PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies of 2018! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movies of 2018!  (Read 14222 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2018-01-01 12:50:22 »

A topic to discuss all the hits and misses of 2018!

Will 2018 be a better year then the movie flop of 2017?  2017 was panned internationally as a bad year for movies having the lowest movie attendance in over 50 years!  Will 2018 buck the trend?  Only time will tell! 

Welcome to Movies of 2018!
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2018-01-01 12:59:09 »

It's going to be a sh*tfest of crap! Can't wait! 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-01-01 13:22:15 »

Sort of browsing through the upcoming movies of 2018, not much attracts me.  I didn't know they were making a Tomb Raider movie...

I want to see "12 Strong." 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-01-02 12:53:14 »

Nothing looks interesting quite yet.  I haven't looked... so that might be why. ;D
TikoPiko
Learning to walk

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-01-02 13:03:53 »

I'm maybe waiting for Black Panther but besides that i didn't see other upcoming films that attracted me for the moment  :).
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-01-02 13:56:49 »

Incredibles II is something I want to see.
TikoPiko
Learning to walk

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2018-01-02 14:40:42 »

Ah yes i forgot about Incredibles 2 now you say that  ;D.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2018-01-02 17:07:10 »

Incredibles 2.  Can't wait for that one. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2018-02-11 11:53:56 »

2018 is gilled with a bunch of animated movies that don't look all that interesting to me. 

The one coming soonest is by Aardman Animation, the folks who made Wallaces and Grommit.  This new film is called "Early Man."  Doesn't look too appealing to me, but the villain looks interesting. It comes out Feb 16, 2018.

Next is Sherlock Gnomes, a movie nobody asked for... Do people even care about Gnomes?  Why do they keep making sequels to a film no one watched or cared for? March 23.

Isle of Dogs will also come out March 23.  Either you will like it or not.  Hit or miss from this studio and mind.

Next is Duck, Duck, Goose.  Looks run of the mill and uninteresting.  April 20.

Then the big one comes, the one everyone is waiting for.  Incredibles 2.  We still don't know much about it, but just the name and studio it is coming from draws hype.  Pixar released the film Jun 15.

Don't think anyone asked for a 3rd movie, but it looks extremely generic.  Hotel Transylvania 3 comes out July 13.

Teen Titans GO! to the Movies is coming out July 27th.  We know nothing about it, but I am only interested in it because I want to see what they will do and how they will animated it.  We know nothing about this movie, and it came out of nowhere to all of a sudden say they are making a movie.  Cartoon Network doesn't really do movies... so yeah.

Smallfoot is coming out September 14, 2018.  Not much is known yet.

The Grinch is coming up November 9th and it looks very unappealing so far.  Illumination continues to pump out films that are unappealing to me.  Minions... need I saw anything else?

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Wreck-It Ralph 2) comes out Nov 21st.  Cartoon Network will be pleased because they have the show Unikitty and can tie it in somehow.  No opinions on this.  Might be a bad sequel or good.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is a dreadful name.  But the teaser we did see looks really neat.  Area of concern is that it is coming from Sony Animation, who has been known to have soulless animated films.  Lets hope they can pull it off.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2018-02-11 21:56:44 »

Only things that seem interesting on that list if the Incredibles 2 to me. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 2018-02-12 01:20:13 »

Is that Spider-Verse thing an adaptation of a comic book arc?   Is it in the continuity of the new Spider-Man series, or something entirely different? They're doing their take on the "Spider-Island" arc currently, which I'm reading online to catch up...  Gwen Stacy is essentially played as a composite of Carlie Cooper and Mary-Jane.   

They'll have to tone down the more graphic stuff in the original comics of course, so as not to give kids nightmares.
« Last Edit: 2018-02-12 01:22:37 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2018-02-12 14:55:23 »

I hadn't heard of that Spiderman thing.  I'm willing to guess it will be a one off with no relation to television series or previous movies.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2018-02-12 22:09:34 »

Fifty Shades Freed?  lol!
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: 2018-02-12 23:34:52 »

I saw ads for that.  This is their third film now?  Ha ha. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 2018-02-13 00:05:19 »

On the subject of superheroes again, anyone seen the promos for the new Black Panther movie?  It's, in the words of one reviewer, "breaking box-office records like a bad habit". They've got cardboard standees in every grocery store and even a line of sculpted 12-in. collectible figures.  I think Hollywood is trying to reach out to the African-American community, which Oscar has snubbed of late, with a new focus on minority superheroes taking center stage--Black Panther, Black Lightning; Miles Morales, the new Spider-Man. Rather than just re-imagining established characters like The Kingpin, Fancy Dan, or Liz Allen with shiny new black faces, they're actually looking to characters who were imagined and created as African-American to begin with.  Is this a positive thing and a huge step forward in race relations, or just mindless pandering to the masses by Tinseltown, trotted out just in time for MLK Day and Black History Month? 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Movies of 2018! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024