PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Worst animated films? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worst animated films?  (Read 20463 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2016-08-29 00:20:22 »

What are some of the laziest, disappointing, most boring, or just plain dislikable movies from our childhoods or animated movies of today?

Here are some of my own. Granted this is just opinion based and everyone will be different XD I think it'd be cool to see things that people dislike.

Anyway, here's a few.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWf2Cg00kD0 Mulan 2. By far this movie was one of my most disappointing videos I've seen in a long, long time. As a really big fan of the original, this sequel let me down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji-LqBskNyE watership down. This is NOT a bad movie, it's honestly quite good, but this movie was one of my nightmare fuel movies...along with Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Both are good movies to me personally now, but back then...man this movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO1FdVSMZHA very, very funny review of the movie that I think may be the ugliest animated humans ever. Foodfight. Is it the worst of all time? Not in my opinion, but it's definitely one of the worst films I have ever seen period, not just animated films but any film.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-08-29 00:42:59 »

Pretty much any movie in the store clearance bins. ;)  A lot of remakes and sequels to films would be there.  Just to try and make a quick buck. 

Watershed down was well animated, but it scared me so much as a kid.  Blood, gore, and innocent bunnies who are evil.  It was nightmare fuel.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-08-29 04:40:21 »

Whaaaaaat! Watership Down?

I thought this was a worst animated films topic. Watership Down is considered one of the greatest films ever made, with stellar animation, beautiful voice acting, a very mature tone for children, and not holding back any punches. Not to mention the style was pretty realistic with the rabbits and their movements and just how dangerous the world is for them. Even getting how aggressive rabbits can be. They aren't cute fluffy little cute things, they are very brutal to each other and do fight to the death. And they don't necessarily do it fast either. I've had to pull apart some of my male rabbits when they started fighting, and let me tell you, it's not pretty. I mean yeah, it's definitely an INCREDIBLY dark movie. Even as an adult it's very chilling to watch and I don't know how some kids could sit through it without crying, but putting it on a worst animated list just because it freaked you out as a kid is pretty unfair to the movie itself. It's amazing how much you could get past the censors back then and I appreciate how this movie doesn't talk down to kids. The world is a scary place, it's a dangerous place, and everything isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Hell they even have religious subtexts (not really subtext) and a pretty vindictive God, I mean, don't know bout you, but that was funny in a way. But yeah, I'd have to kindly disagree with you on Watership Down. This movie is a beautifully done movie.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29 04:48:15 by LP » Logged

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-08-29 04:44:14 »

As for bad movies. It's funny you bring his up. Just a few days ago I went through my box of old VHS' and I realized how cheap my parents were XD

I got rip off Fox and The Hound, rip off Snow White, rip off Anastasia, other rip off Snow White. It's crazy haha. All are full of lazy animation, recycled animation, incredibly stupid story lines, ugly animation, pretty mediocre voice acting, oh and did I mention lazy animation?

I'll have to go look through YouTube and see if anyone even liked these movies enough to upload clips of them XD

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-08-29 10:45:50 »

What about the animated versions of Titanic?

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-08-29 10:51:11 »

Watership Down doesn't deserve to be here just because it scared it.  It was very well animated.  :)  But yes, it was a scary film. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-08-29 11:22:50 »

I can do you one better Blurr! The animated SEQUEL to the animated Titanic movie.
Tentacalino or In Search of the Titanic. Mr. Enter has the best review for it, I feel.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-08-29 18:44:54 »

We should make ground rules, shouldn't we?  Tenta...tenacakeolololol.... whatever it is called, that movie is horrible, yes.  But can it be included for worst animated film?  Are we talking sole about animation or plots?  Because it is actually decently animated, just poorly dubbed.  Maybe we shouldn't include foreign films because dubbing can often be done half-asked.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-08-29 18:46:50 »

But that's the problem. There are examples of beautiful dubs, so there really is no excuse for bad dubs.

Also. The CGI is horrendous in the movie so I think it belongs.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-08-29 18:52:29 »

So here are some of my pics for worst animated films based on animation.

HOODWINKED

Talk about emotionless rigging dummies that don't even seem properly textured.  It is a foreign film, yeah, but ignoring the dubbing which is fine, the animation isn't.

DOOGAL films

I can't tell why this film is untextured and poorly post produced.  It just seems half asked.  It is a foreign film too.

RATATOING

You know this is going to be good.  It sits in the bargain bin at Kmart or something, and attempts to fool people into thinking it is Ratatouille.  I truly believe this may be one of the worst animated films out there. 

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-08-29 18:59:58 »

LITTLE BEE

Okay... just look for yourself...

SPIDER'S WEB: A Pig's Tale

This trailer pretty much shows and says the entire stories plot.  No need to buy this trash.  Sorry Charlotte's Web...

CAR'S LIFE: SPARKY'S BIG ADVENTURE

Sigh... sorry I couldn't find a clip of this film without people talking. 

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-08-29 19:18:58 »

So many rip-offs... :o

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-08-29 19:25:50 »

I guess Bee Movie? I remember liking it when I was younger because I thought it was funny. Recently watched it with my friends for a movie night. And we already knew the movie was crap, and even I knew it was crap. But we did it anyways for the lols.

This movie is super fukin dumb. lmao

SNEE
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-08-29 19:35:43 »

I still kinda like bee movie. I didn't think it was badly animated though. The story was just really stupid and crap.
Are we gonna make this like the other thread? Where it's just good animation, story doesn't matter? I feel like MS might have made it too broad.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-08-29 20:31:48 »

What is the parameters for this topic.  Animation or story and everything combined?

Bee Movie wasn't that great a story but the animation was good.  Nothing wrong with it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Worst animated films? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024