PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Anime 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anime  (Read 6232 times)
blah!?
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2019-11-16 11:15:19 »

I'm in the middle of My Hero Academia season 3 myself. I watched season 1 a long time ago, then I really fell behind and didn't watch more until a couple months ago. Then I breezed through season 2 in just a few days, and now I'm over halfway through season 3 and looking forward to season 4.

At this point the main thing I'm really looking forward to is Made In Abyss. I loved the first season so much that I watched the entire show in one evening. There's that movie that came out in Japan that should be getting a US release soon, and then I really hope there'll be a second season after that since I know there's more material to cover. Also a second season of Land of the Lustrous would be similarly amazing.
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2019-11-16 12:25:17 »

Enjoy it my hero peaks at season 4
Lance

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2019-11-16 13:13:56 »

Remembered two more I enjoyed.  Durarara and Tokyo Ghoul.
Zuki
Rookie

Shadow friend

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2019-11-16 13:15:51 »

Remembered two more I enjoyed.  Durarara and Tokyo Ghoul.
.::      I really liked Tokyo Ghoul as well, I heard they like revamped the whole story or something  ???          ::.
Lance

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2019-11-16 13:21:13 »

It was a problem between the author of the manga and the studio who put the first two seasons out.  Season 2 in particular, while good, strayed from the manga's plot and the author was pissed.  Season 3 was double length, put out by a different studio, and was truer to the manga.  So that was what happened.
Bondi

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: 2019-11-16 14:30:36 »

MD Geist 1 and 2, as well as Roots Search, are probably among the best you'll find for bad anime. :)

Good  review of the MD Geist movie over at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrrYb1v640A&feature=youtu.be
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2019-11-27 18:58:48 »

And my favourite anime probably ever demon slayer
Bondi

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: 2019-11-28 17:11:37 »

I watched Made in Abyss last week. Good adventure anime that gets pretty weird and brutal towards the end. 13 episodes, from 2017. I guess it continues into a couple of movies, but I don't know if those are available in English or not. Made in Abyss the show can be watched for free if you have Amazon Prime, though. :)
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2019-12-02 16:11:09 »

Don't know how I forgot about sword art online alicization great show I want the blu ray collection
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2020-08-10 05:03:04 »

I'm watching like every anime this season. from, Sao to, fire force season two to, snafu season 3. it's all so good!!
Bondi

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: 2020-08-25 03:35:01 »

Currently watching Casshan, or Cashern, I guess both names are valid. I don't know. It's an anime from 1973. I usually don't like anime from the 70s but this one isn't bad. You can definitely see how it influenced the Mega Man series, which is a game franchise that I enjoy, and I like Cashern Sins, a reimagining of this from 2008, so this is an interesting watch. :)
Depressed edge lord

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: 2020-09-22 04:18:20 »

The great pretender on Netflix is really good
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: 2021-09-27 22:01:37 »

So I guess this is our site's anime topic....

I stumbled upon this article and it is very interesting.  I never knew about this stuff.  Why do the majority of Japanese anime characters look like white people?  I was just wondering among people who actually watch anime, what their thoughts are on this subject?  I truly don't know and never really thought about it until now.
Bondi

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: 2021-10-21 16:00:04 »

I don't tend to worry too much about skin color in anime. Anime characters are usually stylized to at least some degree, so when they bring up characters like Revy from Black Lagoon, it's like, maybe there might be SOME initial confusion, but as soon as they say she's Chinese, it's like, yeah, she's Chinese. Rock is Japanese. And if anyone is still familiar with the anime Now and Then Here and There for 1999, the main character Shu, along with a lot of other characters, yeah, I have no problem believing they're Asian. For anime characters with blond hair, for example, well, Asians can still dye their hair blond, but you also sometimes have anime characters with blue, purple, or green hair. Again, it's more about stylization of character designs rather than realistic physical depictions. Also, not all anime or manga are even set in Japan. Berserk is set in a Medieval fantasy setting so obviously those characters are white with the exception of Caska.  I'm honestly more concerned with how a character is written and how engaging and/or entertaining they are than I am about their race anyway, though.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: 2021-10-22 08:33:33 »

Well I guess since I just now realized this topic exists, I'll put in my recent watches. I recently got into My Hero Academia.

And by I got into it, I mean I'm obsessed. Like.....early days of the brony fandom obsessed. I already have favorite characters, favorite ships, I'm fully caught up on the manga and keep up with new releases, I'm even reading and writing fanfics about it.

Also there are a few moments in the anime that feature a few screencaps that look like sneezy moments but aren't.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Anime « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024