PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason?  (Read 25752 times)
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: 2017-01-21 12:06:42 »

Most people have legitimate reasons for disliking things. Because they have standards.

I couldn't agree more. I very rarely jump on any hate bandwagon. I have a kind of criteria when it comes to seeing things - if I legit hate something, I'll be blunt enough to say it. Nobody has to agree with my opinion.

In wake of things I feel the need to preface most of my critique with "Well, if you like it, all the power to you" or "I'm glad you liked it at least", but I tend to stick to my guns with most stuff.

The best I can do without hurting anyone's feelings is not saying anything at all. XD
« Last Edit: 2017-01-21 12:07:05 by patripony » Logged

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: 2017-01-21 12:09:10 »

TTG doesn't say they are a continuation or better.  That is what the fans hyped themselves up to believe.  The shows creator has stated many times the show is a joke and can't compare to the original.  He has said it wasn't meant to be a continuation and it just isn't the same kind of show.

It is well documented.  They spent an entire episode making fun of how bad the show is. The episode is called, "The Fourth Wall."  They make fun of their writing and animation throughout the entire episode.

They also did an episode later which was simply clips from the old Teen Titan's show, clipped together to make an episode and the re-dubbed it.  So the show really does not take itself seriously, and it was the fandom that took it to the extreme expecting something it was not.

Young Justice jokes
More dubbing

I remember this episode and the brouhaha that ensued with it.

It doesn't effect me much because A) the Teen Titans I prefer came out during my high school days and I consider it something of a great watch and B) when Teen Titans Go had already came out, I had long since moved away from cartoons. XD I'd enjoy it if I was 13, but at 30? Man, gimme some 'It's Always Sunny in Philadalphia' instead.

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: 2017-02-05 00:45:32 »

Lady Gaga.  Didn't like her because everyone else liked her... and her music SUCKS. 

;)  See.  I am good at this. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #48 on: 2017-02-05 00:47:25 »

Pffff. I do enjoy Lady Gaga. Her music is its own brand at times. So strange. Just like her.
And she does have a very nice voice.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2017-02-05 00:49:10 »

*Acts like everyone else.*

I hate Nickelback because all their songs sound the same! 

Oh no!  I hate Daughtry now, even though I voted for him to win Idol!! Aahhh! 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #50 on: 2017-02-05 00:50:49 »

Haha XD
I never did get why people rip on Nickleback. I don't like listen to all his music. But I do like his one song, the Look at this Photograph one. Kinda makes me a bit sad.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2017-02-05 00:54:51 »

And see, I actually don't mind either and actually enjoy the catchy tunes of Nickelback. 

To each their own. :D 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #52 on: 2017-02-05 01:02:01 »

I figured you were messin :P

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: 2017-02-05 14:55:15 »

The thing for Nickelback, is everyone says there songs are the same three songs over and over with different lyrics... they aren't.  But you could make that same case for most all pop music today.  Same formula, same sorta sound, filler and background music.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: 2017-02-27 19:25:54 »

Now when Death Blossom said that most people have legitimate reasons for disliking things. Yes that is true but I am talking about people who just try to act hip and cool by just disliking stuff just because it is popular (take Frozen for example) or just disliking stuff just because it is for kids (shows on Nick Jr and PBS Kids for example) and they just dislike them without giving out a good reason or more than one reason.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2017-02-27 19:47:39 »

I already explained why people dislike kids shows, and it's not just "because it's for kids". Assuming that's why they dislike the shows isn't right.

And I did notice people not liking Frozen, and while I like it, some people do unjustifiably hate it, while others have good points, while others have retarded points.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #56 on: 2017-02-27 20:05:17 »

Nickelback.  People hate them because it is popular to do so. 
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2017-02-27 20:40:14 »

I already explained why people dislike kids shows, and it's not just "because it's for kids". Assuming that's why they dislike the shows isn't right.

And I did notice people not liking Frozen, and while I like it, some people do unjustifiably hate it, while others have good points, while others have retarded points.

Well yes you did say why people dislike kid shows. But with them being colorful is just the way they are because kids like being entertain and unlike shows for bigger kids there are no bad morals in them because half of them teaches kids about dealing with problems and having friendships with others.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #58 on: 2017-02-27 20:52:18 »

*facepalm* you don't fully read/understand my points do you?

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: 2017-02-28 07:20:39 »

No I do, but as I said kid shows being colorful since they are kid shows and they have morals in them to teach kids how to behave in life. Also mostly they are hated by people who want to act all hip and cool around them like they make fun of them at Middle School and High School.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-28 07:22:21 by DEEcat98 » Logged
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024