PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion  (Read 67827 times)
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #30 on: 2016-11-22 13:24:15 »

Ran into some statistics that may interest some of you. 

Harvey Beaks has been cancelled from Nicktoons, despite still getting over a million views per episode.  It just wasn't the right fit of a more thoughtful cartoon in their lineup it seems.

Sort of an average viewership for these Nick shows.

ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks: 1,469,000
Kuu Kuu Harajuku: 649,000 <--Never heard of this....
Pig Goat Banana Cricket: 98,000
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V: 188,000
Spongebob: 2,200,000
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 1,100,000
The Loud House: 1,729,000
PAW Patrol: 1,427,000

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2016-11-22 13:40:54 »

SpongeBob is still in the 2mil and still their best show. There is no God.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: 2016-11-22 14:51:41 »

I just can't get how Spongebob still tops charts.  Not the old 7 million it used to enjoy, but that is better then all the other networks shows you posted today. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #33 on: 2016-11-22 15:01:06 »

The network must be giving it good times.

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2016-11-22 16:53:31 »

What are most of those shows? 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: 2016-11-22 18:58:25 »

I just can't get how Spongebob still tops charts.  Not the old 7 million it used to enjoy, but that is better then all the other networks shows you posted today.
They have a top-notch voice cast:  Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke, Roger Bumpass,  and Clancy Brown, and Mr. Lawrence, the man who gave us Rocko, as Plankton.

Although the new one with them removing their brains and flying them around on toy robot drones was pretty weird and creepy. Oh, well, I can think of worse places to stick a helicopter blade....

(watches the ending of the cartoon) Oh my god they did stick one there. (vomits profusely, falls face-first unconscious into puddle of vomit, breaks wind)

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2016-11-22 21:13:25 »

(watches the ending of the cartoon) Oh my god they did stick one there. (vomits profusely, falls face-first unconscious into puddle of vomit, breaks wind)

What a class act.  Nostradamustheseer everyone!  *Studio audience claps.* 
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: 2016-12-11 00:39:43 »

Nickelodeon is the network of Spongebob, but that has to be fading soon.  Unfortunately, they play Spongebob so much, they don't allow other shows airtime to succeed.  I feel Harvey Beaks is a prime example of that.  It was creative to say the least.

But now we got Nickelodeon ready to premier more FLASH animated cartoons, I'm certain of it!  This next gen will be majority FLASH.  Wait and see.

Some news came out that, "The Loud House," has been renewed for a season 3, even before season 2 finished.  So it seems like they will get it past their 52 episode mark really fast and done, then cancel it so they can just show reruns.  Nick has been producing a lot of shows very fast lately, but most have been so bad, they don't get to 52 episodes to franchise them.

Think of all the short-lived Nick shows in the past decade no one remembers.  Harvey Beaks, Catscratch, The X's, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Back at the Barnyard, Tak and the Power of Juju, The Mighty B!, T.U.F.F. Puppy, Planet Sheen, Monsters vs. Aliens, and others.  Most were pretty forgettable and all short lived on Nick.  Run real fast, despite good or not, then dumped.  It is an alarming trend for what used to be the ultimate channel in cartoons. 

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2016-12-11 00:47:58 »

I hate when cartoons do that. Just give them an extra season without seeing if the show even deserves an extra season. That's what I can appreciate about MLP, they don't confirm new seasons until late into the one they're currently doing or even until that one is done with and they wait to see the reception. I just think it's stupid when cartoons do this.

I honestly feel bad for kids of this generation. They're just getting stupid, ugly, hideous flash crap.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: 2016-12-11 01:42:14 »

I expect FLASH to be the majority too.  Even what we know now, Nick has very few new animated shows, and what we do know, is they are all FLASH or CGI.

To give a show 3 seasons when the 2nd season hasn't even aired is jumping the gun.

Cartoon Network was doing the exact opposite of this a several years back, much to the anger of people, they only bought 6 or 3 episodes of shows, and kept buying shows it like that.  It meant a show could end at anytime. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2016-12-11 01:47:20 »

Mm, yeah. What Cartoon Network did wasn't good either, but this bullcrap that Nick is doing (that I'm sure CN is doing now too) is just stupid. It's like potentially setting yourself up for failure.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2016-12-11 01:53:12 »

Especially if a show fails to draw in the numbers it was early on, of the show starts to suck. You never buy a bunch of stuff expecting it all to succeed.  I am sure there is a stipulation though that if the show is failing, they will cut the contract. 

Cartoon Network is actually being chill lately, letting shows be decided by the creators how long they last (unless ratings are dismal).  CN is really trusting their creators at the moment.  But that will disappear if ratings drop overall on the network. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2016-12-24 01:44:07 »

Some stuff is starting to be revealed about the upcoming Hey Arnold movie on Nickelodeon.  Character's are starting to be revealed, and seem to retain their original designs with minor changes in clothing and some shape.  Some have appeared to have aged slightly.

Article

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2016-12-24 16:03:58 »

I like the new designs.  I really hope this will be a good addition to the series.  I have high hopes, but I don't want to overhype too much.

I wonder what they will do about the character voices?  And please don't make this FLASH animated.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2016-12-24 16:13:52 »

But why would they? I wouldn't look like it used to. Also. A flash movie. Please, don't sell them short APD, you get them haha

Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024