PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Centaurworld 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Centaurworld  (Read 2228 times)
LovesSneezingApparently
SCM Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2021-07-26 11:15:44 »

Normal horse, but Isekai’d into the welcoming hooves of what look like rejects from better cartoons!

This show is coming very soon, and Netflix has just released the first episode on YouTube. I thought I'd start a thread in case anyone wanted to take a look:

Post Ponies!
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2021-07-26 17:25:38 »

Oh my.  I might have to give this a watch. 

The girl at the very beginning sort of reminds me of Korra from the Legend of Korra... on how she looks.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2021-07-26 21:29:32 »

Looks interesting.  Thanks.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2021-08-30 21:14:12 »

@LovesSneezingApparently I am not sure if you are watching the series, but I heard a rumor that in episode 5 Horse sneezes. (F)  During the song at around the 15:00 minute mark is when it most likely happens. ;)

I tried to clip it, but my audio is horrible.  I don't have a clipping tool that extracts the audio directly from the source.  It instead takes it from my speakers for some reason and sounds HORRIBLE.  Above is proof of the sneeze and me trying to clip it. ;D
« Last Edit: 2021-08-30 22:28:45 by Rainberry » Logged

LovesSneezingApparently
SCM Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2021-08-31 06:59:45 »

^Oh my gosh! I actually stopped watching after episode 4! It was a whole episode about the giraffe guy farting... I just needed to escape! The first three were good, though; I will go back eventually.

Anyhow. Clip! Or slightly extended clip, if you want.

Thank you Rain!  ^-^
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2021-09-03 22:56:08 »

So I watched the series and I didn't even know there was a sneeze.  I must have fell asleep doing that section.

I think that tells you all you need to know about what I thought.  The series had some good things, but a lot of not good.  Animation was great, but the characters were so forgettable.  The only character I cared about was Horse and Llamalinks (is that right?)  Everyone else was just so one note, and had no depth.  The group was mostly just tropes and totally forgettable.  I swear that three of the males were just meant to be buff and strong. 

The episodes also had this issue where they seemed to be poorly paced.  They seemed to take place in ONE location an entire episode so they didn't have to make too many backgrounds. 

The story had a lot of loose ends.  The episodes so frustrating, because I wanted to like it, but it just kept having too many misses.  Same with the comedy, it was either a miss, or they took a joke too far and too long so it wasn't funny.  It's like, just let the joke die, don't keep forcing it.

The music was great overall.  The animation was great!  The story started getting deeper and having more purpose in the last four episodes... but by then they probably lost all their viewers.

But sadly those can't make up for the rest.  If I had to rate the series, it would sadly just be so-so.  A 5/10.   There is a reason why this show hasn't been picked up for a second season.  It's a shame, it could have been great, but the writers just didn't know how to do stuff connecting the songs.  I think they wish it was just an all-out theatrical musical.  Not a cartoon in-between. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2021-09-04 15:56:52 »

So I watched the series and I didn't even know there was a sneeze.  I must have fell asleep doing that section.

I think that tells you all you need to know about what I thought.  The series had some good things, but a lot of not good.  Animation was great, but the characters were so forgettable.  The only character I cared about was Horse and Llamalinks (is that right?)  Everyone else was just so one note, and had no depth.  The group was mostly just tropes and totally forgettable.  I swear that three of the males were just meant to be buff and strong. 

The episodes also had this issue where they seemed to be poorly paced.  They seemed to take place in ONE location an entire episode so they didn't have to make too many backgrounds. 

The story had a lot of loose ends.  The episodes so frustrating, because I wanted to like it, but it just kept having too many misses.  Same with the comedy, it was either a miss, or they took a joke too far and too long so it wasn't funny.  It's like, just let the joke die, don't keep forcing it.

The music was great overall.  The animation was great!  The story started getting deeper and having more purpose in the last four episodes... but by then they probably lost all their viewers.

But sadly those can't make up for the rest.  If I had to rate the series, it would sadly just be so-so.  A 5/10.   There is a reason why this show hasn't been picked up for a second season.  It's a shame, it could have been great, but the writers just didn't know how to do stuff connecting the songs.  I think they wish it was just an all-out theatrical musical.  Not a cartoon in-between.

I cannot disagree with any of that.  It was such a mixed feelings show.  It only got better at the end, but by then, I am not sure I trust the writing staff to make a good second season.  The music was awesome as was the animation.  But if you were to ask me what the names of the secondary characters were, I'd have ZERO idea.  The voices also were not that great.  The voice-work was good, but I don't think the voices they chose for the characters would be my first choice.  Except for Wammawink, her voice was perfect for her role.  She was my fav character too.

The world was almost too cartoony and magical for it's own good, especially at the beginning, but then when they came to the coast, it got more real.

It's almost like this was two different shows from the first half the season to the second.  Second half was better.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2021-09-29 13:35:14 »

One thing for sure was the music of this series was great.  Netflix uploaded a video of all the song recently.

Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2021-12-27 15:13:01 »

So I did finally see the full series.... and I am torn.  I like aspects of it... but then there is a lot I didn't like.  For example, the tone was all over the place.  I can't say any of her "friends" that followed her around were memorable and all the males were idiots for some reason.  It seemed like two of them were the same character even.  The only characters that I liked to some level were Horse and the pink llama thing. 

It's a shame.  I feel there was potential, but a lot of it was squandered.  Music was good overall... but the characters hold it back for me.  Story was fine, if a bit all over the place.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 2022-04-21 18:06:26 »

Netflix stock has been plummeting and viewership is dropping fast.  2.4 million so far this quarter and they expect another 2 million.

Why do I bring this up?  Netflix is going to slow down how much money it gives and end creative shows and animation and aim for more "Safe" ideas.  So.... Centaurworld has been cancelled quietly by Netflix even though production for the second season was under way. The show had been renewed for a new season just months ago.  They are also cancelling many other non-animated and popular shows.

Article

The quiet cancellations came amid a major shakeup in Netflix's animation studio. The Wrap reported on April 20 that Phil Rynda, Netflix's Director of Creative Leadership and Development for Original Animation, and several of his staff were "let go this week." Several creators told the outlet that the Kids & Family space at Netflix Animation "has changed" in recent years, noting that "series that benefited from great word-of-mouth and critical praise aren't being renewed and several high-profile projects have been unceremoniously canceled." Netflix has not commented on the reported cancellations.

Netflix continues to raise prices, often citing its growing slate of original content, and begins to tease plans to crack down on password sharing.  Other reasons for it's massive decline in viewers is the companies growing leftwing 'woke' agenda turning off many viewers and a swath of Russian viewers who had their accounts wiped due to Russia's attack on Ukraine.
« Last Edit: 2022-04-21 18:06:50 by Graymist » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2022-06-13 22:45:02 »

Was here ever a complete reason for its cancellation?

I finally watched the show and I can't say I truly enjoyed it.  I liked aspects of it, but a lot fell flat.  It's in a weird void to me.  So I won't exactly miss it.
« Last Edit: 2022-06-13 22:48:55 by Soda » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Centaurworld « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024