PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Land Before Time 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Land Before Time  (Read 9116 times)
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2017-01-13 21:32:12 »

So any one remember this movie? It is one of my favorite movies from my childhood! ;D
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2017-01-13 21:33:02 »

You bet I do!  I loved the first movie and as I was growing up, I liked a lot of the direct to movie stories too!  I had a small collection. 
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-01-13 21:33:50 »

Oh gooooooooooooooooooood I love the original LBT. So many feels from Littlfoots mother dying.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-01-13 21:34:38 »

I loved the movie! :D 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2017-01-13 21:36:17 »

Not only did I like the movie as a kid, I also liked the direct to home videos they made!  I had a few, up till Chomper I think. ;D

I used to love the movie so much, I watched it on repeat! 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2017-01-13 21:38:01 »

I love this movie. One of Bluth's best. It boils my blood when people call this a Disney movie. Disney wouldn't have the balls to do what Bluth did in this movie. Hell, his version was darker, having scenes like where LF's moms back getting ripped out was actually ON SCREEN! But his buddies told him that maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay scar kids for life.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2017-01-13 21:39:51 »

This was a fine example of a Bluth film, and I might even say his best!  I am glad Disney never got their hands on this and tamed it down to a princess story.  This film is very close to perfection in many regards. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2017-01-13 21:42:05 »

Uh... Why would Disney get their hands on it? He was working, not exactly on his own, but he left Disney. I doubt he'd go to them for help on his film....

For me it's a toss up between this and Secret of NIMH. Both of which I watched as a kid. I love how both films are very dark, literally, very gloomy shots. Not a lot of lighting. Very grainy and gritty. It's really beautiful, and such a trademark Bluth thing. I love the man. He's great.

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2017-01-13 21:43:25 »

IKR! Great movie! I also like the sequels as well too, not as much as the first but I still like them.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2017-01-13 21:45:27 »

The sequels are nice, I enjoyed them as a kid.

I feel the one that got the closest to the tone of the first one was the one with the second LF. The girl. And how his grandpa was dying and stuff. Not exact, but close.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2017-01-13 21:47:51 »

it was really funny seeing Don Bluth on one of the Nostalgia Critic's videos.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2017-01-13 21:48:33 »

I'm saying it's lucky he had moved on from Disney.  Imagine if he had pitched this idea to Disney earlier or he was still with them.  We might never have even gotten this film. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2017-01-13 21:52:24 »

The Land Before Time films now are nothing but videos for parents to plunk their kids in front of.  No real value or meaning, and really not related to the first film in anyway.  But I'm fine with that... kids franchises do their thing...

I'm just happy for the first film we got.  The animation was great.  Hand drawn poetry. 
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2017-01-13 21:53:05 »

don't forget there was a land before time SHOW as well. I never saw, and I have no desire at all to do so.

~~~~~~~~
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2017-01-13 21:53:48 »

There was a show.  I never saw it either... but thats not something I plan to watch ;) 
Pages: [1] 2 3 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Land Before Time « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024