PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion  (Read 38655 times)
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #75 on: 2017-11-29 12:31:42 »

^ Thats WB though, isn't it?  Definitely not Disney.

I hadn't even heard of this remake pilot.

They were Hanna-Barbera. They were later absorbed into Warner Brothers.
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

Skillfully controls the flow of Miss Information

WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: 2017-11-29 23:34:37 »

Yes.   It seems Disney has been reinventing Mickey Mouse steadily over the decades, while Warner Bros. had been putting most of its eggs in the Bugs Bunny and Scooby-Doo baskets. Nice of them both to give their classic characters some love, but, really, has either of them had a really new idea in twenty years?  What else does Disney have on the horizon?  A new Muppet Babies cartoon? The Lion Guard?  Maybe they should focus less on the kiddie stuff and try reaching out to some of its older demographic.  Ever wonder what the Recess kids are doing now?

« Last Edit: 2017-11-30 18:06:07 by NostradamusTheSeer » Logged

Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #77 on: 2017-11-30 12:46:17 »

Personally, I think Disney and WB's efforts to give love to the classics have been... not always in their best interest. 

Disney has done a better job at keeping their classics like Mickey relevant.

But WB has struggled with shows like the Looney Tunes Show, Duck Dodgers, and others.  Not to say they were bad, they just... well they didn't draw in the numbers.  Scooby Too has mostly been re-hashed and not even tried on for the movies, but they did actually try in a few series.  Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated comes to mind at them really trying to do something to liven their series.

But overall, WB has struggled with their classic franchises.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: 2017-11-30 12:57:47 »

In other DISNEY related news since this is the DISNEY topic and not the WB topic... ;)

Star vs. The Forces of Evil is in hot water for "saying it is okay to have male princesses."

Personally, I find this story being over blown.  Marco never is wanting to be a princess, he is disguising himself to get to the bad guy... and the author of the article admits that too, but it is possibly how they went over that mark that is causing the backlash.

Still, I think it's no big deal.  They weren't promoting men to be princesses. 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: 2017-11-30 18:12:20 »

Is this  going to be like that dumb She-Zow flap a few years back?    :-\

Speaking of superheroes, maybe, since acquiring Marvel's properties, Disney is throwing a few too many of its eggs into the superhero basket of late.  I love tights and flights fantasy as much as the next fanboy, but do we really need another animated Spider-Man reboot?   I saw that "Homecoming" movie over Thanksgiving  break, and all I could think was, dammit, Aunt May is not supposed to be hot.    :-]

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #80 on: 2017-11-30 21:15:04 »

Animated action shows like Spiderman have never been successful in the past 20 years in the world of animation.  I never have understood why networks keep making them.  WB does the same thing.  No one is watching your Justice League 12. 
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #81 on: 2018-03-10 23:58:52 »

I don't know how reputable this is, but rumors are going around that Disney will be making a live-action remake of Kim Possible.  If you don't remember Kim, Ron, and Rufus the naked mole rat, they were the leading trio in a popular animated cartoon on Disney Channel.  The main two villains were Dr. Drakken and Shego.

Link
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #82 on: 2018-03-11 00:11:33 »

For real?  Why are they doing live action?  All live action shows based off cartoons usually aren't good. :P 
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: 2018-03-11 18:34:24 »

Haven't  I seen this joke before...?    Ah, yes....

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: 2018-03-11 20:36:11 »

I don't know what I feel about this. Live action?  A remake in general? :-\
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: 2018-03-13 15:23:53 »

I don't know what to think if this happens.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #86 on: 2018-03-14 17:33:51 »

I'm for it if they do it good!  KP kicked butt!
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: 2018-03-14 18:43:54 »

I guess, it being Disney, it won't be all dark and broody, like Warner Bros. is doing with the DCAU franchise.  You won't see anybody get killed.  Though Kim and Ron will probably share a kiss, and we won't have to wait four seasons to see it.  Oh, and they might explain just how Dr. Drakken came to get blue skin and that scar under his eye.

"You scared me half to death!"
"Only half...?"

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #88 on: 2018-03-14 22:32:29 »

I always wondered why Shego was green and Drakken was blue? Did we ever figure that out?  Also in the lesser series of the two, the Proud Family, there were three blue sisters in that series?  Why the blue people?  Is that a 2000s thing?  Blue Men Group?  That song called, "Blue?"  Blue's Clues?!
NostradamusTheSeer
Prolific Member

WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: 2018-03-15 06:32:01 »

Shego and her family were exposed to a multicolored space meteor, which gave them each their unique abilities and varied skin tones.  Which means, since Shego's powers were radiation-based, couldn't Kim have simply defeated her by placing her behind some lead plates, a pane of leaded glass, or simply tossing lead powder in her face?

The Gross sisters were blue because their skin was dry and ashy.   What, they never showered, or at least went swimming or something?  Maybe Drakken just needs a good moisturizer.

If you think that's weird, have you ever seen all the green-skinned villains in the 1969 Spider-Man series? 

What, was there gamma radiation in NYC's drinking water, or something?

Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Disney Channel / Disney XD Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024