PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Did you catch Covid? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you catch Covid?  (Read 993 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2023-07-12 01:53:55 »

Do not worry, this is a temporary topic that will be merged eventually.  This is mainly a survey purely out of curiosity. I feel enough time has passed and for the majority, the pandemic is "over."  The topic  of the pandemic was talked about here at PSF, but overall, I didn't see a lot of people ever say they caught it except for one or two, which leads me to believe in theory, a very small percentage caught it here on the forums.  You don't need to post if you don't want to, but you can if you wish to share experiences.  Again, this topic is temporary and will be removed after we get a good sample set for no reason other than curiosity.

I only have the dates 2020-2023 based off when WHO 'started' and 'ended' the pandemic.  I realize much of the world went back to normal in 2021 and 2022 and some earlier.
TheBeesSneeze

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2023-07-12 01:55:59 »

I never did and I didn't know anyone personally (Friends/family) who got it either.  At work there was a scare that someone might had caught it early on, but it was a false alarm and she just got the flu.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-07-12 01:58:09 »

Nope. Haven't been sick since 2018. Most of the people I knew never got any type of sickness during the pandemic years because everyone was being so clean with everything they did.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2023-07-12 01:59:12 »

A couple of my family members did.
But not me. Also, I got an achievement «didn’t have any PCR test» ;D.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-07-12 01:59:33 »

I guess I should answer this poll.  I did not catch it. No one in my family caught it and no relatives I knew caught it.  None of my friends got it either.  I never took a test either, but I did get a bunch of free kits from Uncle Sam.  They are still sitting in my pantry, probably expired.  I never opened them.
« Last Edit: 2023-07-12 02:00:21 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-07-12 02:03:30 »

No.  None in my family acquired the virus.  There were a few minor cases at work with these girls who always hung out together, but it never spread around at work.  I think in total 3 people got it at my work, but they got it from other places. 

None of my close friends got it.  We received the PCR test kits, but I never had to use them.  I see a lot of videos online of women trying them and it making them sneeze.  That might be the only good thing to come from this horrible event that altered society.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2023-07-12 05:22:39 »

Yes I did. Twice in fact

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Nemesis Prime

Sneezing In disguise

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2023-07-12 05:51:27 »

I did catch it, but like way over a year after the worst pandemic was gone already and what i had was very mild if not including the first night.
It was detected by the home test kit and lasted about a week with very mild flu like symptoms. Zero sneeziness thou, just really drowsy. My sister got vaccinated against it and had way worse symptoms, which is very strange to me, but everyone is different so ofcourse it will react different ways too.
My girlfriend caught it at small family trip, but had very mild symptoms too, but the quarantine had to be applied so i had to do store runs for her, leaving the bags out her door and ringing the bell, then dashing to the outdoor. BUT i didnt get infected by that, i actually got it at workshop place, not surprising since there was a lot more people, but i am surprised that i didnt catch it from all the bus rides i had to take.

PM me for want free art! Everybody is welcome to request~

If you want to learn more about "my" Nemesis Prime as RP character click
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2023-07-12 07:21:01 »

Like Blurr, I got it twice.

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Crimson Crest

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2023-07-12 08:10:00 »

Nah, I didn't. It's one of the pros of being an introvert. :)
Sniffles

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2023-07-12 12:48:09 »

I did not. Never even had any scares about it.

Besides 2020, life has been pretty normal here.
« Last Edit: 2023-07-12 12:49:03 by Sniffles » Logged
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2023-07-12 23:47:33 »

I did not nor did my family.  I had no close friends catch it.  I only heard of people catching it from the few who mentioned it here.

RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: 2023-07-13 00:18:46 »

Worked the whole time and never caught it.  I seemed to notice the people who got vaccinated had it very severe compared to the people who didn't, at least it worked out that way from the people I know at work.  There were a few cases at work, but it didn't start happening until vaccines were available.  So that was weird. 

Never had to get tested as I never got sick.  Thankfully no one in my family got it either and no friends.
« Last Edit: 2023-07-13 00:19:38 by RainySunshine » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2023-07-13 01:43:28 »

Call it luck of crazy, with as sneezy as I am, and I work in a logistics [COMMAND CENTER] where people congregate and intermix after delivering goods from all around the country, I never got the virus nor did anyone in my office.  I never heard any of the drivers I talk to regularly catching it either.  Did people get skittish around sneezy me?  Probably, but I always covered them.

I am also a no.
kiku

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2023-07-13 11:59:54 »

I caught it exactly one year ago. It was like having the flu - fever, dry cough (especially the first night which was awful), stuffy sniffly nose and more sneezes than usual.  ;)

Avatar: Idea and drawing by Nemesis Prime
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Did you catch Covid? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024