PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 178 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: US News & Politics  (Read 542988 times)
playstation man

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1680 on: 2017-12-31 01:05:18 »

Tax plan adds to it yes, but we've already cut elsewhere (Gov spending, Gov jobs, Paris Accord, Global trade plan, TPP).  It balances itself out.  Depending on your news source, some places only want to report the bad to delegitimize anything good coming from this presidency.

From what I've read already, short term tax cuts, but after they expire in 2025, the tax rate will rise incredibly quickly. Apparently it's also a big win for families who send their kids to private school.

Yeah, no.  You're just picking the bad.  Yes, the taxes go up, but there is the option to extend it too.  But by that time, the amount of money people will be making, it will be alright.  You have to figure we haven't seen increases in wages since the 1970s.  These tax cuts are finally allowing people to save more, prepare for the future.  It also allows people the option to spend more in the economy.  Companies have more to spend and hire more employees.  Hundreds of companies have already given out extra big Christmas bonuses because of the tax cuts.  Its a benefit to everyone.

Every single category of the 7 brackets see's a tax cut.  The one that see's the least tax cut benefit are the top brackets, the wealthiest, but it also effects them the least.

Be happy for the biggest overhaul in our tax code since the 80s.  This is great for the economy and great for all families.

From what I've read so far this bill is both pretty good, and shitty at the same time. It allows for massive tax breaks for corporations and the rich, but also helping the middle class. However, it seems like a shot in the dark. It seems like the republicans just hope that companies will hire more workers, or that companies will hike wages. That's a big if though. The tax plan seems to really favor the wealthy, and corporations, while sort of helping the poor. It does hurt the housing market however.

Overall, I don't really know how to feel so far. It's a good plan in some respects, yet it throws more money at the US mountain of debt and hopes that it goes away. I'll definitely need more research on it, but then and again, I'm not a mathematician. I don't really know how all this works, so I might totally be wrong. I don't really want to debate the tax bill either, but you never know the long term effects of stuff like this.

Anyway... happy New Years!
« Last Edit: 2017-12-31 01:07:28 by playstation man » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #1681 on: 2017-12-31 12:35:54 »

I included source links for everything to help you out. @playstation man  @Wolfwood

It seems like the republicans just hope that companies will hire more workers, or that companies will hike wages. That's a big if though.

Good thing that the companies are already hiring more workers and giving huge bonuses and wage increases to employees...

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3
Source 4
Source 5
Source 6
Source 7
Source 8
Source 9
Source 10
Source 11
Source 12
Source 13

The list goes on, but there have been hundreds of companies so far that have publicly said they are raising their wages for employee's, hiring new people, or giving bonuses.  They are all directly tied to the tax plan.

The tax plan seems to really favor the wealthy, and corporations, while sort of helping the poor. It does hurt the housing market however.

Well your wrong in saying that is "sort of helps the middle class."  It totally helps the middle class.  It will resoundingly help the middle class.  This graph breaks it down nicely.

1. It lowers the tax rate.
2. Gives a Larger Standard Deduction
3. Bigger Child Tax Credit (Helps families)
4. Eliminates Obamacare Mandate Fines (which were over $450 to $2,000 dollars in most states)
5. Gets rid of the AMT (The AMT is a parallel tax system that forces people to calculate their taxes twice, and then pay whichever version comes out higher)

Opponents of this bill have made a number of claims, either misunderstanding the policies in the bill or deliberately misrepresenting their effects. It lowers tax rates, doubles the child tax credit to $2,000, and doubles the standard deduction to $24,000 per family. This means a larger "zero income tax bracket," which will take about 3 million more lower-income Americans off the tax rolls altogether.  Yeah, those lucky folk!

For example, a single parent with two children earning $52,000 a year will see a 36 percent reduction in their taxes. A family with two kids earning $85,000 a year will see a 20 percent reduction in their taxes. And a family with two kids earning $165,000 a year will see an eight percent reduction in their taxes. This is because the biggest proportion of tax benefit goes to middle-class families at the lower end of the economic ladder.

As well what helps the higher earning income brackets will help the lower income brackets too.  The higher earners are the ones providing jobs and building businesses.  If they have more money to invest, it will help the lower earners as well.  Evidence was posted in my first paragraph above.

...yet it throws more money at the US mountain of debt and hopes that it goes away.

The amended House Republican tax plan will increase budget deficit by $1.7 trillion over 10 years. 

Under President Obama, the United States accumulated more debt under his presidency then all the president's combined in American history.  He added $17,687,136,723,410.59 in debt which was a 70% increase over Pres. Bush.  So for all of a sudden certain political parties to NOW care about the "tiny" $1.7 trillion in comparison makes me laugh.  I agree, we need to get rid of debt, but there have been several measures already taken into effect to chip away at this.  Not to mention the huge drop in wasted government spending and jobs. We'll know more when the end of the year financial are revealed.

In all, there is a lot of good in this bad boy.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1682 on: 2018-01-01 12:55:08 »

Oh wow.  Thanks. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1683 on: 2018-01-03 18:15:35 »

President Trump Will Announce the "Fake News Media Awards" on Monday.  News Outlets Wait In Silence.

California makes it illegal to bring ammo into state, forces anyone buying ammo to have background checks and a permit.

California's 2018 Ammo Restrictions Act as Backdoor Gun Ban.

California Gun Buyers Stocked up on Ammo Before Regulation Change.

Manafort Sues Mueller, Justice Department Over Russia Investigation.

Mitt Romeny May Run For Senate In Utah.

President vs. Bannon.

Senate Meets With President on DACA on Thursday.

Fusion GPS and Democrats Nervous, Start To Attack Investigations.

Sen. Grassley pushes Fusion GPS founders to testify in public.

Hillary's Aide, Huma Abedin, Wrecklessly and Illegally Shared Classified Emails.

President signs order disbanding voter fraud commission.

Fire At Bill and Hillary Clinton's Home In New York.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #1684 on: 2018-01-04 16:04:33 »

Trump Economic Victory!

DOW record 25,000!

Lowest Layoffs since the 90s.

Over 250,000 new Jobs, Tax Cut Being Praised.

Experts Predict Years of Economic Growth Ahead

Sessions terminates US policy that let legal pot flourish.

Department of Justice Looking Into Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Again.

Bannon May Lose Job At Breitbart.

Despite Attacking President, Bannon reiterates support for President.

Trump legal team blasts Michael Wolff book in cease-and-desist letter.

Publisher Rejects Cease and Desist, Ups Date To Tomorrow Release.

Wolff's Book Deemed Factually Incorrect by many outlets.

Trump Organization gave documents to Mueller investigation.

ppl16

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1685 on: 2018-01-04 16:27:11 »

I'm astonished at the lack of leftists here. Also pleased.

Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1686 on: 2018-01-04 16:34:51 »

How I view this site is often centrist, though it is surprising to see a site that isn't just oozing liberalism.  Especially a site of younger people. 

I respect the people who post the daily news updates for providing many different sources to read, and trying to show reports that the mainstream media ignores.

That is the most political statement I have ever made on this site.  I will disappear again. 
ppl16

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1687 on: 2018-01-04 17:58:56 »

How I view this site is often centrist, though it is surprising to see a site that isn't just oozing liberalism.  Especially a site of younger people. 

I respect the people who post the daily news updates for providing many different sources to read, and trying to show reports that the mainstream media ignores.

That is the most political statement I have ever made on this site.  I will disappear again.
Nooo come back! You make a ton of sense. I agree completely. I'm ecstatic at how well-informed so many people here are.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-04 18:46:17 by 1234 » Logged

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #1688 on: 2018-01-04 18:47:01 »

(Edited ppl16's post because her comment was presumably accidentally typed inside the quoted post from Kiwi. :nervoussmile:)
« Last Edit: 2018-01-04 18:47:34 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1689 on: 2018-01-04 20:32:39 »

It's true that I come here to read the news.  Sure I get news outside often first, but when I do log in to PSF, I do check this and the World News to see whats ALSO in the news the media doesn't always want to show.  I'd say it's very fair here here, at least compared to how bias other outlets are.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #1690 on: 2018-01-05 13:50:07 »

Alaska Airlines giving workers $1,000 bonus, citing Trump tax cuts.

Over One Million Workers So Far Have Received Bonuses Due To Tax Cuts.

Wells Fargo Cites Trump Tax Cuts In Reasoning Behind Their Decision To Raise Minimum Wage To $15.

Stocks Soar To Record Highs AGAIN!

Black Unemployment At Record Low, 4.1%.

US Senators request criminal investigation of Trump dossier author.

Liberal Media Now Loves Bannon?  Hated Him Very Recently....

Mueller Digging Deep For 'Obstruction' In Russia Investigation.

Author of New Anti Trump Book Says He Can't Be Sure If Everything He Wrote Was True...

Top Pence aides quietly depart in new year.

Trump Approval at 44%.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1691 on: 2018-01-07 14:52:53 »

Trump Administration Finding New Ways To Take Apart Obamacare In 2018.

Steve Bannon Apologizes.

CNN's Tapper cuts off White House senior adviser Stephen Miller after heated interview.

Trump moves back 'Fake News Awards,' to January 17th.

President Pleased At North Korea / South Korea Talks.  Open To Talks Himself.

Haley to Iran: ‘The United States Stands Unapologetically With Those in Iran Who Seek Freedom for Themselves’.

Steele boasted to friends of his ‘professional’ work on Russia-Trump dossier.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #1692 on: 2018-01-08 18:09:18 »

Liberal Media Outlets Promote Oprah Winfrey To Run For President

Oprah Praise.

NBC Calls Oprah The Future President.

Oprah 2020, Democrats Unite Behind Her.

Democrat Pelosi isn't sure Oprah's celebrity is the best thing for 2020.

Crowd Roars for President Trump at Georgia-Alabama College Football game.

Pres. Trump signs act designating MLK site as National Historical Park.

FBI agents' text messages spur congressional probe into possible news leaks.

House Foreign Affairs Committee Chair Ed Royce won't seek re-election.

Google Sued For Descriminating Against Conservative White Men.

Obamas criticized for lavish Chicago library .

The View's, Joy Behar, suggests U.S. on verge of stoning gay people.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1693 on: 2018-01-08 23:14:20 »

Oprah?  She would probably be a very tough person to run against.  The media would hide any dirt she has and promote her for sure.  Plus everyone remembers her for her show in the 90s and her giving away free cars. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #1694 on: 2018-01-09 21:41:00 »

Though those pics of her hugging Harvey Weinstein might be tough to explain away. Then again, the Clintons were pretty chummy with him too.  It's amazing how easy it is to sweep things that happened a mere two decades under the rug.  I think a lot of us who were around then enjoyed our share of little romps in what was a much more permissive sexual climate in 1996, '97 . Are our memories really that short? Have social mores changed that much in twenty years? What was the real game-changer? 9-11?  The election and rise of Obama? Or just our perspectives naturally shifting from getting older, settling down, some of us having kids that we don't want doing the kinds of things we did in school at that age?
« Last Edit: 2018-01-09 21:41:38 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Pages: < 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 178 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024