PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion  (Read 19933 times)
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: 2023-06-19 08:59:29 »

The water guy's design looks very similar to Osmosis Jones. I dunno, I feel it's been done. It's a "fish out of water" story... but in this one, the fish is water. I mean, if done, like, a decade ago, it would have been a story about the disparity between the economic classes... in 2023 it's about race?  I  thought Obama has taken us all past that....   ::)

Both Pixar and Dreamworks share the egregious sin, really, of exhausting their properties by making numerous sequels, prequels, and spinoffs based on them 'til everyone's burned out on the franchise. Deciding Tim Allen is a bit too right-wing to suit Disney these days and, instead of asking him to reprise his lovable bumbling spaceman character in Lightyear, trying to throw a sop of a mediocre, forgettable Santa Clauseholiday project his way was the big mistake. So if this movie did make bank, would we be seeing Elemental: the Series on Disney Plus in 2026?

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: 2023-06-19 12:21:11 »

The water guy's design looks very similar to Osmosis Jones.

It's been done before and seen before.  This movie is doing nothing new and Disney is really watering down Pixar OR the layoffs at Pixar have routed the talented storytellers.  Sure they still have ground breaking animation, but it honestly isn't anything that special to what every other studio is doing now days.
Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #107 on: 2023-06-19 23:56:07 »

Now the question will be, how far behind will it be?

Pixar revealed their next film... Elio?  I think?  It looks to fall under the same issue.  It isn't fresh.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: 2023-06-21 00:09:16 »

Elio.

Tüsszent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #109 on: 2023-06-22 01:02:50 »

*Shrugs*
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #110 on: 2023-06-24 20:59:52 »

Elemental has grossed over $69 million worldwide against a $200 million production budget, being described as a "disappointment" by many as well as a box-office bomb and being the lowest-grossing Pixar movie on its opening weekend. It received praise from critics for its animation, though its screenplay was considered underwhelming.

Haha, how would @Blurr make a film called "The Elementals" now that this film has tainted the name.
« Last Edit: 2023-06-24 21:00:58 by RainySunshine » Logged
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #111 on: 2023-06-24 21:06:06 »

@RainySunshine Nah I wouldn't rename it. I'd just keep the name so people would remember it as "The good one."

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #112 on: 2023-06-24 21:20:14 »

Avatar or Avatar the Last Airbender?  One people remember is the blue people and one they remember M. Night Shamaylan destroyed.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #113 on: 2023-08-05 20:37:40 »

So going back this weekend I've watched two Pixar films I hadn't seen yet. the first was Lightyear and the second was Soul.

Lightyear was alright. I can definitely understand why it wouldn't be other's cup of tea and it wasn't really mine either. It was just just a movie within another movie about a toy in the other movie. Not really much else to say about it, but I will say this. A lot of times voice actors won't come back to voice lines for their character's action figures should they get some. So having someone other than Tim Allen voice Buzz in a very small way to does make sense.

Moving onto Soul. Good visuals, good message, but a lot of the writing had me dozing in and out of it. It just wasn't engaging in most areas. And the sparse places where it did have me paying attention passed way too quickly. Plus I wasn't really feeling some of the actor's performances throughout them.

What did you guys think? Do you agree? Do you have different thoughts?

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #114 on: 2023-08-05 20:41:49 »

I did watch Lightyear with a younger family member who didn't really like the movie and I thought it was kind of a bore-fest. It just seemed like it really didn't need to be made.  I am not sure why it exists and if a younger person who this movie was maybe catered to didn't care for it, Pixar has lost the mark here. Visuals were great though, but some characters didn't even seem liked they visually matched. CGI characters are all becoming generic.

Never saw Soul.

I do want to see Luca.  It looks cute and fun. I did like Turning Red.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: 2023-08-06 00:06:47 »

I didn't see them. Last Pixar film I saw was Turning Red.
Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #116 on: 2023-11-09 12:31:37 »

Inside Out 2

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #117 on: 2023-11-09 12:42:04 »

^ This looks like it can be fun. ;D  But similar to the Turning Red film in terms of it dealing with puberty.

Spiffmin

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #118 on: 2023-11-09 12:54:24 »

Looks fun to me. :)  Maybe they will finally have another hit?
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: 2024-03-16 21:00:23 »

And the Inside Out 2 trailer has dropped in full.

« Last Edit: 2024-03-16 21:00:29 by RainySunshine » Logged
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024