is proud to be a liar. This show is woke, leftist trash, especially in later episodes.  It's so confounding.  I realize this post is all over the place.  Velma is so horrible to everyone, even her 'friends.'  The nicest person to her, Norville, she tries to destroy later in the show just for her own gain.

Story spoiler below...

Spoiler (hover to show)
Velma's Dad is constantly made to be a bad guy and the characters all say he cheated on his wife, even though he didn't.  His wife LEFT.  How is he cheating if she LEFT.  Oh my gosh....

The show has a 1.4 out of 10 rating on IMDB.  IMDB
« Last Edit: 2023-02-11 21:53:21 by Silverwing » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #129 on: 2023-02-11 22:26:28 »

I should have stopped at five, but I kept watching to see how horrible this would be.  I watched the first season (skipping some because it's so bad).  I can honestly say, this is one of the most spiteful, hateful, angry shows I have ever watched.  These are not Scooby characters. This is just an absolutely awful show with very angry writers.  Velma is awful.  Don't watch it.  I honestly do not know who this show is made for and why it exists. 

This show, as it continued on, started being anti-white people and anti-men, constantly making fun of them.  Velma is insufferable and awful.  The show makes Velma and Daphne a couple.  They make fun of the Dad for no reason, who might be the most normal character, and even he isn't good.  Norville, who is Shaggy, also just becomes stupid.  Fred they make a joke, and constantly make fun of him.  Daphine is just Velma's love object.  It's horrible.  Velma is proud to be a liar. This show is woke, leftist trash, especially in later episodes.  It's so confounding.  I realize this post is all over the place.  Velma is so horrible to everyone, even her 'friends.'  The nicest person to her, Norville, she tries to destroy later in the show just for her own gain.

Story spoiler below...

Spoiler (hover to show)
Velma's Dad is constantly made to be a bad guy and the characters all say he cheated on his wife, even though he didn't.  His wife LEFT.  How is he cheating if she LEFT.  Oh my gosh....

I finished watching it as well and I can say it one of the worst shows I have ever seen, storywise.  None of the characters are likable.  Nothing about this show is funny.  It eventually just turns into a bunch of hate speech.  It's a shame because the animation is great. 
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #130 on: 2023-02-11 22:35:35 »

Story spoiler below...

Spoiler (hover to show)

I finished watching it as well and I can say it one of the worst shows I have ever seen, storywise.  None of the characters are likable.  Nothing about this show is funny.  It eventually just turns into a bunch of hate speech.  It's a shame because the animation is great.

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.  I am not gonna watch this.  You guys laid it out pretty clear here.  I watched the trailer, and even that did not get me interested.   Why does trash like this get approved? 
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Warner Animation Group Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024