PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Over the Garden Wall 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Over the Garden Wall  (Read 6919 times)
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2016-09-03 21:07:24 »

If you haven't seen this miniseries, you really need to.  It's 10 episodes at 15 mins each so it won't take very long.
I'm speechless.  It is incredible. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-03 21:14:53 »

Oh my gosh, I've watched this series.. It's really good! Very spooky and silly. It's a nice combo. Can't believe no ones ever brought it up before. I like their cute designs.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-03 22:33:33 »

I really enjoyed it.  It was one of the better things CN has had produced in probably... well maybe ever.  It actually felt like a lot of care was put into it. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-09-04 07:15:21 »

One of the better things? But CN has been producing a lot of good things lately, hasn't it? It's not like Nickleodeon which has gone down the loo in terms of quality. But yeah, Over the Garden Wall was an incredibly above average quality short cartoon.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-09-04 10:37:40 »

It was a good series.  I liked the darker parts of it, and the old times style of it all.  It was neat.  I didn't care for the very last episode as much when it went back to modern times.  I liked the unique world they were in. 
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-09-04 18:05:52 »

I got the impression that the unique world were how the two children were experiencing the layers of heaven/hell.  The show had a lot of nods to the Divine Comedy.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-09-04 19:50:11 »

It wasn't the last episode that was soley the real world, it was the second to last episode that takes place all in the real world. The last episode at the end they do make it back to the real world though for like 2 minutes. And we find out they're from some city that's in another popular form of media.

yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-09-05 07:01:13 »

Over the Garden Wall was really good, I thought!  I loved its style/aesthetics.  The ending was wasn't the strongest part, true, but IMO it was serviceable enough.  And yeah, I also got Divine Comedy vibes.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-09-05 10:35:26 »

The whole series screamed Divine Comedy to me, but I really liked it. 
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-09-05 22:51:11 »

I just rewatched this.  I love Christopher Lloyd as the Woodsman. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-09-05 22:53:00 »

The Woodsman was probably my fav character for the entire series.  His voice was magic for the series, and such an interesting character. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-09-05 22:56:32 »

The story and plight of the Woodsman is my favorite part of the film.  His daughter and how he believes he is trying to keep her spirit alive.  It is such a tragic tale for him. 
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-09-05 23:32:20 »

Here's what I don't get at the end though.  Did the Woodsman die so thats why he's seeing his daughter again or did the beast perishing release her soul? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-09-06 01:38:22 »

I always thought that she was always at their house. And he never returned there since he started carrying the lantern because he thought she was lost. Which is why he left the house in the first place. Because the house he's at at the end isn't the same one with that big wood to oil grinder.

The way I saw it was he couldn't find her one day, went searching for her and the beast told him he could keep her alive as long as he kept the flame alive and he just set up camp in that house so he wouldn't be far from the machine thingy.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-09-06 12:58:50 »

I always thought the beast hid her, or made her disappear.  I thought the beast held her captive, though I don't think there is any evidence of this.  I wasn't quite sure myself, but was happy the Woodsman saw her again.  I think the changing of the seasons had something to do with it too. 
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Over the Garden Wall « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024