PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Workouts? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Workouts?  (Read 1752 times)
ppl16

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2018-01-05 12:12:23 »

Hi y'all. I recently joined a gym to get fit before the spring. I'm already a healthy weight (5'4, 115lbs) so I don't want to lose weight, I want to gain strength.

Areas I want to focus on ranked:

1. Arms
2. Legs
3. Core
4. Glutes
5. Shoulders
6. Chest

Anyone have any suggestions? What kinds of workouts do you do? How often should I go to the gym? What are some high-protein products you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2018-01-05 12:17:54 »

I suck at working out. At most I just go for hour+ long walks. Although even then, that doesn't usually happen.

Although, at one point a semester or two ago, I worked out at my campuses' gym every Friday when I was done with class. I usually did a good hour or so of working out my core and using a treadmill for my legs and stuff. I forgot what machine I used for my core, but I did 5 reps of that.

And for the treadmill, I kinda just did whatever. Just kinda kept amplifying the speed of it till I was at a run.

For stuff at home, I usually just do some pushups every now and then. Ranges from about 15-50 depending how I feel.
Sometimes I'll lift a weight and stretch.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-05 12:18:54 by System423 » Logged

SNEE
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-01-05 13:32:13 »

I don't have any fancy workouts I do other then lifting some weights, pushups, and walking (I walk about 5 miles 4 days a week) ... and I am a health weight.  Focus on balanced meals and healthy meals.  I've tried to schedule my meals at the same time each day.  Low in bad fats.  Find foods that keep you full longer. 

Muscle is heavier then fat, so when you work out, be prepared to see you weight increase as you build muscle in various areas.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-05 13:32:59 by Silverwing » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-01-05 15:08:13 »

Wonderful!  What I do is lift lil' weights for my arms.  Lunges are good for your legs and glutes, but I also do squats, those are the best!  They really give you a good work out and tone you up.  I also do crunches and sit ups.  I jog, or try to, a few times a week.

I don't have a gym membership, so I just have some stuff at my place.  If you know something good for chest let me know.
ppl16

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-01-05 17:25:51 »

Thanks for the tips, guys! Hopefully I can get some muscle on me.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-01-05 18:01:15 »

Always start with less. Don't try to go right into something major. 

"Less is better when starting out."  - Personal trainer.

Less is better in the long run too.  Trust me.  Never overstrain.

One of the best things you can do is push ups.  REAL PUSH UPS.  It works many different muscles. 
« Last Edit: 2018-01-05 18:01:47 by RainySunshine » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2018-01-05 19:34:45 »

No problem.  Hope it helps.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2018-01-05 21:02:18 »

I had a whole workout routine routine in college, usu. an hour, hour and a half a night, three times a week. First, crunches. I had one of those mats and handles you place on the floor, grab the handles, and work the abs and obliques. About a hundred, all told.   Then, the heavy stuff.  We had a weight room in the men's dorm.  I walk down two flights of stairs to the " 'Roid Boys Playhouse" on the fifth floor. First, a warm-up on the stationary bike... also my cool-down.  Then, curls for my arms--fifty pounds together, then a separate 25 lbs for each arm, about ten reps each.  Then, I head to the stacks (or cable machine) for another twenty reps, maybe 120-150 lbs.  Then, I go to to work on the leg press. I was taking a jogging class at the time, really into it, and wanted to build up my ankles and calves.  The key is endurance rather than muscle-building, if you're looking to go distance as a runner or swimmer, so you'll want to really concentrate on your breathing... increase your lung power.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Workouts? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024