PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 88 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion  (Read 285369 times)
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #390 on: 2016-09-22 17:57:41 »

So once this series is done, probably at the end of this season... do you think they will make a new EQUESTRIAN GIRLS cartoon series?

I don't think so. Why?
« Last Edit: 2016-09-22 17:58:10 by 1234 » Logged

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #391 on: 2016-09-22 18:49:35 »

I don't think so either.  I think they will make more television movies. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #392 on: 2016-09-22 19:14:30 »

I hope not. They're all kind of bad.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #393 on: 2016-09-22 21:17:21 »

That seems like a plausible step for Hasbro to do to keep making cheap money.  They already have these characters established. 

I won't watch it but...
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #394 on: 2016-09-22 21:19:26 »

Besides, hasn't that show idea been thrown around since the movie came out. If they haven't done it yet they won't do it.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #395 on: 2016-09-22 21:22:35 »

I'm not too sure.  I think once they quit pones, they will want to keep that revenue coming in, and what better then some more Equestria Girls....

I hope not though.  I don't want MLP to end after this season.  They could do so much... but they are not.  They've built so much cool stuff and they are squandering a lot of great stories. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #396 on: 2016-09-22 21:34:43 »

Eh not really. Who watches Equestria Girls and actually enjoys it but a few handful of Bronies. The content isn't like relatable enough for young girls, and the age the girls are in those is the age girls in real life try to step away from shows like that because it's "for kids". They'll try, but it'll probably crash, or at least not do nearly as well as MLP.

Eh, MLP has potential but they're wasting it. Put it to sleep. I hate seeing it constantly just turn to making fun of American culture in favor of say building the world around them and giving us more about the history and lore. But then again, it's a kids show. It's not really meant to do that stuff. It's just supposed to entertain.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #397 on: 2016-09-22 21:48:20 »

How cool would it have been if they could have made a more "Adult" version of the show.  It would lose some of the innocence that made it great, but then they could develop it to their hearts content. 
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #398 on: 2016-09-23 08:58:12 »

I hate seeing it constantly just turn to making fun of American culture in favor of say building the world around them and giving us more about the history and lore.

Good grief, yes, this!

Drawing on American cultural tropes for episode plots was inevitable and not a problem, and even the US city name puns for remote locations was cute at first.  Then they produced a map of Equestria that was basically a map of North America, which was an awful display of imaginative bankruptcy, but tolerable in isolation.  But it hasn't stopped.  Increasingly the show is less and less fantastic and more and more mundane (in the literal senses of both words).

I was especially appalled at the handling of the dragon and griffin lands.  They felt absurdly sparse.  Have you ever played a video game (Bethesda games come to mind) where some settlement or city is built up over the first few hours as huge and major and super impressive, but then you finally reach New Vegas and it's, like, a handful of buildings and a few dozen inhabitants and you're like "this isn't a friggen city, this backwater settlement is barely a hamlet!"  Such was my view of Griffonstone.  And apparently when the Dragon Lord summons all dragons to attend a conclave, only a few dozen bother showing up for that, too.

This isn't a question of copy-and-pasting more background silhouettes, but of taking a stylistic and narrative approach that implies scale and depth, even if it's not relevant to the immediate plot.

I watched RDP: The Star in Yellow a few months ago, and was surprised at how it manage to briefly rekindle a sense of fantasy and lore and gravitas.  The sense that we were peeking in to a deep fantasy world.  I've not really felt that frequently in the show since the early seasons, and feel it very rarely now, if ever.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #399 on: 2016-09-23 10:26:25 »

I was especially appalled at the handling of the dragon and griffin lands.  They felt absurdly sparse.  Have you ever played a video game (Bethesda games come to mind) where some settlement or city is built up over the first few hours as huge and major and super impressive, but then you finally reach New Vegas and it's, like, a handful of buildings and a few dozen inhabitants and you're like "this isn't a friggen city, this backwater settlement is barely a hamlet!"  Such was my view of Griffonstone.  And apparently when the Dragon Lord summons all dragons to attend a conclave, only a few dozen bother showing up for that, too.

Amen.  I want to know more about their cultures, settlements.  All I saw in the Dragonlands was nothing but rock and lava.  Do they all just... live outside and are dirt poor?  Yakyakistan seemed to have some design traits in their buildings, but also, dirty poor.  Griffonstone, dirt poor.  Is no one else advanced in anyway?  Do they all just live in these slums?

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #400 on: 2016-10-04 20:49:34 »

There won't be any hiding it.  Spoilers will happen.  The rest of season 6 of MLP:FiM will release in the UK the next handful of days, and the US releases will still be drawn out over the month.  I am going to post topics for the remaining episodes, since it is all gonna happen this week in the UK and many of us will see them anyways, probably killing US tv ratings.

Still no official word of a season 7.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #401 on: 2016-10-04 20:53:21 »

Looking at all the final episodes of season 6, the titles, and the synopsis.... I think this is the end of Friendship Is Magic.  Everyone has accomplished their goals.

But... will Starlight take the reigns of the next series/season?  Maybe MLP:some other name???
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #402 on: 2016-10-04 21:02:40 »

Looking at all the final episodes of season 6, the titles, and the synopsis.... I think this is the end of Friendship Is Magic.  Everyone has accomplished their goals.

I hate to be the barer of bad news but;

"Apologies for the delay on this! Don’t have an answer on the UK scheduling…however Hasbro can confirm that My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is not switching to Netflix for Season 7. " - Hasbro PR

"Ever since Legend of Everfree was planned as a Netflix debut, rumors have been floating around from just about every corner of the ponynet that season 7 would be following suit. With Discovery Family ratings dipping as more people switch to online, and the tremendous success of Friendship is Magic on the web, it wasn't too far fetched.

Today, we put those rumors, and in some cases fears, to rest. After a direct query to Hasbro PR, we can officially confirm that Netflix will not be premiering Season 7. While we don't know if Discovery Family will still be the destination for it, this at least lets us know that we won't have to wait an extended period for a massive clump of episodes at once.

This is also technically our official season 7 confirmation in general, though I don't think many doubted that it was on the way. If you did, you can stop worrying. We are getting more pony. As for what the theme will be and if or how it will tie into the movie, we will find out soon." More

« Last Edit: 2016-10-04 21:02:54 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #403 on: 2016-10-04 22:22:04 »

Bad news? I'll say. Season 7? I'm afraid that Hasbro is really starting to milk the show too much now :/ this season has been kind of very meh. Like, S1 level meh. With the occasional gem here and there. Especially with all the Mane6 achieving their goals, what else is there to go on about? Sure Starlight could do things, but... She hasn't been utilized hardly enough in this season. Which is a shame because she easily could have and it would have been a good transition for the show. But instead they continue to milk the Mane6 for subpar stories and sometimes completely breaking their characters just to make conflict, and just ripping on American culture. I feel it would have been fine to just put the show down right after this season. But nope. I guess Hasbro isn't done milking this cow yet.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #404 on: 2016-10-04 22:24:09 »

I'm not gonna pre-judge.  We will see what they have in store for season 7.  I think it's going to be a major change, as in almost like a new show... new main characters.  That is my guess.
Pages: < 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 88 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024