PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Barbie 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Barbie  (Read 331 times)
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« on: 2023-07-26 02:15:53 »

About to go and watch Barbie with my girl, I'll let people know if it's worth watching or not :3 no spoilers just the verdict

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-07-26 22:47:27 »

And the verdict is HOLY F THAT WAS A GOOD MOVIE!! If Y'all ever get a chance to watch it, do it!

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-11-09 12:35:20 »

I got to see it and it was very campy, but purposefully so!  I thought it was enjoyable and fun.  I can totally see how young girls would love this too.  I know my little cousin did. ;D 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-11-09 12:40:35 »

Not to mention this movie KILLED in the box office.  Over a billion worldwide and around $640 million in the US alone.

The film has been criticized for some feminist bits and a possible China propaganda scene (overblown).  But overall the whole movie is tongue and cheek and seems to be a huge hit for Warner Brothers.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Barbie « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024