PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491227 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #480 on: 2020-11-15 13:08:41 »

It has begun.  Are you ready?

The most anticipated truck in ATS history is coming, and it's coming soon.

Good year for ATS.  Many DLCs and many new trucks. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #481 on: 2020-11-15 13:15:05 »

Speaking about I-70: with all those message boards (the combination of «NOT BUCKLED?» and «NOT BUCKLED? SERIOUSLY??» after a few miles is my favorite ;D) it appears to be the most advanced Interstate on the ATS map! Even I-5 near Portland and Seattle doesn’t have so much of accessories. Other roads have them as well: a lot of boom barriers (in mountain pass areas they say «this is where the fun begins» ;D), flashing lights on some of «STOP» signs, even the additional traffic lights at the middle of some ramps leading to I-25. I wonder, it’s a Colorado-specific features or the SCS will expand this on other roads later? If they have remade all traffic lights on the map a few patches ago, I think this is not a difficult thing for them. I believe that I-80 in Wyoming will be made with this great level of details too ^-^ — including the very discriminative signs «60 mph for cars and 25 mph for trucks» :-0.
Next, the farming area from Sterling to Lamar have a lot of various accesories too: you can see a lot of circle and half-circle sprinkler installations (and they are moving! Unlike the oil pumps in Arizona — in NM and CO these pumps are working) and all types of agricultural machinery you can haul.
Also, I like this place, when you can’t bypass the weight control: even if you go to the secondary road, you’ll still meet the signal transmitter, which sends you to the weight station. And this place is interesting too: you can pierce this mountain in the tunnel or drive around it to look how much time is saved thanks to said tunnel. Well, even if I have opened this map very quickly, I still have a lot of places to see: Four Corners, some mountain areas I visited at night, more quarries etc. And I didn’t find that sign with km/h on it ;D.
P.S. I see, Vitas Power is the first ETS2 company introduced to ATS. It would be nice to see the Ultimus airplane in some of ETS’s airports — to show that both of these games are in one storyline ;D.

I loved those road signs as well and I agree on all points.  They really took things to a whole new level, though to most players it would be minor.  But to us, it's quite a good step in the evolution and understanding of their road layouts.  They are getting more comfortable and creating more unique assets and locations.  For example, think of all the depots in the last few DLC's... they are pretty much all different and unique compared to what it used to be in Nevada and California (would love to see those states get the same polish as the post-Oregon states). I also noticed that weigh station and thought it was very clever.  It exists in real life too!

You think the oil rigs are plentiful there... it gets even crazier in some of the upcoming states.... Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.  :D

Two states I am really looking forward to are Wyoming and Montana.  They are some of the least populated places in the lower 48 States, and seem perfect for SCS and their scenery team.  They excel with rural, but continually get better with cities.

I think Darwing should make an appearance in ETS since it is an international conglomerate!  I knew I had seen Vitas Power before, but for some reason I didn't remember it was from ETS!  Oops! :D
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #482 on: 2020-11-15 13:24:16 »

It has begun.  Are you ready?

The most anticipated truck in ATS history is coming, and it's coming soon.

[VIDEO]

Good year for ATS.  Many DLCs and many new trucks.

I am ready.  Bring it on.  I am ready to drive one of my favorite looking trucks!  Do I dare spoil it?  Do we all know what it is?  The name of the company starts with an "F" and the truck model name starts with a "C."  Is that understood? :D
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #483 on: 2020-11-15 13:26:36 »

Whaaat?
Another new truck? :-0 NO WAY!

It appears that the next year will be without new trucks ;D.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #484 on: 2020-11-15 13:28:49 »

I think from what we see, it looks good.  But this photo from the teaser seems not quite right proportionally.  The hood seems too short and the side molding seems to extend too close to the front of the nose.  Seems angled a bit too sharp as well.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #485 on: 2020-11-15 13:31:29 »

^ I agree, MasterX.  That photo makes it look all wrong.

Yes, ANOTHER truck.  And do not worry, there are plenty of trucks to add next year like the Mack Anthem,  The International LT, new Volvo VNL,  More Kenworth and Peterbilt, etc, etc. 
« Last Edit: 2020-11-15 13:31:48 by RainySunshine » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #486 on: 2020-11-15 13:36:59 »

...like the Mack Anthem,  The International LT, new Volvo VNL,  More Kenworth and Peterbilt, etc, etc. 
You mean Mack Pinnacle? ;D
The SCS still have a bit of work to make all chassis and cabs for 49X, and some tuning packs for trucks will not harm.
So adding new truck models in the next years is not so nessessary — they achieved a goal of covering all brands, so they can make correction in existing models ;D.

From all those models you named I prefer to see an LT — even if it’s basically a Lonestar with «normal» hood, I see this model as Actros MP4-like eye candy ^-^.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-15 13:43:23 by timmelon » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #487 on: 2020-11-15 13:45:55 »

...like the Mack Anthem,  The International LT, new Volvo VNL,  More Kenworth and Peterbilt, etc, etc. 
You mean Mack Pinnacle? ;D

We already got the Anthem, Rainy, lol!  What about the Western Star 5700XE?  I thought that would be the first WS truck in the game.  Kenworth also just released zero emissions versions of some of their popular trucks including the T680.  But we could really enjoy having the new Kenworth W990.

I think the International LT is a handsome looking design, much prettier than the wild and gaudy Lonestar.... but come on, how could SCS resist not having something as wild as the Lonestar in the game?  The Lonestar will need to be the mascot for the Texas DLC since Texas is "The Lonestar State" according to their motto.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #488 on: 2020-11-15 13:48:53 »

^Definitely. Maybe they are holding the «Harley-Davidson Edition» tuning pack for Texas DLC launch ;D.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #489 on: 2020-11-15 13:49:05 »

Oops, Lol!  I meant the Pinnacle.   :o :P  :nervoussmile:

I like all the recommendations of new trucks.  I think each brand should have at least TWO models to choose from.  Minor improvements will come to them as they continue to work on the game. :)

I am surprised how quickly this year ATS is catching up to the ETS2 truck roster.  Is there any new trucks they could include to ETS2 right now?  ATS will have 9 trucks when the Cascadia is added.  ETS has... 17?  Am I right?
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #490 on: 2020-11-15 13:50:06 »

New to ATS!  Buy the Harley Davidson Edition and get to drive a Harley in the game!!! :D ;)  Perfect for riding big open spaces! ;)   (aok)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #491 on: 2020-11-15 13:51:13 »

I think each brand should have at least TWO models to choose from. 

I am surprised how quickly this year ATS is catching up to the ETS2 truck roster.  Is there any new trucks they could include to ETS2 right now?  ATS will have 9 trucks when the Cascadia is added.  ETS has... 17?  Am I right?

I think it is a nice goal to have at least two models per brand, but that does seem pretty unlikely with the amount of effort it takes.

And yes, you are correct on the truck roster to my knowledge.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #492 on: 2020-11-15 13:51:43 »

New to ATS!  Buy the Harley Davidson Edition and get to drive a Harley in the game!!! :D ;)  Perfect for riding big open spaces! ;)   (aok)

Haha!  To hear the roar of a Harley-Davidson. :D
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #493 on: 2020-11-15 13:53:32 »

The bad thing is they probably will not include the older models in the game — if the ETS2 debut was in 2016, we definitely could not see the Magnum and Premium plus the older MAN, Iveco and Volvo. So, this is minus five trucks in ETS. Scania S and Streamline are too close to R’s in both generation, so you can drop out them as well. So, 10 truck remains — almost equal to 8+1 in ATS. :nervoussmile:
I still think that unused accessory slots on Lonestar are exclusively for HD Edition parts. ;D
« Last Edit: 2020-11-15 14:00:06 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #494 on: 2020-11-15 13:59:50 »

The bad thing is they probably will not include the older models in the game — if the ETS2 debut was in 2016, we definitely could not see the Magnum and Premium plus the older Iveco and Volvo.
I still think that unused accessory slots on Lonestar are exclusively for HD Edition parts. ;D

I think you are right.  :))
« Last Edit: 2020-11-15 14:00:08 by RainySunshine » Logged
Pages: < 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024