PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Best Cartoon Theme Songs! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Cartoon Theme Songs!  (Read 16479 times)
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2017-03-04 23:17:27 »

Oh shit I remember that.

I actually remember liking the show, tbh

SNEE
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: 2017-03-04 23:20:16 »

LOL!  That theme song always got me so pumped.  I loved the movie, but the show's voices for Cuzco was never as good.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: 2017-03-04 23:21:00 »

This is a good instrumental and a visually appealing intro.  Make Oregon proud!  "Gravity Falls!"

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: 2017-03-04 23:26:30 »

Yes, it is very catchy too. 
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: 2017-03-04 23:28:42 »

So while Canada may have a lot of bad FLASH animated shows, they do have a tendency to at least put some effort and good quality into their theme songs... I welcome you to these shows.  Very teen oriented themes, but still good quality songs.  Canada as a lot of talented upstart bands. :)

6Teen

Stoked.

Total Drama Series theme.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: 2017-03-04 23:31:29 »

I will give them that for sure.  Those are high production values on those songs, each one of them.  Better them most.
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: 2017-03-05 07:38:47 »

I'll post three theme songs, three shows that I watched and grew inspired by, watching these growing up, it laid down the foundation for my artistic journey, it started with these three.

I've choosen the second season intro cause... that guitar I tell you!
Once I was done at school as a kid I'd RUN home to do my homework before Swat Katz would start on Cartoon Network!
The intro draws you in, keeps you going and gets you pumped up for the show!

I remember I saw this while I was doing a "Try this job out" thing in school, I was trying out what it'd be like to work as a daycare teacher.
So one day they had a watch a movie friday, a kid had brought this VHS tape and I was introduced to this!
I wanted to see more so I bought some vhs tapes *Biker Mice didn't air in Sweden I think, I must have missed it if it did, cause I don't remember seeing it on tv*

Unlike Biker Mice and Swat Katz that I saw in the mid 90s.
I started watching TMNT when I was like 4-5.
I remember when I heard them coming on TV, that theme song had me jumping up and down in my sofa.
I grew up with this intro it's still the better version in my opinion, maybe cause I didn't hear the original version until later on and when I did, I thought it didn't sound "right"
TMNT was the first *anthro* show I watched and I remember drawing nothing but TMNT for the longest time.

Enjoy three golden pieces of my childhood that made me want to be an artist and have this kind of style in my art.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-05 07:39:59 by Umeko » Logged

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2017-03-05 08:51:16 »

I will give them that for sure.  Those are high production values on those songs, each one of them.  Better them most.
They spend their whole budget on the song XP

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2017-03-05 12:13:40 »

Yep, the older shows had the best songs. :)  Maybe just because it was 80s music that it rocked hard. ;)

Also the Jonny Quest and Tintin themes are great instrumentals. 
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: 2017-03-05 12:18:39 »

Yep, the older shows had the best songs. :)  Maybe just because it was 80s music that it rocked hard. ;)

Also the Jonny Quest and Tintin themes are great instrumentals.

I absolutely LOVE the intro for The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest!

And the show was AMAZING :D

Yeah 80s and 90s shows had the best intros

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2017-03-05 12:22:40 »

^ I know, that theme was excellent.  It was terrific and had so much suspense and action in it as it rose to the pinnacle of the song.  It was deep too, with just adventure at every part of it.  Great song, and a good intro. 

My biggest issue with the show itself is when they did the CGI scenes.  I wish it was just all hand drawn animation. 
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2017-03-05 12:23:56 »

So far, I am liking the Jonny Quest theme the most here.  I had forgotten how impactful that theme song was.  Probably the best instrumental yet.  I would say Tintin comes in second for right now, because it still has that movie magic sound to it, just not as powerful.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-05 12:24:08 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2017-03-05 12:27:29 »

I also enjoyed your backstory on the videos you posted, Umeko.  I did the same thing with SWAT Katz.  I also raced home to at least see the theme song, lol. 
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: 2017-03-05 13:08:21 »

^ I know, that theme was excellent.  It was terrific and had so much suspense and action in it as it rose to the pinnacle of the song.  It was deep too, with just adventure at every part of it.  Great song, and a good intro. 

My biggest issue with the show itself is when they did the CGI scenes.  I wish it was just all hand drawn animation.

CGI was still a new thing back then, so for the time it wasn't so bad, but it looks pretty sloppy, but technology has gone much further now.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2017-03-05 15:05:38 »

This is a fun topic.  I like seeing what people enjoy for their theme songs. :) 
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Best Cartoon Theme Songs! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024