PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Amazing Digital Circus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Amazing Digital Circus  (Read 618 times)
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: 2024-05-05 15:44:24 »

Pacing is really not great, but my favorite parts were the slower, deeper parts.  That realization by Gummigoo was intense and relates to how Pomni felt when she first entered the digital circus world.  That was great and shows they can do some great stuff. I've watched Gimmigoo finding himself in the out of bounds area and his self-doubt many times, and it is done SO WELL by the actor and the animators. Amazing work on that.  Pomni's expressions continue to be great too. Really gained a lot of respect for Ragatha. Kinger improved some too.  Couldn't care less about Jax and the other lady no one remembers.
« Last Edit: 2024-05-05 15:44:55 by Graymist » Logged
Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: 2024-05-06 12:19:52 »

I would say this episode was better than the first one. I think pacing issues still exist for sure, but the hard hitting moments hit harder in this one.  Nice to see character growth for Pomni and Ragatha too.  Even Kinger showed some growth and remembered things far better then I thought he would.  He at least is trying to help.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2024-05-07 12:40:19 »

So the rabbit guy is named Jax?  Yeah, he is by far my least favorite character outside of that lady who didn't go on the adventure.
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: 2024-05-10 22:42:23 »

I am learning odd things about the online community as a whole that I didn't think I would learn. Popularity and marketing.

A LOT of people dream of and desire having their creations seen by other people. Artists, animators, writers, it is one thing to desire attention. It is another thing to actively work to get attention. This team of people that created this show went above just dreaming of attention. They took advantage of actively being where their audience is online without spamming their audience with annoying constant 'buy my stuff' posts. I've known some people that will repeatedly post the same kind of comments over and over and over again to try to get what they want, and it turns people off. There has to be a balance between trying to get attention and not going overboard with seeking attention. Most people never find that balance. Digital Circus seems to have REALLY found a successful balance XD

They communicate more than I've seen almost any other team of people that worked on an animated show. The voice actors are being in multiple streams of youtube content creators. The twitter pages are actively updating posts. The team didn't just make a merchandise page to get funding, they posted a video to get people's attention that also gave a visual tease of what is to come. That visual tease got people more excited to see what would happen next.

The result of their marketing and spreading information led to...honestly a jaw dropping insanity level of views.
It has been ONE WEEK. 7 days. The number of views for episode 2 on youtube alone is 60 MILLION views.

What other animation has that high of views? Helluva Boss pilot. From 4 years ago. 64 million views.
The official episode 1 of Helluva Boss from 3 years ago has 68 million views.

Hazbin Hotel has more views, somewhere around 110 million views from about 5 years ago now, but it is crazy to me how effective Digital Circus's marketing strategy has been.

Getting millions of views is something big time studios like Disney, Nickelodeon, or Cartoon Network or ESPN sports constantly tries to work for. The fact that a small team of people online are reaching this high of views will inspire other online creators to try to do similar active marketing strategies.

I don't care much for Digital Circus to be honest. I am curious to see where the series will go, and I do like the voice acting a lot, but I enjoy other online creations more.

Lackadaisy is something that personally appeals to me more than digital circus, but the marketing for the series I don't hear nearly as often as digital circus. I know that they are working on a future episode =) but I don't know much else besides that.
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2024-05-11 00:30:21 »

It seems like overwhelming people here don't care for this series much.  What is the rest of the online world watching that we don't aren't seeing? 
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2024-05-11 08:22:38 »

Personally I think the series is overhyped. And I think one of the biggest reasons it’s getting so much traction is because it was released at the perfect time. Think about it. When the pilot aired on YouTube, what was going on? AI art, ChatGPT, and other automated “artists” were starting to become more known. AND the strikes were happening over at the studios over the potential use of AI in their films. Then along comes a web series literally trapping the main character in an AI “wonderland”.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2024-05-11 10:52:48 »

Hmmm.  I also think this series is overly hyped and but maybe we are being too critical and just not having fun? I think the series is fine, okay, but I just don't get the absolute love for it.  I think this second episode did a better job showing us what the series could be like, but I STILL don't think it's amazing or anything.  Pacing is off.  I think the writing in the second episode is much better than the pilot.  It's more tightly put together.

Congrats to the team, they deserve views! I guess I am not going absolutely wild over this series like others and I am trying to be very open minded to figure out why.  I find more charm in something like Lackadaisy...
Bumble

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2024-05-12 21:19:00 »

We could be jaded?  Seen it before... that kind of thing.
Pages: < 1 [2] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: The Amazing Digital Circus « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024