PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: DreamWorks Animation 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: DreamWorks Animation  (Read 8781 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: 2020-12-05 00:18:16 »

I saw a TV ad that said the Croods 2 was at theaters?  It has a new name now, it's not called CROODS 2. 

Theaters?  So they didn't do the online release thing?  I didn't know theaters were even open.

They had a rebranding.  It became The Croods: A New Age. 

It is making decent money at theaters... I think?  It's hard to know since theaters are limited and only parts of the country can see it.  The film is getting mostly average reviews, to being passable.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2020-12-05 21:39:28 »

Ha!  I guess they figured a name was better than just some number.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2020-12-07 15:13:57 »

Also again... another sequel to a film NO ONE CARED about.  Wy Dreamworks? WHY?

The Boss Baby: Family Business...

Theater release set for March 21, 2021.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-07 15:14:34 by Rainberry » Logged

Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2020-12-07 23:23:13 »

*Pinches my sinuses and sighs*
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: 2021-04-03 16:11:41 »

The first film was cute... and I enjoyed the Netflix series, even though the finale simply rehashed the events of the end of the movie, so it really took the emotional punch out of it.  But I think Boss Baby has said all it has to say without needing a sequel-- next-gen, no less. 

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2021-04-05 16:01:33 »

Another... WHY product being made. "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" was a beautiful movie... well Dreamworks is gonna do their best to ruin that.

Spirit Untamed is an upcoming coumputer animated film that is a sequel to the 2002 tranditionally animated film Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, as well as a retelling of the first season of the Netflix series, Spirit Riding Free. Produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures

Coming June 4, 2021.
Trailer

Opinion video by a female voice.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2021-05-22 16:08:54 »

UPCOMING DREAMWORKS FILMS

Spirit Untamed - June 4, 2021.

The Boss Baby: Family Business - Sep 17, 2021.

The Bad Guys - April 15, 2022.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish - Sep 23, 2022.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2021-06-01 17:03:40 »

Reviews for Spirit Untamed are being released. Overall, it is seeing average reviews.

Spirit Untamed is pleasant, uplifting animated tale. 3/5
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: 2021-06-01 18:15:23 »

They are degrading a fantastic animated movie in the original Spirit movie.  This new one is nothing more than the lowest denominator of entertainment.  Plunk a kid in front of it and it will hold their attention while the parents do other stuff.  Thats all this will become.
LocoLover3

I say what I like and I like what I say. So there.

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2021-06-02 13:01:06 »

The idea of this movie makes me so mad because it totally disregards the entire point and message of the first! Not to mention the original was set in the waaaay past, the days of the old West, where this one is set modern-day???
AND it's just another horse-girl movie, from what I can tell.

EDIT: So the Spirit in the film isn't supposed to be the same Spirit as the one in the first movie. He's supposed to be his possible grandson. So MAYBE I can retract my earlier comments.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-02 13:05:10 by LocoLover3 » Logged

I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: 2021-06-02 17:07:25 »

The idea of this movie makes me so mad because it totally disregards the entire point and message of the first! Not to mention the original was set in the waaaay past, the days of the old West, where this one is set modern-day???
AND it's just another horse-girl movie, from what I can tell.

I agree with what you said here though.  What you said doesn't go away just because it's is "grandson" horse or whatever.  This show aimed for a very narrow target demo, and that's all they did. 

They didn't try to make a movie to appeal to everyone like the first one did.  The first one is an underrated gem or a movie that deserves so much more than this second movie.  I bet any kid could watch the new movie and see the old one, side by side, and say the old movie was better.  There was action in it, but none of the corny "girl power" action of this new movie.  This new movie was just made to check boxes and that it.  It's really disappointing.

This 'Spirit' series could have been something special.  Instead it's just the lowest form of entertainment.   And worse of all, they made the horse talk in the new movie....
LocoLover3

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2021-06-02 18:48:42 »

They made him TALK?? Now that's just not cool, one of the best parts about Spirit was that he couldn't talk!
I agree with all you said though, Rainy. The new movie is all about the girl power+horse dynamic, which has been done to death...
« Last Edit: 2021-06-02 18:56:27 by LocoLover3 » Logged

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2021-06-02 18:56:33 »

Yeah, they gave him a voice.... He doesn't TALK to the girl, but he talks way too much to the audience. 

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: 2021-06-03 04:41:26 »

They made the same mistake in the last of the latter-day Beethoven movies (although he did speak in the TV cartoon).

A voice has to fit a character, and this one didn't--I found it far too gruff and not endearing at all.

LocoLover3

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2021-06-03 15:01:31 »

I can't think it's realistic for a mustang to allow a girl to ride on his back like that, no matter how endearing the girl. He's a wild horse! She's not an experienced rider!
« Last Edit: 2021-06-03 15:01:43 by LocoLover3 » Logged

Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: DreamWorks Animation « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024