PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Teen Titans Go! To The Movies! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Teen Titans Go! To The Movies!  (Read 5241 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« on: 2018-06-17 15:02:34 »

Here it is.  The moment EVERYONE has been waiting for...

TEEN TITANS GO! TO THE MOVIES!

Yep, thats the first trailer! It will release on July 27th, 2018.   

PLOT
The Teen Titans learn that almost every hero in the DC Universe has their own films, so they search for a director for their movie. But the director Jade Wilson rejects their offer due to the fact the Titans can't be taken seriously. However, they find a window of opportunity for their own movie by having their own nemesis in the form of Slade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears they used a small budget similar to the recent MLP:FiM, so it will probably be a box office success whether it gets panned or not.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: 2018-06-17 15:03:38 by Silverwing » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-17 18:16:28 »

It sounds like it will be very self-aware of itself just like the cartoon.  Depending on your type of humor, this could be a really funny movie or one you don't like.

The animation is nothing that spectacular.  It seems like they still used FLASH but just added shading.  It isn't horrible and there is definitely a quality improvement, but it isn't that great. 

I expect this movie will be HATED among people who already hate it.  But first time movie critics will be split between complete panning and dislike to some who find it's humor and references hilarious.

I expect they spent no more then $15 million to make this, assuming they had a bigger budget being WB over the MLP movie and Hasbro.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-20 21:17:41 »

We'll see how it does. ;D  Lol.

I am surprised Cartoon Network hasn't hyped this up yet.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-20 21:17:57 by Silverwing » Logged
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2018-06-21 21:23:36 »

It will have young kids going to see of course.  But some parents may be turned off about sending their kids to see it because of all the low brow humor and dukie jokes.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2018-07-01 17:31:02 »

Well, this is the month.
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2018-07-09 14:22:03 »

lol, supposedly one of the guys behind the movie said that they'll consider reviving the other (imo, better) Teen Titans show if a lot of people go see this Teen Titans Go movie.

Sounds pretty desperate to me, I ain't fallin' for that marketing ploy. I was a fan of the original series but I'm not really super-eager to see it get revived. The more adult DC animated universe movies are more than fine for me.

That said, I'm sure TTG fans will like this. :) All the power to'em.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-09 14:22:27 by Ari-Dynamic » Logged

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2018-07-09 20:29:35 »

It will make a modest sum of money and be panned I am sure. ;D  Lol.  But it will make more then it's budget of probably less then $10 million. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2018-07-10 15:09:19 »

Considering how cheap the animation looks, I'd be surprised if the budget was a little over $5 million, lol.

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 2018-07-10 21:03:07 »

It is a minor upgrade is all from their television show, lol.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2018-07-10 21:18:39 »

I got to say, I am amazed they are actually making a movie. ;D  I hope it's a success for the fans and maybe it will kinda be a big "F-U" kinda thing to all the people who thought this show would never get anywhere.  Well.... it got a movie!  Lol.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2018-07-10 21:20:56 »

it will kinda be a big "F-U" kinda thing to all the people who thought this show would never get anywhere.  Well.... it got a movie!  Lol.

Exactly!  This show was hated so much by so many people who were mad that it wasn't a true successor to the original "Teen Titans."  But in terms of success, this show was much more successful then the original TT.  This show actually got RATINGS and brought in MONEY!  The original TT didn't do either nearly as well.  And this show got a MOVIE!! Lol!  It's quite funny.

If they do make a success to the original TT, I can guarantee it won't be as popular as TTGO.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-10 21:21:07 by Soda » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2018-07-10 21:23:59 »

Teen Titans got a lot of accolades though and awards.  It was a critics success.  But that success didn't translate into television viewership success and didn't bring in merchandise dollars. 

So yes, Teen Titans Go! is more of a success in terms of money and viewers. 
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2018-07-11 17:41:23 »

This trailer thing from the movie does show some parts of the film where the animation is much improved.  Especially backgrounds of the city and destruction.

This show is going to use all it's humor and take it to the extreme level.  If you like this show's humor, you will probably love it.  It's going to be very self aware of itself complete with catchy, but they admit, silly and ridiculous songs.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-11 17:43:45 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: 2018-07-13 13:58:14 »

So they did improve some stuff.  They still didn't add much shading, lol.  Mainly just keeping with the shows style.  Probably a smart move. 

Means a lot of animated films in the future based off FLASH cartoons will look cheap.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2018-07-25 16:01:18 »

Oh my gosh... this Friday....
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Teen Titans Go! To The Movies! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024