PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion  (Read 21426 times)
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: 2021-06-05 20:49:40 »

I used to have a racing wheel way back in the days of PS1 but I didn't personally like it.  I just prefer a controller.  So I am not sure what would be good.

It used to be Logitech wheels and Fanatec.

I'm here for the camaraderie.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: 2021-06-06 13:34:05 »

I used to have a Logitech wheel but it just wasn't my thing.  It also took up too much space and was a hassle to set up each time I wanted to use it.  I got rid of it.

So I have no idea what is a good wheel anymore. :D  Good luck!
Captain Ridiculous

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: 2021-06-06 14:10:59 »

Surprise announcement by Monster Games.  A new racing league called SRX is in the work by many NASCAR heroes and legends.  It is a racing league that will race on dirt and pavement, and feature drivers from racing leagues around the world!  Monster Games announced a new game just a few days ago and it released on 5/28/2021.  Very fast window!  Oh, and the game comes default with over 50 racing tracks located all across the US.  Now that's impressive!

https://www.srxracing.com/srxthegame

The first real life race event for the league is coming up too.  The inaugural event! I'm certainly going to give it a watch.

It will be June 12, 2021 and will be televised on CBS.

I'm here for the camaraderie.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: 2021-06-06 15:08:44 »

I'm going to give the new series a watch. 

megacycle

Email
« Reply #34 on: 2021-06-07 11:09:04 »

@Captain Ridiculous and @MasterXtreme , thanks for responding. I'm trying to decide between a Logitech wheel and a thrustmaster wheel, they both have their pros and cons. Logitech is better quality on the low end, thrustmaster has a better upgrade path with the pedals and shifter being compatible with all of their race wheels.

It'll probably be a while before I grab one, just looking for another opinion.
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: 2021-06-07 17:27:14 »

I've heard good things about love the Logitech as being a bang for your buck and the Thrustmaster.  It depends how seriously you want to do this.  They will both give you the same result.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: 2021-06-07 18:04:51 »

The top three wheels I hear the most are Logitech, Fanatec, and Thrustmaster.  Doesn't mean they are the best, there could be a hidden gem, but they are the ones thrown around the most.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: 2021-06-07 23:56:54 »

If you want a shifter, the Thrustmaster one is a great investment — Logitech’s shifter contains too much plastic (but is four times cheaper ;D), so it’s a pretty common choice to buy Logitech G29 wheel and TH8a shifter. Fanatec products are made mostly for fans (typical Fanatec user room looks like that ;D) and they can be a bit expensive for more casual gamers.

My G27 is still a pretty popular model, although I don’t like how most of the buttons are located on shifter’s base. G29 has all of them on the wheel, so if my current wheel will follow my previous video card :nervoussmile:, I will buy the setup I mentioned.
megacycle

Email
« Reply #38 on: 2021-06-08 11:25:29 »

If you want a shifter, the Thrustmaster one is a great investment — Logitech’s shifter contains too much plastic (but is four times cheaper ;D), so it’s a pretty common choice to buy Logitech G29 wheel and TH8a shifter. Fanatec products are made mostly for fans (typical Fanatec user room looks like that ;D) and they can be a bit expensive for more casual gamers.

My G27 is still a pretty popular model, although I don’t like how most of the buttons are located on shifter’s base. G29 has all of them on the wheel, so if my current wheel will follow my previous video card :nervoussmile:, I will buy the setup I mentioned.

I'm looking at that as well, wheel will depend on availability when. I'm ready to pull the trigger. Because both options have pros and cons, the thrustmaster shifter being a standalone item that works with any brand wheel is nice, the Logitech shifter looks cheap and something I would probably break in the heat of the moment.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: 2021-06-08 15:43:09 »

The best option is probably mixing devices. ;D
megacycle

Email
« Reply #40 on: 2021-06-09 13:00:19 »

That's probably what I will do @Silverwing , just depends on the pricing and availability when I'm ready to pull the trigger. It'll probably be a few months before that happens.

Pacer is a futuristic combat racer, it's similar to the wipeout game series.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/389670/Pacer/
I'd say it's worth checking out, if you are into that type of racing game.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-09 13:01:04 by megacycle » Logged
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: 2021-06-09 14:09:46 »

Added to my wishlist!  Looks like something interesting. ^

If anyone remembers the old PS1 game, Jet Moto... it reminds me of that for some reason, lol. 

megacycle

Email
« Reply #42 on: 2021-06-09 18:24:35 »

Added to my wishlist!  Looks like something interesting. ^

If anyone remembers the old PS1 game, Jet Moto... it reminds me of that for some reason, lol.

I vaguely remember it, I remember renting it from movie gallery.
That brings back memories, be kind, please rewind.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: 2021-06-09 21:15:20 »

That brings back memories, be kind, please rewind.

I took that heart. Lol
« Last Edit: 2021-06-09 21:15:40 by Kiwi » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #44 on: 2021-06-11 13:33:07 »

There really isn't much in terms of new racers coming out in the short term.  Right now the buzz seems to be around Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown and if it will actually bring back the nostalgia people loved about the original and second game.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Pages: < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Racing Game Topic Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024