PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Guilty Pleasure Store? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure Store?  (Read 571 times)
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2023-01-22 22:58:02 »

Do you have a guilty pleasure store that you just like to go too?  A place where you might not buy anything, but just happily wander and explore the things they have?

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-01-22 22:58:21 »

For me it's those hobby stores that have tons of models of cars, planes, tanks, ships, etc.  They often have model railroads and trains, tons of RC cars and helicopters, and just lots of interesting things.  Mostly stuff I won't ever buy, but I just enjoy seeing what they have! 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-01-23 10:58:26 »

Okay, back in the OLDEN DAYS, I used to love walking around Barnes and Noble, Borders Books, Waldenbooks, pretty much any book store.  Now most of them have gone out of business.  But I loved going to book stores and seeing what I could find.  The best now are local bookstores because they are a treasure trove for old things you don't see at newer establishments.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-01-27 16:48:05 »

This topic appears to have been a huge flop.  Thanks for partaking in it @Silverwing.

I miss old book stores.  They used to be in every mall or strip mall.  It was nice to wander in.  I always particularly liked the magazine section.  I would read all the car mags I didn't pay for. ;D
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-01-28 21:41:06 »

I like both of those you guys mentioned.  Hmmm.  I don't really have a guilty pleasure store, but I remember when I was a kid, no matter the store, I would always look for a section that had some toys.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-01-28 23:39:05 »

Hahaha.  I used to have to go to stores like antique stores with my Mom as a kid.  I would always try to find the sections that had things most resembling toys too.  I always liked seeing the old time car toys.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2023-02-05 16:56:48 »

Hahaha.  I used to have to go to stores like antique stores with my Mom as a kid.  I would always try to find the sections that had things most resembling toys too.  I always liked seeing the old time car toys.

I did the same thing.  I gravitated to the Hot Wheels and Matchbox type stuff.  I also enjoyed the displays of old war stuff like hats, uniforms, guns, patches, etc.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Guilty Pleasure Store? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024