PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Every Little Thing She Does" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLP:FiM - "Every Little Thing She Does"  (Read 16632 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #45 on: 2016-09-27 06:21:22 »

If she's a best friend, why didn't she... Like I don't know, throw you a line. It's not like she'd be in crippling dept if one person didn't pay her for a few lines. I get wanting to support her, but if she's already on the level of asking to be payed for her lines, doesn't she already have a demand for her voice work?

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2016-09-27 07:12:27 »

She did throw me a line and gave me a friend discount. Just because she's my friend doesn't mean I'm just gonna ask her to do it for free. That wouldn't be fair. At least not to me

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #47 on: 2016-09-27 07:21:04 »

I don't think it's fair to charge your friends for something that's incredibly easy to do. It would be like my family charging a family friend to fill in a cavity for them. It's just, like why? They're your friend.
But I guess at least she gave you a discount. But for their to be a discount, how much does she charge normally?

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: 2016-09-27 09:22:03 »

So your logic is just because they're your friend then you shouldn't have to pay them?

Um.....no....just...no. that is NOT how it works.

If it's a gift or a simple request that's one thing. But to ask a professional artist to perform an idea you came up with yourself, be it drawing, voice work or other, friend or not, paying them is pretty much just common sense. AleximusPrime. Big name in the MLS art world. One of my good friends. I pay him every time I commission him. Silverwing. L...granted I haven't paid him for anything in a while because production of the comic was put on pause but for every page I pay him a fee.

You can't just expect free stuff from other people all the time just because they're your friends. It doesn't work that that way.

(And what she charges isn't important. What is important that she worked hard on those linest and she deserves every cent.)

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2016-09-27 09:35:13 »

I'm saying if it's something as simple as just basically providing a few lines they really shouldn't charge. I just find that weird.

Artists and stuff I understand. You shouldn't expect free art out of them just cuz they're your friend since you're telling them what to do. And they're taking a hell of a lot more time to draw something for you than sit at a recording booth and say a few lines, even if you count the numerous takes they do. I just frankly think that's stupid. Especially for some fan work stuff. Professional VA's of course should be paid since they're working for a studio and what not and its ther job.

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #50 on: 2016-09-27 12:00:39 »

Lets not nitpick everything on the poor guy.  Nice to see you getting involved and making a video.  You might be able to be pretty well known doing that.  But be careful... it's online.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2017-10-22 17:10:19 »

It was a decent episode.  Starlight does overdo things then has to try and fix all the overdoing.  Poor, mare.

7/10.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: 2017-10-22 20:36:58 »

It was kind of predictable and it was a decent enough episode.  It was good, but not that great.  Shows how Starlight got's this evil overreaction to things... in the evil way. ;D  Lol.  Take control of friends!  It runs in her blood.  7/10.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #53 on: 2017-10-25 15:50:33 »

It was an alright episode.  7.
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: MLP:FiM - "Every Little Thing She Does" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024