PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Zootopia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zootopia  (Read 48087 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #105 on: 2016-03-20 20:14:19 »

Ahahahahaha XD
That's priceless

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #106 on: 2016-03-22 13:46:21 »

Lol. Go for it Nostradmus! Thats awesome!

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #107 on: 2016-03-23 23:02:57 »

I know Zootopia is not a furry film... but I just found this, LINK.

"Furries have been speculating that Disney’s latest animated movie, Zootopia, is tailor-made for them. And apparently they’re not wrong. BuzzFeed News has obtained an email that a marketing agency working with Disney sent to the furry Meetup group Furlife, encouraging furries to post photos of themselves in fursuits to Twitter and Instagram with the movie hashtag, even offering posters or movie swag to those who do."

Still it is not a furry film.  Just this marketing firm knew who to go too.  This film is no different then older Disney films that had animal characters like Robin Hood or something else.
yasl
Lead Tech

Email
« Reply #108 on: 2016-03-24 22:20:01 »

How can they say "furries are not wrong that the film was 'tailor-made' for them" and then support that strong statement with evidence of... a little peripheral social media marketing?  Something that would have taken the smallest fraction of the movie's total marketing budget, and the result of a decision taken by a third-party marketing agency at that.

Buzzfeed: source of sober news and home of the thoughtful.

EDIT:
Oh, and they don't get even 2 paragraphs in before breaking into OMG PERVERTS.  Even better the article is then structured as a series of "gross thing you might think", "haha not really", "but maybe... *eyebrow wiggle*" beats that paint a black picture while letting the author counter any criticism by saying he didn't actually /say/ that.

In the case of Zootopia, furries’ bad rap is undeserved. It might seem like furries are just so twisted that they’ve adopted an innocent children’s movie for their own sick gratification. But in reality, Disney purposely is being a knot-tease.

"Haha!  See!  I meant the opposite of the thing I just said!"

I mean, really, could you any more blatantly be saying something while technically saying the inverse?  And also while talking complete nonsense (in what bizarro universe could Disney possibly be construed as being a purposeful cock-tease here?)
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24 22:34:55 by yasl » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #109 on: 2016-03-25 08:42:55 »

How can they say "furries are not wrong that the film was 'tailor-made' for them" and then support that strong statement with evidence of... a little peripheral social media marketing?  Something that would have taken the smallest fraction of the movie's total marketing budget, and the result of a decision taken by a third-party marketing agency at that.

Buzzfeed: source of sober news and home of the thoughtful.

EDIT:
Oh, and they don't get even 2 paragraphs in before breaking into OMG PERVERTS.  Even better the article is then structured as a series of "gross thing you might think", "haha not really", "but maybe... *eyebrow wiggle*" beats that paint a black picture while letting the author counter any criticism by saying he didn't actually /say/ that.

In the case of Zootopia, furries’ bad rap is undeserved. It might seem like furries are just so twisted that they’ve adopted an innocent children’s movie for their own sick gratification. But in reality, Disney purposely is being a knot-tease.

"Haha!  See!  I meant the opposite of the thing I just said!"

I mean, really, could you any more blatantly be saying something while technically saying the inverse?  And also while talking complete nonsense (in what bizarro universe could Disney possibly be construed as being a purposeful cock-tease here?)

I like your commentary.

The fact that anyone uses Buzzfeed as a source is very goofy.  I had a Forbes article, but you had to subscribe to see it, so I didn't link it. 
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #110 on: 2016-03-30 17:33:15 »

I can already smell the shitton of Oscars this movie is gonna win next year

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #111 on: 2016-03-30 19:37:15 »

There was a video on YouTube that goes in depth in debunking this persons article. I can't find it anymore though :/

Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #112 on: 2016-03-30 21:46:44 »

I guess I am waiting till this comes out to rent.  I've had no time to see it.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #113 on: 2016-03-30 23:25:03 »

It might turn up at one of the free cartoon websites... I've noticed quite a few CGI movies turning up online: Bee Movie, The Croods, all the new Chipmunks films....

Here's a funny comic that references Zootopia.  Hm... while the look is striking, cleaning those ears would take awhile. Personally, I think pointy dog ears would look much cuter on a gal.... like a sexy pixie.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #114 on: 2016-03-31 15:07:14 »

Here's a funny comic that references Zootopia.  Hm... while the look is striking, cleaning those ears would take awhile. Personally, I think pointy dog ears would look much cuter on a gal.... like a sexy pixie.

Lol!  That was a good one.
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: 2016-04-02 15:19:48 »

I still need to see the movie. ^^

(I'm really not in any real rush to see it; like every good hype train it's gonna be around for a loooong while on internet searches lol)

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #116 on: 2016-04-07 16:48:29 »

Film Theorist released a great video about Zootopia today. Check it out:

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #117 on: 2016-04-07 17:46:10 »

I haven't seen it yet, but I can only imagine what he will rant on about and use science with.  lol! 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #118 on: 2016-04-07 17:52:23 »

It's actually more history and science together! It's pretty deep, really makes me want to watch the movie even more.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #119 on: 2016-04-07 18:05:15 »

I wanna see the movie badly.  Any spoilers? 
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Zootopia « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024