PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Animated Marvels in Film 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Animated Marvels in Film  (Read 19406 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: 2016-08-19 16:00:36 »

Shrek was at the time, possibly the greatest CGI animated film in terms of detail and quality, ever.  They were the only company to match and maybe surpass Pixar in terms of the textures and everything they did.  Since then, they haven't kept up.  But the film had amazing set pieces, did crazy amounts of work for all the forest shots, all the leaves, and successfully did smoke, fire, and lava in several scenes.  The characters had tons of details and facial imperfections which blended them to look somewhat realistic, with a hint of cartoon-ness.  You also had a fully realized and scaled dragon. 

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2016-08-19 19:42:16 »

I think Shrek deserves a spot, it was pretty advanced for the time.  It was realistic humans well done in a CGI film.  The Shrek's after that deserve nothing.

Incredibles?  Isn't that deserving or credit or Ratatouille because of the beautiful Paris and rat fur? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #47 on: 2016-08-19 22:01:06 »

I think that's not fair to say, Shreck 2 was far superior. Shreck one was basically a high quality movie that just shit all over the Disney Formula. After that, then yes, they were pretty bad. But idk, I think in general, Shreck did nothing outstanding amazing with their animation.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: 2016-08-29 22:11:05 »

You can make your other topic idea, we agreed not to make it so you could. :)  We are good people. ;)  We discussed this in great depth, Grapefoot. ;) 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2016-08-29 22:15:22 »

Oh so I'm gonna add Watership Down here. Stellar animation, great rabbit anatomy and movement, the only thing unrealistic is the rabbits lack attributes. That's it. And yes, I do believe it was released in theaters. In the UK. It still counts right?

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #50 on: 2016-08-29 22:23:24 »

It counts, it was in theaters. ;)

What do you mean by attributes?  Like bunny organs? 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2016-08-29 22:26:43 »

The male rabbits didn't have balls. Literally the only thing unrealistic about the movie. Next to Big Wig not becoming the leader. In rabbit colonies I believe its biggest means leader.

They got down the rabbits brutality, how they fight. Rabbits aren't built to be cute. They're built to survive their environment. Those teeth and nails are strong and sharp and they can cause damage, even to people. I got scars to prove it XD But one thing that just wins me over is the dark elements. It's just so brutal. Like when those two rabbits get hit by a freaking train. Like wow. Just boom, one second they're their next second they're pancakes.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29 22:27:26 by LP » Logged

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: 2016-08-29 22:27:21 »

Why would they draw bunny balls in a "kids" film? 

Okay... even though it wasn't a kids film, I doubt they want to draw that.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29 22:27:48 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #53 on: 2016-08-29 22:28:50 »

Well, Japan wasn't above drawing Toonoki's with huge giant balls falling from the sky and using said giant testicles to win against the humans invading their forest. You know. For kids.

I'm not saying bunny balls should have been included, I'm just saying they drew the rabbits very realistically and literally the only thing not there is their organs.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: 2016-08-29 22:31:20 »

Well, Japan wasn't above drawing Toonoki's with huge giant balls falling from the sky and using said giant testicles to win against the humans invading their forest. You know. For kids.

Japan's different.  Their culture is diff.  They like nudity. ;) 

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2016-08-29 22:32:06 »

Point taken. :)

They also did that movie about two test lab animals, and that horrifying scene where a dog kills a kindly old man. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #56 on: 2016-08-29 22:35:08 »

They like nudity but they try to be covert about it. And fail really badly at it lol. Cuz they act all stuffy and restrained haha.

Wow, that's crazy. I'd like to see that.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2016-08-29 22:38:39 »

It was eerily called, "The Plague Dogs." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Plague_Dogs_(film)
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29 22:38:48 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #58 on: 2016-08-29 22:41:02 »

Oooooh this movie. I thought you meant another movie. Yes I've heard of this movie. Still have to watch it.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: 2016-08-29 23:19:08 »

I'm the same way with Felidae.  I've had it in my YouTube queue for months and still haven't watched it. From what I read it's a pretty messed-up film.

Yeah, I just don't think anyone wants to see dog and cat balls in a cartoon.   As I noted elsewhere, I'm already being taken to task by "fans" for drawing my dog's butthole.  Imagine seeing that up on the big screen twelve feet high, looking back at you.

Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Animated Marvels in Film « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024