PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason?  (Read 25773 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: 2017-01-14 12:45:42 »

Thanks.  I can rest easy. 
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2017-01-14 12:55:10 »

*head desk, points to example* MLP 3.5.
Yeeees. And not barley ;P

Or completely mess up morals and teach bad ones, or completely mess them up. Confuse kids. They don't try. They don't try with the animation, they dot try wth the voice acting, they don't try with the characters. Basically they don't try. And it happens often with kids shows and movies. Because "kids are stupid" "kids don't care" "kids don't have standards" but no. Kids deserve better than just stupid brightly colored things jumping around doing nothing and accomplishing nothing.

Can you tell me examples of some bad morals in kid shows?
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2017-01-14 13:03:20 »

Can you tell me examples of some bad morals in kid shows?

Many episode of iCarly and other shows by Schneider, rewarded bad behavior.  Poor choices, yelling, and being spoiled were all what got these characters what they wanted.  They treated adults poorly and were always the smart ones.

Teen Titans go does the same thing, but it is done for humor.  The Titans often never learn a less and often have a bad lesson taught to be funny.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2017-01-14 13:03:55 »

I don't think my brain could survive discussing in this chat anymore. I'm bailing. Go look up MsysteriousMrEnter on YouTube. Go through his animated atrocities. He can do that job for you.

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2017-01-14 13:07:11 »

Um those are kid shows that are not kind of shows you see on learning show blocks. Those are kid shows that were mostly made to entertain because not all shows are made to teach morals. Also these are pretty much mostly made as jokes, not really to teach kids something new.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #35 on: 2017-01-14 13:11:56 »

No. Not at all. Watch some of his videos. Learn some stuff about animation and bad animation and bad shows with bad morals. Because if they're teaching morals, that's why they're doing. And if they do it bad, that's REALLY bad.
I'm done discussing here, I don't want to give myself a headache debating the air.

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2017-01-14 20:08:40 »

Teen Titans GO is disliked because it is mindless and ridiculous, and because it wasn't like the original Teen Titans.... but... if you take it as a completely separate show and want something mindless, it really isn't that bad.

Don't throw stuff at me. 
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2017-01-15 00:00:57 »

Teen Titans GO is disliked because it is mindless and ridiculous, and because it wasn't like the original Teen Titans.... but... if you take it as a completely separate show and want something mindless, it really isn't that bad.

Don't throw stuff at me.

^^^^^ This.

Also, am I the only one in here who is actually a legit fan of star wars?

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2017-01-15 00:06:26 »

But the thing is, TTG tries to say they're a continuation, or that they're better. And people also hate the pretentious attitude. But if it where a show on its own... It would still be kinda crap. I don't want to see asshole characters win all the time and get no comupence for their wrong doing.

I'm sure some of the other guys like Star Wars too, Blurr.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2017-01-15 00:08:27 »

TTG doesn't say they are a continuation or better.  That is what the fans hyped themselves up to believe.  The shows creator has stated many times the show is a joke and can't compare to the original.  He has said it wasn't meant to be a continuation and it just isn't the same kind of show. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2017-01-15 00:09:12 »

I've seen otherwise elsewhere. But okay. My other point still stands though lol.

Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: 2017-01-15 01:53:17 »

*Munching on popcorn sipping cola* Don't mind me I'm just here for the show *Goes back to reading the comments*

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2017-01-15 09:34:20 »

Also I notice that a couple of popular things are just only getting hate for their fanbases, when fanbases don't effect the media and their is more to it than the fanbases. That is another example of something getting disliked for no reason other than it is popular.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2017-01-15 10:33:06 »

TTG doesn't say they are a continuation or better.  That is what the fans hyped themselves up to believe.  The shows creator has stated many times the show is a joke and can't compare to the original.  He has said it wasn't meant to be a continuation and it just isn't the same kind of show.

It is well documented.  They spent an entire episode making fun of how bad the show is. The episode is called, "The Fourth Wall."  They make fun of their writing and animation throughout the entire episode.

They also did an episode later which was simply clips from the old Teen Titan's show, clipped together to make an episode and the re-dubbed it.  So the show really does not take itself seriously, and it was the fandom that took it to the extreme expecting something it was not.

Young Justice jokes
More dubbing
« Last Edit: 2017-01-15 10:36:44 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2017-01-15 15:28:32 »

Oh wow, I didn't know about those episodes.  (I don't watch the show, but I loosely follow show drama in fandoms).
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024