PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason?  (Read 25746 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #120 on: 2017-05-16 19:50:47 »

Old show fandoms are still out there, looks at Kim Possible... and.... well... thats it. :D 

The Darkwing Duck universe is alive and well with a fandom that's somewhat large. :D The comicbook revival was a hit with fans (save for one story, due to behind-the-scenes drama). Check out The Old Haunt and it's sister site Duckverse, lol

I had no idea!  I can't believe that fandom is still around.  I like to wonder what old show's fandoms would have been like had they had the robust internet we have today?
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #121 on: 2017-05-19 17:32:40 »

Well at least there is another statement I said that most people agreed on.
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #122 on: 2017-05-19 17:42:44 »

Old show fandoms are still out there, looks at Kim Possible... and.... well... thats it. :D 

The Darkwing Duck universe is alive and well with a fandom that's somewhat large. :D The comicbook revival was a hit with fans (save for one story, due to behind-the-scenes drama). Check out The Old Haunt and it's sister site Duckverse, lol

I had no idea!  I can't believe that fandom is still around.  I like to wonder what old show's fandoms would have been like had they had the robust internet we have today?

Most of the Disney Afternoon cartoons have fairly large fanbases. ^^ There's the Rescue Rangers HQ as well. I saw a Gargoyles fanbase retrospective years ago on one of the DVD releases; it's kinda getting a little smaller, but still proactive.

But yeah, a somewhat sizeable portion of my dA watch/follow list over the years were huge DWD and DuckTales fans with duck OC's and the like.

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #123 on: 2017-05-29 22:20:57 »

Also I did made up a term for people who just only despise a popular thing just because it's popular called popularphioba.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #124 on: 2017-05-29 22:28:00 »

Popularphobia.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #125 on: 2017-05-29 22:28:33 »

Yes.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #126 on: 2017-05-29 22:29:15 »

I bet we could try to come up with something more clever then that.  It's good, but I challenge you and others to come up with something even better. :)

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #127 on: 2017-06-07 14:27:33 »

That just sounds weird. I'm sure there's probably already a word for it.

It also wouldn't make sense in context, as phobia is an unexplainable and illogical fear of something.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #128 on: 2017-06-09 19:14:42 »

I don't think it's so much a phobia as just being a dick.  It's like when folks talk about wearing an item of clothing "ironically"... it's a pair of pants, not an O. Henry novel. That's got to be a rich people thing.   I swear since Alanis Morissette came out with that song, even a plate of scrambled eggs can be called ironic.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #129 on: 2017-06-09 20:44:40 »

Negativus popularis.  That gets my vote for the word.
DEEcat98

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #130 on: 2017-06-18 20:21:28 »

Oh and people who despise kid stuff for no reason other than it's for kids will be called preschoolphobia.
Ari-Dynamic

WWW Email
« Reply #131 on: 2017-06-18 20:55:53 »

lol, are we just making up words now? :P

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #132 on: 2017-06-18 21:01:04 »

Seems like it. 
Ari-Dynamic

WWW Email
« Reply #133 on: 2017-07-15 12:28:08 »

I kinda had an experience with this today while defending a friend's artwork, though it was about Undertale as opposed to a cartoons, movies, whathaveyou. Some furry went off on a tangent complaining about the game and the artwork-- which was inoffensive and innocent.

There was really no reason for the dude to complain about a two-year old game. There was also not really any reason to complain about it's fan art for that matter; the fact of the matter is - if it's a brand new thing and it's HUGE, it's going to get fan art from all kinds of people. It doesn't matter if it's good or not, it doesn't matter if the art is good or not, people are going to feel proud to have contributed something to share based on something they like. You either have to accept this fact and get over it, or find another closed-minded bubble to speak about it.

What bothers me are users online on places like furaffinity and dA who get all trigger-happy feeling they need to complain, "Ungh, another (x) fan art?" Like, what, were they that dimwitted to not expect it? Were they that dimwitted to not know how a search function works that they will likely find some?

What I'm getting at, really, is that yeah... unfortunately such people exist. More often than not, their reason to dislike something is silly and naive, at best.

And no, it wasn't a troll. Just another one of those "I'm disgruntled because (x) series is all over the place!" people.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-15 12:29:05 by PatriPony~ » Logged

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #134 on: 2017-07-15 13:31:24 »

^ I know what you mean.  They just don't appreciate that someone took the time to do something, whether they like it or not.
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Who else has the feeling of stuff getting disliked for no good reason? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024