PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: 20 Years 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 20 Years  (Read 376 times)
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« on: 2023-07-31 00:15:10 »

So 20 years ago is when I signed up to join Deviantart, which started my digital artistic journey.
Its been quite the journey and I'm still walking the path painting the world as I move along.

Wanted to show a couple pieces from 20 years ago and compare with a couple new ones.

First drawing I ever uploaded, ok the drawing was made in 2002 but was uploaded 2003 so it counts

This guy is very special cause he is still around, this is Sniper this is the first drawing of him

My first art piece done with a tablet!

And here are three new pieces

Here's Sniper 20 years later!

The most popular piece in my gallery so far with almost 10k views

And here's to many more years!
*Raises mug of mead*

Beep boop take care sweet beans!

Yes beep boop, I'm a protogen! *Feel free to ask about her*

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-07-31 00:24:00 »

Time sure flies! Neat to see your oldest stuff to modern day.  Computers have allowed us to easily save this stuff. Thanks for sharing. That first drawing you did with a tablet, third image down, is very cute!
« Last Edit: 2023-07-31 00:25:32 by Soda » Logged
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-07-31 10:27:01 »

2 full decades is something to be admired when it comes to sticking to art. Your progress shows in your work and I’m impressed thoroughly by it.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-07-31 12:25:06 »

A long time.  Just as long as most of the artists here.  Many have been doing it for a long time.  You never let go of your passions.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-08-01 00:22:07 »

Congrats. It's true.  Passionate people draw or write for their whole lives.  I started first drawing and sharing my art in 1996!  Wow. Time flies. Nice to see the progression here!
« Last Edit: 2023-08-01 00:22:23 by Silverwing » Logged
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-08-01 02:39:24 »

Also realized I've been a member of the sneeze fetish community for 19 years, signed up to the blue forum in 2004.

At first I just wrote stuff, then I was requested by Rusty to draw my boy Skyiler sneeze, I was very timid and nervous about posting it, but it was a request, must please the client.
So here's it is, it was made in 2010, lets compare with the latest one

He hasn't changes too much just kind of grew into his body lol

Been a fun ride!

Also that drabble thread I got going was started in 2016

This community is so warm and welcoming and very supportive, it has helped me through some very rough times

Thank y'all for existing!

~*~ Live each day as if it was your last, no one knows when it comes to an end, don't waste time in regretting, hating. Smile, laugh, treat people the way you want to be treated. Kindness is rare these days ~*~
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2023-08-02 23:50:42 »

That is so neat to see the comparison.  I think it;'s neat you don't view old stuff as "bad" either. So many artists are ashamed of their old work, but they shouldn't be.  It's something to celebrate how far they've come, new techniques they've learned. 

Very cool!
Umeko

Lunarian Empress

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2023-08-07 02:27:18 »

That is so neat to see the comparison.  I think it;'s neat you don't view old stuff as "bad" either. So many artists are ashamed of their old work, but they shouldn't be.  It's something to celebrate how far they've come, new techniques they've learned. 

Very cool!

Its a reason why I never delete any art from my gallery to look back and see the progress

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: 20 Years « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024