PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 88 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion  (Read 285424 times)
✨proponypal✨

Eat some apples!

Email
« Reply #735 on: 2017-12-18 10:41:03 »

I've heard some rumors that whoever leaked all this did it on purpose to ruin FiM so Hasbro can get less views and gain popularity for when G5 series come out. I don't know if it's true tho.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #736 on: 2017-12-18 10:42:59 »

Just rumors.  Lets not spread those.  :-\
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #737 on: 2017-12-18 13:13:30 »

Maybe some people are excited about all this, but I am not.  I am upset someone leaked all this information after all the hard work of the creators.  It just ruins it all for them.  I am sorry for them.  I hope people don't spoil themselves and still enjoy the show on it's release, and i hope this doesn't make DHX and Hasbro think twice about this community.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-18 13:13:43 by Kiwi » Logged
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #738 on: 2017-12-18 14:10:45 »

I didn't hear about this. :O  I hope all this info is removed.

Really disappointed about all the leaks that have been happening. I'll be avoiding them and waiting for the official airing of the episodes next year. Having patience will be worth it in the end. Looking forward to the new season.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-18 14:12:41 by FoxTail » Logged
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #739 on: 2017-12-18 14:20:05 »

This is honestly the first time I've seen such a thing happen to a show. It really sucks. :-\

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #740 on: 2017-12-18 14:23:12 »

Well, remember the MLP movie was leaked in October as well as the rest of season 7.

So this has been an ongoing issue for DHX Media. 
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #741 on: 2017-12-18 14:24:37 »

For real? I knew a lot of episodes from season 7 were aired early in Canada, but I didn't know they were leaked before that. Same for the movie. :o
« Last Edit: 2017-12-18 14:24:53 by 1234 » Logged

Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #742 on: 2017-12-18 14:28:19 »

It's not right and isn't fair someone did this to the studios who worked really hard on all these projects and shows for us.  They are trying to appease us, then some jackass does this.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #743 on: 2017-12-18 14:30:23 »

For real? I knew a lot of episodes from season 7 were aired early in Canada, but I didn't know they were leaked before that. Same for the movie. :o

It was unfortunately a thing. :-\ 

People are confident the person doing this leak is the same person who leaked the movie.  All were from 4chan and it has actually been supported by some in the ponychan community.  Those people give all of us a bad image.  :(  I hate that place. 
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #744 on: 2017-12-18 14:31:00 »

It is a culture of destruction at 4chan.  You can feel the difference when going there as opposed to a place like this for instance.  You enter and leave 4chan feeling horrible and hating people, hating yourself. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #745 on: 2017-12-19 14:02:29 »

This should be read in full.

The human cost of Art Theft

Feeling a lot of emotions right now over what happened this weekend with MLP. Anger, outrage, and disgust present in spades (and directed specifically at the leaker) but the emotion which outweighs them is sadness.

I feel sad for a multitude of reasons. The first of which has my thoughts dwelling upon everyone at both DHX and Hasbro who had to drop everything they were doing this weekend to have to head into work and deal with the single largest brushfire the franchise has ever seen. Their weekend was stolen from them. Which in and of itself stinks beyond all reason, but to have the weekend before Christmas stolen, when people are starting to travel to visit loved ones, do last minute Christmas shopping, or just take a breather before the long holiday to have to come in and deal with this…

My heart goes out to each and every single one of them. None of them deserved to have their downtime stolen.

My thoughts dwell upon those who had their company e-mails stolen, and then published on the net. In addition to the massive crime which this was, this is also a massive violation of privacy. Just thinking of the potential contents being correspondences with loved ones, jokes shared with friends, ideas collaborated with co-workers and to have all of that released to the world… I wouldn't wish that upon one anyone.

I can't help but think about the writers on the show who had their work stolen and released before their stories were ready to be seen by the world. There is something about being a writer on a cartoon, or really television show, which I know a lot of people don't realize. For the most part, the writers don't see the process where their scripts are turned into fully animated cartoons. The first time they see their stories is when they air… just like the rest of the audience.

And then there's everyone on the production crews who had their work released before it was complete. For those who have ever worked in the arts, at all, it's quite literally the same as having someone release an unfinished version of the piece you are working on right now. It isn't finished. It's not done. It's not the final reflection of the vision… but the world has seen it and there is not a whole lot that can be done to make the world unsee.

The theft and subsequent release of in progress intellectual property is not something which can be resolved by returning the stolen content. There was more stolen than just the IP. The part which was stolen, and can never be brought back are the opportunities to showcase their work for the audience to experience. The creators of this content have lost the opportunity to surprise their audience with new story ideas. No longer can they wow the audience by showcasing their mastery of their newest skills.

It was their moment to shine, their moment of vindication, their ultimate reward for all the work they had put in on the show, which was stolen from them. It was stolen from all these wonderful, amazing people who I have met and gotten to know, even just a little bit, over the past 7 years… and the actions of one selfish criminal have hurt all of them.

What happened was something terrible. It is not something to be praised. It is not something to go and confront/harass the show staff about. It is not something to be used as a rallying cry. It is not something to complain about. It is not something to derive enjoyment out of. It is not something to be dissected and analyzed for review or critique. It is none of that.

What it is, and how it breaks down is simple. What happened is a crime. The leaker is a criminal. The people who've work on the My Little Pony franchise at both Hasbro and DHX are victims. Those are the simple, indisputable facts.

There is only one person to whom any ire should be directed. I hope beyond hope the party who is responsible is found and brought to justice. Enough is enough.
Source
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #746 on: 2017-12-19 14:05:25 »

I know many have been tempted and I am sure some of you watched the episodes leaked.  I am sure some looked through the pictures, and leaked emails.  I hope you didn't, but I know some did.  I know I looked at the drawings, but didn't look at the emails or videos.  I am not proud of that and I am not making an excuse for myself or anyone else here.  This isn't a light matter we are seeing as a community.  We witnessed theft against the ones that have brought us happiness and joy... and just by scanning those images I saw, I feel horrible.... I was part of the crime for looking.

With that, I am sorry.  I hope others here didn't do what I did. 

Thank you for reading...
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #747 on: 2017-12-19 15:35:56 »

I removed all the links

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #748 on: 2017-12-19 17:36:52 »

I'm in the complete dark here... so there was apparently a leak going on?  Oh no. :(

aka "Numbers"
Master Member

WWW Email
« Reply #749 on: 2017-12-19 17:44:45 »

The biggest MLP leak ever.

Pages: < 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 88 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024