PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 178 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: US News & Politics  (Read 541635 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2205 on: 2020-08-20 23:20:22 »

Joe Biden tonight accepted the nomination on the last night of the Democratic National Convention which was virtual and online.  The week had talks from Kamala Harris, Barrack Obama, Bill Clinton, John Kerry, and many others.  The convention was noted for it's low turn out and poor fundraising efforts.  Nonetheless, it was the first non-in person convention held by a political party.

Here is Joe Biden's acceptance speech, which may very well be his best speech he ever gave.  Low on policy, but lots of emotional talk to draw in liberals.

« Last Edit: 2020-08-24 20:24:37 by Silverwing » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2206 on: 2020-08-21 13:12:08 »

Next week we follow the Republican National Convention.  They will have learned from the mistakes the DNC did.  We'll see how it goes.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2207 on: 2020-08-24 20:12:05 »

Night one of the Republican National Convention is complete and it is a far cry from what the Democrat National Convention did last week.  As you know, I am a very middle of the road, straight shooter.  But what I write below may shock you.

I watched the whole DNC and plan to watch the whole RNC.  The DNC has a message that came off as anti-American for much of it.  They constantly put down American ideals and culture and it was quite dour, depressing, and had no policy messages shared. They had a bunch of Hollywood stars and elites talk which had nothing to do with policy and had no relation to the average American.  It was very out of touch. The speakers came off as weak and petty, and they had a long lineup of speakers who were failed politicians and losers in the political spectrum.  It was shocking. They constantly called America racist and said how horrible this country is.  They continually lied about the economy and what is actually happening in this nation.  It was stunning they thought people would believe them. It was a dark convention that quite honestly, was not that good.

The RNC so far on day one has blown the DNC convention out of the water.  It was bright, powerful, and speakers who were on point and had direction.  It was so much better organized and you watched it and felt patriotic for your country.  It made you proud to be an American.  They laid down strong policies and good build up stories that would relate to the average American.  They also heavily reached out to minorities and poorer Americans.  They showed their support to law enforcement and brought up that the Republican Party has not been the party that put labels on people as the Democratic Party has.  It wasn't the Republican's who led the KKK and pushed Jim Crow laws and put blacks in slavery.  It was in fact the Republican Party that broke all those things.  In all, the first night of the RNC was eons better than the DNC was in an entire week.  It's ridiculously obvious and the tone difference is like a brick to the face.

In a day we will see what the ratings were for the first night of the RNC.  The DNC saw a significant decline in viewers.  We will see what the RNC did.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-24 20:13:10 by MasterXtreme » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2208 on: 2020-08-24 20:17:45 »

Republican National Convention Night One.

Entire Event.

Some night one speakers.

Senator Tim Scott.

Ambassador Nikki Haley.

Herschel Walker.

Donald Trump Jr.

Kimberly Guilfoyle.

President Trump appears at RNC with 6 former hostages.  The former prisoners are among more than a dozen people whose release the Trump administration helped broker, a campaign official said.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-24 20:20:24 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2209 on: 2020-08-28 00:35:06 »

Republican National Convention ended on Thursday after a strong week of speeches and possibly the best fireworks show I ever saw.  Donald Trump accepted renomination from the Republican Party.

Overall, the RNC was a much better event than the DNC the week before.

The RNC ended with quite possibly the most spectacular fireworks show I've ever seen light up Washington DC.

megacycle

Email
« Reply #2210 on: 2020-08-29 06:52:16 »

Trump 2020!

I'm sure that statement will trigger somebody, I'm sure the mainstream media is attacking everybody that spoke at the RNC, if not the nuts on social media are going to for them.

Do you know what's scary... a couple days ago a man was kicked out of his house. He walked down to my end of the street and pulled out a gun, four shots were fired, after that he fled the area. I could hear police sirens within less than a minute after shots were fired. Thankfully he was apprehended. I didn't hear any of this from the primary news channels, my neighbor informed us about what happened.

Right now, the world is crazy and I fear for my safety and the safety of my family.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2211 on: 2020-08-29 12:28:29 »

I'm sure that statement will trigger somebody, I'm sure the mainstream media is attacking everybody that spoke at the RNC, if not the nuts on social media are going to for them.

They attacked before he was elected.  They've done nothing but attack even when he does good.  So if anyone listens and trusts the mainstream media (as well as most non-mainstream), they are just gullible and foolish.  It's unfortunate how toxic the left has become.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-29 12:28:53 by Wolfwood » Logged
megacycle

Email
« Reply #2212 on: 2020-08-29 14:30:31 »

They attacked before he was elected.  They've done nothing but attack even when he does good.  So if anyone listens and trusts the mainstream media (as well as most non-mainstream), they are just gullible and foolish.  It's unfortunate how toxic the left has become.

This is true... That's why they never talk about the good things, because it breaks the narrative. He has to be the big bad boogeyman!
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« Reply #2213 on: 2020-08-29 17:16:48 »

Trump 2020!

Do you know what's scary... a couple days ago a man was kicked out of his house. He walked down to my end of the street and pulled out a gun, four shots were fired, after that he fled the area. I could hear police sirens within less than a minute after shots were fired. Thankfully he was apprehended. I didn't hear any of this from the primary news channels, my neighbor informed us about what happened.

Right now, the world is crazy and I fear for my safety and the safety of my family.

I’m sorry that you had to go through that, no one deserves to feel unsafe in their own homes and towns.
On another note, now that you mention Trump, I’m really starting to want to vote for him. At first, I was gonna vote for Joe because the views and policies he puts out on his website align with my own, but everything about it feels so fake to me because I don’t think a guy as sleepy as Joe could be so ardent on certain positions, it’s just not the aura he has when he speaks. On top of that, Kamala is his running mate, and I’m simply going to use this video to demonstrate why I really don’t want her in office: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RO438JQkw-M
Even though I don’t like some of the stuff that Trump does, at least we know what we’re going to get with him. There’s no telling what could happen with Joe and Kamala at the wheel, especially since their potential presence in office could embolden the rioters and make things a lot worse. I just hope my mom and sister won’t be angry with me for voting for Trump.

Sorry if this is a bit rambly, I just needed to get this off my chest.
megacycle

Email
« Reply #2214 on: 2020-08-29 18:07:21 »

I’m sorry that you had to go through that, no one deserves to feel unsafe in their own homes and towns.
On another note, now that you mention Trump, I’m really starting to want to vote for him. At first, I was gonna vote for Joe because the views and policies he puts out on his website align with my own, but everything about it feels so fake to me because I don’t think a guy as sleepy as Joe could be so ardent on certain positions, it’s just not the aura he has when he speaks. On top of that, Kamala is his running mate, and I’m simply going to use this video to demonstrate why I really don’t want her in office: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RO438JQkw-M
Even though I don’t like some of the stuff that Trump does, at least we know what we’re going to get with him. There’s no telling what could happen with Joe and Kamala at the wheel, especially since their potential presence in office could embolden the rioters and make things a lot worse. I just hope my mom and sister won’t be angry with me for voting for Trump.

It's alright... I know where I live and with the current situation, I should know what to expect.

I don't enjoy talking about politics... politics is why I basically left the blue forum, because if you think differently than the mob you are a monster. I remember seeing an anonymous poll asking a simple question, how do you feel about Trump? Along with some answers and the classic other, post below. I chose the middle of the road answer... I don't agree with everything he says but he is doing an okay job. Within five minutes somebody was screaming who is the a-hole who likes this f-bomber along with somebody saying I hope it was an accident in the comment section below the poll. (It wasn't an accident.) It's not just the blue forum... it's the furry community and social media as well. I feel like I cannot be myself on most of these platforms anymore. I cannot say what is on my mind without people coming out of the woodwork to tell me how wrong I am or how misguided I am! So I end up deleting the post along with all of the comments because I don't feel like dealing with that mess or the possible attacks... I mean I risk having that happen here but the people here have made me feel comfortable being myself.

Don't be afraid to speak your mind here, do what you think is right! I'm going to do what I think is right! We both did some rambling today.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-29 18:11:37 by megacycle » Logged
!xOWOx!

gang

Email
« Reply #2215 on: 2020-08-29 18:14:33 »

It's alright... I know where I live and with the current situation, I should know what to expect.

I don't enjoy talking about politics... politics is why I basically left the blue forum, because if you think differently than the mob you are a monster. I remember seeing an anonymous poll asking a simple question, how do you feel about Trump? Along with some answers and the classic other, post below. I chose the middle of the road answer... I don't agree with everything he says but he is doing an okay job. Within five minutes somebody was screaming who is the a-hole who likes this f-bomber along with somebody saying I hope it was an accident in the comment section below the poll. (It wasn't an accident.) It's not just the blue forum... it's the furry community and social media as well. I feel like I cannot be myself on most of these platforms anymore. I cannot say what is on my mind without people coming out of the woodwork to tell me how wrong I am or how misguided I am! So I end up deleting the post along with all of the comments because I don't feel like dealing with that mess or the possible attacks. I mean I risk having that happen here but the people here have made me feel comfortable being myself.

Don't be afraid to speak your mind here, do what you think is right! I'm going to do what I think is right! We both did some rambling today.

Thanks for the kindness <3
Funny that you mentioned the Blue Forum, because what I’m seeing here is the opposite of what goes on there (the last time I checked, anyway). I figured since people on there are left-leaning, people on here would be too, but then I saw what everyone’s saying and I’m like 👁👄👁. Its weird seeing people express views similar to mine.
megacycle

Email
« Reply #2216 on: 2020-08-29 18:18:56 »

Thanks for the kindness <3
Funny that you mentioned the Blue Forum, because what I’m seeing here is the opposite of what goes on there (the last time I checked, anyway). I figured since people on there are left-leaning, people on here would be too, but then I saw what everyone’s saying and I’m like 👁👄👁. Its weird seeing people express views similar to mine.

You're welcome, I had the same reaction as well... and I was pleased!
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2217 on: 2020-08-29 20:53:30 »

Honestly, I watch how Joe Biden has handled himself and it's always been quite poor.  Now that I have learned his DNC final speech was spliced to make him sound adherent, I am even more appalled. In past interviews whenever Biden is met with a question he doesn't like or a voter that asks him something he doesn't like, he gets angry and aggressive.  That isn't good.  He doesn't even seem to know how to handle adversity.

I didn't like Kamala to begin with.  So that wasn't a good choice in my eyes. She seems so phony and since I am pretty sure Joe wouldn't be leading, she would just be following orders from the Democratic Party.  And NOTHING the Democratic Party has done the past four years has made me feel good about them.

Trump at least is getting things done, knows how to work the economy, and has handled the virus in his own way.  He also got us out of wars and has created deals that have benefited out nation. I had been seeing people getting good jobs, making more money.  It was all quite good, very good actually.  Better than anything I remember during the Obama years.  Also unlike what the media and left wants you to think, in my line of work, I see first hand TONS of the good the Trump administration is doing for people in poverty and of different races. 

So yeah.  I am voting for Trump in 2020 now.  The Democrat Party is going quickly down the wrong path.  All you have to do is look at the cities they've been running for decades and how screwed up they are.  :-\

I guess I did some rambling too.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-29 20:56:59 by FoxTail » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2218 on: 2020-08-29 21:01:33 »

politics is why I basically left the blue forum, because if you think differently than the mob you are a monster.

It's amazing how different a community with the same like in sneezes can be so different.  You know why PSF is different?  It isn't controlled by leftist mob think.  When you actually allow centrist and right control, it's amazing how much freedom you have.  Meanwhile the left that claims freedom continues to dwindles freedom as they make more "buzz" words you can't say and things you can't do.

We're adults.  We don't need to be told what we can and cannot say.  If something offends us, we don't go screaming at others, start a protest, then become violent and loot our communities... 
megacycle

Email
« Reply #2219 on: 2020-08-30 01:54:20 »

It's amazing how different a community with the same like in sneezes can be so different.  You know why PSF is different?  It isn't controlled by leftist mob think.  When you actually allow centrist and right control, it's amazing how much freedom you have.  Meanwhile the left that claims freedom continues to dwindles freedom as they make more "buzz" words you can't say and things you can't do.

We're adults.  We don't need to be told what we can and cannot say.  If something offends us, we don't go screaming at others, start a protest, then become violent and loot our communities...

The world is like a bad family guy gag... asking me about my triggers is one of my triggers, now I'm going to go tweet about it and now it's going viral and now you will get you fired from your job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqSK6pIdx4

I like being treated as an adult and having an open conversation with you all.
Pages: < 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 178 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: US News & Politics « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024