PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News 0 Members and 16 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 98 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: World News  (Read 298712 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #630 on: 2017-03-30 23:10:09 »

Eventually, minus something happening, Bezos will be numbers one and Gates will be number 2.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #631 on: 2017-04-04 15:13:24 »

Spanish Navy ship enters UK Waters illegally, tensions run high between UK and Spain over Gibraltar.

Military nightmare brewing in South China Sea.

Islamic terrorist blows himself up in St. Peterburg subway.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #632 on: 2017-04-07 14:04:36 »

US Strikes Syrian chemical plant.

Russia bears responsibility for Assad's gas attack attacks.

Russian warship moves toward US Destroyers...

Kim Jong Un says he is on the brink of war...

4 dead in terrorist attack in Sweden.

Grasshoppers and oysters are on the menu at Seattle's Safeco Field this season during the baseball season.

Google to label "true" and "fake" news?.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-07 14:05:02 by RainySunshine » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #633 on: 2017-04-07 21:20:12 »

Things are going down.  America can be taken seriously again with their move on Syria showing strength and legitimacy.  It puts Russia in more of a rock and a hard place. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #634 on: 2017-04-07 23:04:45 »

A bit worrying. I'm worried about all this. I'm not sure how I feel about us bombing them.

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #635 on: 2017-04-07 23:05:27 »

Yeah, same here. :-\ I'm worried about what repercussions it might have.

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #636 on: 2017-04-07 23:07:17 »

It was mainly a sign of strength.  Under Obama, people would walk all over the US because they knew HE was weak and would never actually do anything.  This shows Trump will do something if you cross the line and use chemicals to kill innocent people mixed in with terrorists....

It is a risky move yes, but it is unlikely anyone will make a move.  It showed the world the US isn't messing around, and it certainly surprised Russia and China.... even making China want to have more "productive" talks with Trump.  Might finally get China to solve the North Korean issue and possibly get Russia to stop funding terrorism.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-07 23:07:36 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #637 on: 2017-04-07 23:10:36 »

It's incredibly risky! Gosh. I know it's a sign of strength and shit, but we're not the worlds police. We shouldn't be sticking our dick where it doesn't belong. I don't like where this might lead. I don't want another war being started over this. What happened was horrible, yes, but this is just. I don't know.

And well, to be fair, Obama did take down Osama, but *shrug* he didn't completely do nothing. Gotta be a bit fair. But yeah. I don't know. Just felt a bit too hasty.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #638 on: 2017-04-07 23:12:57 »

As long as Assad isn't removed from power, everything will be okay in Syria.  Sadly continued fighting... but at least a worse terrorist wouldn't take control like ISIS, who really wants Syria to create their Islamic State.  It would allow them to have access to the Mediterranean.

Russia is in no position to make a strike back.  They might use harsh words, but Russia can not legitimately do anything.  Russia will continue to support the Syrian government to fight bad Islamic extremists.

China will take note of this, and quickly realize the Asian country alliances forming around them and the China Sea.  With them and the might of the US Navy, and the new found strength and legitimacy, China won't make such strong moves and threats, like they did under the weak Pres. Obama.  China might also be forced to finally deal with North Korea and fully cut off imports from them, therefore ending North Korea's only major income.  China does not want a Japanese or South Korean led attack on North Korea, because that also means a US presence.  That also means allied forces right on their doorstep, and they don't want that.  They would rather have them be kept away, so China would rather deal with North Korea.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #639 on: 2017-04-07 23:16:27 »

Obama didn't do diddly.  Osama tracking was all originally started by the Bush Administration, and the military simply continued tracking.  When they found him, Obama simply had to say yes.  It wasn't like it was his baby.  That was a previous administrations work there.

But I fully agree, I don't want a war, no one does... except maybe some Middle Eastern extremists cells.  Russia doesn't want war, China doesn't want war.  Every country, including the US, makes noises like this to show their strength and not to mess with one another.  This won't lead to war right now... unless it continues further in removing Assad... then it will be a war.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #640 on: 2017-04-07 23:16:53 »

Fear not.  Russia will not retaliate militarily for the US's poignant actions.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #641 on: 2017-04-07 23:18:23 »

Okay well, then, if we do take down Kim Jung Un under Trumps administration, I doubt he was the one who started it so.... If that happens, not all credit to him. I'm sure it would have been planned years before he came in. He would just be there to oversee it happen. But yeah. Anyway.

We shouldn't have to "make noise". This noise making kills people.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #642 on: 2017-04-07 23:22:00 »

Okay well, then, if we do take down Kim Jung Un under Trumps administration, I doubt he was the one who started it so.... If that happens, not all credit to him. I'm sure it would have been planned years before he came in. He would just be there to oversee it happen. But yeah. Anyway.

We shouldn't have to "make noise". This noise making kills people.

Oh yes, definitely. Many nation's have backup plans or plans on what to do when North Korea collapses...  Russia does, China does, Japan does, the US does, South Korea does.  Will it be a unified country?  Will China try to annex it?  Will Russia try to throw in a puppet leader?  What kind of gov will it adopt?  Lots can happen. 

The noise was made when Assad used chemical weapons to kill people.  It is in the UN Charter that countries cannot use chemical weapons.  If someone does it, it is up to the UN to respond.  Someone responded.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #643 on: 2017-04-07 23:25:39 »

But what's mystifying is how they got them. I know chemical weapons aren't allowed. But like... Weren't they all taken away and shit. And counted to make sure nothing was left? I recall some of my friends talking about this. And I was thinking well, can't they just make their own chemical weapons even if the UN had taken them away after banning them? They were going on the trail that either someone "miscounted, or lied" about the number of weapons or something. I'm not sure. The whole thing is just worrying.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #644 on: 2017-04-07 23:25:46 »

I probably wouldn't have responded either, BUT neither did Obama for 8 years.  First time Assad used chemical weapons, the Obama Administration worked with Russia and Syria and claimed to have removed "100% of the claimed chemical weapons" in the country.  Not the claimed...

Clearly Syria hid a bunch.

Obama made the infamous "red line" statement and said no one should pass it or there would be consequences... well as we can see now and saw then, Obama was stepped on and walked all over on by other nations both trade wise and politically.  America shed that imagery and is now back to showing strength and actually set a firm "Red line" this time.  If you cross it, there will be consequences. 

This recent chemical weapons depot blowout was done to reduce casualties that Assad would continue to have done with his airplanes and chemical weapons.  Only six Syrian airbase people were killed compared to the hundreds Assad killed last Tuesday with chemical weapons, and the tens of thousands more for the past seven years.
Pages: < 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 98 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024