PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: 20th Century Animation Studio Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 20th Century Animation Studio Discussion  (Read 2244 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« on: 2021-10-09 20:42:04 »

20th Century Animation, Inc. (originally Fox Family Films, Fox Animation Studios, and 20th Century Fox Animation) is an animation production studio, organized as a division of Walt Disney Studios. Originally formed in 1994 as a subsidiary of 20th Century Fox (currently 20th Century Studios), the studio is located in Century City, Los Angeles, and is tasked with producing feature-length films. Blue Sky Studios, the primary unit of 20th Century Animation, was shut down by Disney on April 10, 2021.

It is in this topic we discuss this confusingly sort of not new, but kind of new, studio... which was once FOX, but now owned by Disney. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2021-10-09 20:42:42 »

20th Century Animation, formerly 21st Century FOX Animation and FOX Animation Studios and 21st Century FOX.  Blue Sky Animation was their main division for making animated films, but now owned under Disney, Blue Sky has been shut down.  All that is left is the newly renamed (by Disney) 20th Century Animation.  This is their first official new film under this moniker and it is made by a studio called, Locksmith Animation, a British animation studio.  This studio has never made a film before, but they claim to be "the only high-end computer-animation studio in the UK making computer-animated family films."  Interesting.  This is their first film, lets go, thoughts on the trailer...

Ron's Gone Wrong

Premise: "Set in a future where walking, speaking, digitally connected "B-bots" became kids' friends, Ron's Gone Wrong tells the story of Barney who finds out that his new B-bot, Ron, never quite works."

The film releases October 22, 2021.
« Last Edit: 2021-10-09 20:43:19 by RainySunshine » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2021-10-10 18:02:53 »

Pretty dark color tone to this film.  Not sure about the character designs... at least they are different?
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2021-10-10 22:57:14 »

So Disney kills Blue Sky and the original Fox Animation studio for this?  They just buy the competition and crush them.  That is sad.  :(  This film doesn't really seem appealing to me.  It pulls of vibes of Emoji Movie to me with people all wanting to follow technology and having a movie based around social media and tech doesn't really interest me.   I am sure they will make the little B-Bot cute though, as he seems similar to that blob in Big Hero Six. 

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2021-10-12 16:00:10 »

I mean it doesn't look bad.  Animation is fine.  The story seems like it's been done before, but I will give it a chance of course.  New studio, good luck to them.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2021-10-13 14:07:23 »

[in David Spade voice]  "I liked this movie the first time I saw it... when it was called Wall-E."    ;D

[normal voice] Eh, I'm talking out of my ass now-- I never saw that movie.    :nervoussmile:

I'm thinking that fake smarmy David Spade voice is going to get a lot of use in the fall/holiday movie season.

Also, wasn't a malfunctioning, eccentric robot companion essentially the whole concept behind GIR?   :-\

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2021-10-13 17:23:39 »

Also, wasn't a malfunctioning, eccentric robot companion essentially the whole concept behind GIR?   :-\

It has been the basis of no less than eight major animated films since 2010.
« Last Edit: 2021-10-13 17:23:53 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2021-10-22 17:18:38 »

This review of the film is up.  It's getting slightly above average reviews so far.  So roughly a 6 out of 10.

Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2021-12-07 15:47:09 »

New studio.  Give them time, and we'll see how they do.  Of course I want them to do well. :D  Make good and original content.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2022-01-14 21:32:25 »

Well, time for the second movie to be released by this studio.  Animation was done by the same studios that make the cartoon tv show.  So that would be Bento Box Entertainment, Wilo Productions, and 20th Century Family.  Formerly part of FOX, but now under Disney's massive umbrella. This is the first full length theater movie for all these studios.  The animation doesn't look all that different from the show, and I think that is what fans will enjoy about it.

The Bob's Burgers Movie which comes out Memorial Day 2022.  It's release has been delayed two years due to the virus, despite being all done.  It was originally going to release in 2020.

Bob's Burgers created by Loren Bouchard, who co-wrote, co-produced, and directed in his feature directorial debut with Bernard Derriman. The original voice cast from the series reprises their roles including Kristen Schaal, H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, Larry Murphy, Zach Galifianakis, and Kevin Kline.

The animation doesn't look all that different from the show, and I think that is what fans will enjoy about it. The trailer didn't reveal a whole lot, so it can be expected that like the show, things won't be all that grand and crazy, maybe hanging around their town instead.
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2022-01-19 00:48:35 »

Looks like a moldy burger... I can't say it inspires much confidence in that trailer. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2022-04-11 23:24:30 »

And a new trailer.

I appreciate they don't give away spoilers and the entire plot like most trailers now days.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2023-02-09 23:15:30 »

The Bob's Burgers Movie was listed as a critical success despite making less money then it cost... not sure how that works.  It made $34.2 million against a budge of $38 million. Currently has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 88% and was met with positive reviews. 89% of viewers gave it a positive score.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: 20th Century Animation Studio Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024