PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "A Rockhoof and a Hard Place" 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "A Rockhoof and a Hard Place"  (Read 19357 times)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #90 on: 2018-09-15 22:51:03 »

So overall, it was a good episode.  I enjoyed it more then last week's but I feel a 9 may be too high a score.  But I'm giving it a 9 out of 10.  I really liked Rockhoof and who he was.  He seemed thoughtful if a bit reckless and rough, but thats not his fault.  He grew up in a different time.  I was happy to see him explore himself and the other Mane 6 actually be written well together trying to come up with ideas.  There weren't many funny bits, but I enjoyed Spike, Twi, and everyone.  It was a good episode that gets a 9!
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: 2018-09-15 23:29:20 »

A great episode. Well written and enjoyable. :))

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #92 on: 2018-09-16 00:09:51 »

I'm really glad that the did this episode. Ever since the season 7 finale, a lot of people noticed that Rockhoof wouod have had the hardest time compared to the others.

Starswirl is remembered as a legendary figure in Equestrian history.

Mist mane had a loving descendant who still took care of the garden.

Somnambula had a whole town named after her that worship her.

Flash Mangus had the now large royal guard.

Medowbrook's home was still standing and watched over by a descendant.

Hell, Stygian probably got laid at some point before being banished since he has a living descendant of his that remembered him.

Rockhoof however?… His home became an excavation site and was scoffed off as a non existant figure. Not even a descendant to be seen or mentioned.

So seeing this episode really made me happy. His character has been shown be very fun, energetic, and caring in the comics. And it is no exception here. You can tell that he's happy to be here, but since He's had so many fond memories of the past that it makes it hard for him to adjust. He can't go home since well… what I said above, a lot of the world he's explored has changed a lot, and he desperately wants to find some familiarity of his old life. You just felt bad for him and wished that he would find something. And as many others have pointed out, his pleasure to become stone were all too familiar to someone wanting to commit suicide, more specifically having it assired since they feel like it would be scary to do it themselves, or just be downright dishonorable. </3

As for the other character interactions, Twilight and AJ were good in today's episodes in supoorting him, but the real MVP has to go to Yona. It was nice on how they used her character to relate to him, seeing as she did face similar issues throughout this season. Hell, design wise they even look similar! Having her look up to him was one thing, but having her then actively help him just made her character great. It really does show how much she has been growing as a character by having her be more helpful to others and selfless.
✨proponypal✨

Eat some apples!

Email
« Reply #93 on: 2018-09-16 02:36:55 »

Episode gets an 8/10 for me. Pretty good! I like Rockhoof’s character.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #94 on: 2018-09-16 12:18:03 »

I was very happy with this episode.  I was surprised how dark it got thought with Rockhoof willing to end his life of not fitting in.  But I was happy the balance between the school students and the main students.  It was a fine balance with no particular group dominating too much time. 

Rockhoof seemed like a kind soul and very strong.  I liked him and was happy to see him and some of the other legendary Equestrian's return.  It was nice to see what they were doing now.

8/10.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #95 on: 2018-09-16 12:49:33 »

Good episode overall.  Rockhoof was well written and his wish to end it all was rather surprising.  I thought maybe he would just walk off away forever.  He seemed to be fine and at terms with his end.

Of note, Twilight saying no to him was funny. ;)

8/10.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #96 on: 2018-09-16 14:11:05 »

Don't forget to rate on a 1 to 10 scale the episodes!  I am making a graph to see what PSF's fav episodes are and if we liked season 6, 7, or 8 the best. :D  It's pretty fun.

I am giving this episode an 8.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #97 on: 2018-09-16 17:21:31 »

It was a good episode thoroughly.  I didn't feel a down time and I felt the pacing was on par. I liked being able to glimpse at some of these character's lives and seeing how they are doing sometime later in their new found world.  It was a nice episode. 8/10.

As per usual, have some fun screen caps.

"Hey ladies."

Flash Magnus is cool because he's cool.

"Eh."

Not many caps to share as there wasn't much noteworthy to share.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #98 on: 2018-09-16 18:39:35 »

It was a real good episode that had good pacing and I enjoyed the dilemma.  I can't think of episode quite like this one as it dealt with some heavy handed stuff. It talked a bit how the world is changing and possibly that the world is becoming wussified a bit. ;)  I liked the episode a lot and it is one of my favorites this season. 9.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Daisyy

Squeet

Email
« Reply #99 on: 2018-09-16 18:58:05 »

Some real serious stuff but it was executed very well with the whole statue thing! It's nice to see that not everything's good and perfect with the pillars after they suddenly came back from limbo after 9090909 years and the idea with not fitting in was well-written and reasonable. Going around to look at the other pillar's occupations was cool

I like Rockhoof's accent owo

I feel like the ending was a bit rushed (like most other episodes in this season), but still they did good with the time they had to deliver the story the episode had. 9/10

life is like a profound metaphor, except you put the word "like" and now it's a simile, and you failed the figurative language assignment
✨proponypal✨

Eat some apples!

Email
« Reply #100 on: 2018-09-16 23:49:20 »

I love that Twilight screencap, she’s cute :P
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: 2018-09-17 09:26:17 »

It was a good episode overall.  Not at all what I expected.  We got a lot of detail about the world in a short amount of time and I thoroughly enjoyed this.  Professor Spike was very funny and Twilight's, "meh" was funny too.  Very good episode. 8/10.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #102 on: 2018-09-18 12:53:30 »

I love that Twilight screencap, she’s cute :P

I like it too. :D
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "A Rockhoof and a Hard Place" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024