PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion  (Read 67851 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: 2016-12-24 16:55:54 »

I'm curious too.  They need original voice actors or at least very similar voices.  A character is the voice.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2017-02-04 13:22:01 »

Time for the latest numbers by season and up to date on Nickelodeon.  What are the top rated animated shows?

Spongebob Squarepant on season 9/10 is currently drawing in 2.5 million on average.
The Loud House just entered season 2 and is capturing on average 1.8 million viewers.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in season 4 is currently pulling in 1.3 million on average.
Harvey Beaks has been cancelled but will finish showing the remaining episodes made.  Season to is drawing in about 1.2 million viewers.

That is it.  Those are the only shows Nickelodeon is making that are animated at this time.  Times sure have changed, they have practically nothing.  A new show called, "Bunsen Is a Beast" will premier in February 2017.

NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: 2017-02-04 16:47:46 »

I dunno... that Hey Arnold reboot with slightly older characters.Arnold's grandfather was about three days older than baseball in the original series. Does this mean we'll be seeing a Very Special episode where the old man has a health scare and is hospitalized, and Arnold faces the possibility of  losing his Grampa too?

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #48 on: 2017-02-04 16:55:31 »

And we'll finally find out what happened to his parents.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: 2017-02-04 23:59:51 »

I dunno... that Hey Arnold reboot with slightly older characters.Arnold's grandfather was about three days older than baseball in the original series. Does this mean we'll be seeing a Very Special episode where the old man has a health scare and is hospitalized, and Arnold faces the possibility of  losing his Grampa too?

It's just a television movie.  Not a full reboot of a classic series. 

So I doubt that.  We are supposedly going to find out what happened to Arnold's parents.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #50 on: 2017-02-05 00:03:11 »

How he got this far in age and they haven't told him what happened still baffles me.

Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: 2017-02-05 00:16:40 »

How he got this far in age and they haven't told him what happened still baffles me.

I think he is like 8 or 9.... I don't remember.  Maybe 11?  19.  I really have no idea Arnold's age anymore.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: 2017-02-05 00:17:13 »

Spongebob Squarepant on season 9/10 is currently drawing in 2.5 million on average.
The Loud House just entered season 2 and is capturing on average 1.8 million viewers.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in season 4 is currently pulling in 1.3 million on average.
Harvey Beaks has been cancelled but will finish showing the remaining episodes made.  Season to is drawing in about 1.2 million viewers.\

Four cartoons... that is all Nick has.  How sad.  They used to be all cartoons pretty much. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: 2017-02-05 15:15:40 »

It has to be something pretty awful.  Perhaps they're being tortured in a foreign prison or something.  I looked at the cast list for this movie, and Alfred Molina
(Dr. Octopus from the second Spider-Man movie) is on board as the main antagonist, "La Sombra". Boy, there's a sinister-sounding name if I ever heard one.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: 2017-02-05 20:14:10 »

It has to be something pretty awful.  Perhaps they're being tortured in a foreign prison or something.  I looked at the cast list for this movie, and Alfred Molina
(Dr. Octopus from the second Spider-Man movie) is on board as the main antagonist, "La Sombra". Boy, there's a sinister-sounding name if I ever heard one.

Your mind races about possibilities, doesn't it?

Sadly, none of that will be true.

End of the movie, Grandma and Grandpa take off masks and Arnold realize they were her parents all along....
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2017-02-06 13:57:27 »

What goes on in that burrito fueled brain of his?  ;D 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: 2017-02-06 16:24:57 »

Well, to continue the Spider-Man parallel,  Peter Parker's parents disappeared for years, and thought dead, and he was raised by an elderly relative... he was led to believe they survived an ordeal in a foreign country and went in search of the truth, only to learn it was all a ploy (his "parents" were actually sophisticated robots built as part of an evil scheme).

Ultimate Spider-Man took it to the next level-- his dad returned after ten years, having faked his death and simply laid low all this time... but it wasn't really his dad, but a hyper-aged clone of Peter created and implanted with fake memories by Dr. Octopus... who also created several other clones, including a very cute girl version of Peter.   (It's best not to think about why.)

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2017-02-06 19:47:51 »

I'd always dreamed to find a forum where people overanalyze and go super in depth about shows and what not... I just never thought people would be more obscure then me. ;) 

I see your parallel.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: 2017-03-10 17:11:48 »

"Busan is a Beast" by Butch Hartman has premier on Nick.

It's meh in my opinion.  Forgettable so far.  Very similar in humor to CURRENT Fairly Oddparents cartoons.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-10 17:15:28 by Silverwing » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: 2017-03-11 11:41:46 »

Watched an episode today and it is very milk toast.  Nothing that hasn't been done before.

But I need to watch more then one episode to fully give an opinion, so don't listen to me.  GO.
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Nickelodeon Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024