PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Steven Universe - Season 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Universe - Season 3  (Read 13308 times)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: 2016-07-29 19:36:16 »

But now they've FINALLY talked..............and a few people on tumblr are starting to ship PearlxGreg

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2016-07-29 19:54:04 »

Guh. I feared that would happen. >_>
It's just as cringeworthy as the people who ship Mayor Dewey with Pearl.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: 2016-07-29 21:36:45 »

I guess love is complicated, be you human or Gem.   Pearl is the most maternal of Steven's "aunts", so it stands to reason fans want her to find love with someone.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: 2016-07-29 21:49:40 »

I thought it was a really well done song.

I viewed it as Pearl feeling that Rose choose him, and didn't choose her, but in terms of maybe fighting for Gems or something, like their fusion thing... I don't know.  So like either she loved Rose, or she is upset she choose him because of them not focusing on fusion and doing their thing.  I can see it both ways though.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-29 21:52:13 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2016-07-29 21:55:46 »

?
I felt it was like the final thing that cemented that they loved each other and what broke Pearl was Rose choosing someone, who in Pearls eyes, was somebody who barely knew her over her [Pearl] who she had fought with and loved for years. Which I guess is something pretty heartbreaking.

It does seem that because of Greg though that Rose spent less time with all of the gems and the whole Crystal Gems thing. Which probably hurt them too, but they weren't as close to Rose as Pearl was.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-29 21:59:42 by LP » Logged

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #50 on: 2016-07-29 21:59:36 »

Yeah, it cements Pearl loved Rose.

In their world, they are neither male or female, right?  So now that they are on earth in the form of females, they can make this huge message with this show.  It might make a lot of people unhappy, and a lot of other people happy. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2016-07-29 22:01:37 »

Well yeah, it's a message they seem to have been doing since the start. Afterall, Ruby and Saphire and constantly fused, literally attached to each other all the time. And it does make many people happy, and the people it makes unhappy, they just seem to brush it away with "well they're not really females".

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: 2016-07-29 22:04:40 »

Well yeah, it's a message they seem to have been doing since the start. Afterall, Ruby and Saphire and constantly fused, literally attached to each other all the time. And it does make many people happy, and the people it makes unhappy, they just seem to brush it away with "well they're not really females".

This show is really trying to make a statement though.  It went a step further then the Legend of Korra.

I mean, think of the subject matter, on a children's network, that is being shown.  This would be complete taboo even a few years ago.  One can view this as progress, or a complete decline in our values system.

I'm not choosing a side, just pointing stuff out that is already known, but I don't see people ever talk about it.  I loved Pearl's song, I liked her outfit, and it was well animated. :)  I thought it was really good.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #53 on: 2016-07-29 22:12:21 »

Well, I guess people don't talk about it because it's just expected of the show now.
It's been there since the premise, or at least since Giant Woman and the episode with Sugilite. A deep connection made between female characters. It's not anything "new" now for the show. It's one of its key elements.

Step further than Korra... Hmm. Well, in LoK the characters are confirmed bisexuals and it ends with two of the characters becoming a couple. Here, they're "lesbians", or bi in Rose's case. They both have strong powerful females who are in relationships with another female. I guess the difference is, LoK did it because it was off TV and was independent when the last episode was released.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: 2016-07-29 22:17:51 »

Well, I guess people don't talk about it because it's just expected of the show now.
It's been there since the premise, or at least since Giant Woman and the episode with Sugilite. A deep connection made between female characters. It's not anything "new" now for the show. It's one of its key elements.

Step further than Korra... Hmm. Well, in LoK the characters are confirmed bisexuals and it ends with two of the characters becoming a couple. Here, they're "lesbians", or bi in Rose's case. They both have strong powerful females who are in relationships with another female. I guess the difference is, LoK did it because it was off TV and was independent when the last episode was released.

Yeah, you are right about LoK.  So I guess we should be viewing this as groundbreaking, what Steven Universe is doing, ON TV. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2016-07-29 22:20:52 »

But their loophole is that they're rocks. They just have female forms.
That's their loophole.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #56 on: 2016-07-29 22:22:06 »

But their loophole is that they're rocks. They just have female forms.
That's their loophole.

I'm still amazed that works.  CN is allowing it, knowing full well most kids don't realize that, and most adults who will walk in, won't know that.  They'll just see two females going at it (not going at it, but you know what I mean). 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2016-07-29 22:27:17 »

Well that's extreme. A child, and someone with no context would just see 2 gems dancing.
It's like saying when the transformers make their giant robot (do transformers do that?) it's them having sex. Sure, fusing is a lot more intimate and about the relationship between the dancers, but it doesn't solely have to be about a love relationship. But one where they need to work together.

Of course, older people who watch the show see the subtext, but young kids won't, and I guess it's iffy if someone with no context walked in on it.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #58 on: 2016-07-29 22:30:32 »

Well that's extreme. A child, and someone with no context would just see 2 gems dancing.
It's like saying when the transformers make their giant robot (do transformers do that?) it's them having sex. Sure, fusing is a lot more intimate and about the relationship between the dancers, but it doesn't solely have to be about a love relationship. But one where they need to work together.

Of course, older people who watch the show see the subtext, but young kids won't, and I guess it's iffy if someone with no context walked in on it.

It's pretty iffy. 

But you brought up a valid point with Transformers. They do become like a MEGA-TRANSFORMER... thing.... ;) 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: 2016-07-29 22:33:39 »

I know parents who have banned this show from their kids.  Parents don't know the sub context, but Rebecca Sugar certainly had an agenda too.  That goes without saying.
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Steven Universe - Season 3 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024