PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion  (Read 19320 times)
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: 2019-11-25 17:15:11 »

This guy mentioned some points I had been considering.  The fact that "Soul" may look too similar to "Inside Out" a bit.  The beautiful scenery looks like it becomes generic.  It just seems like everything in the trailer made me lose interest when he fell down the drain and became that fluffy thing.

I don't agree with much else they said.

Why Pixar's Soul Concerns Me...
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 2019-12-15 15:44:14 »

It concerns me too.  You're exactly right in what you are saying.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: 2020-01-17 21:57:58 »

Pixar has two movies this year for us.

"Soul" and "Onward."
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: 2020-03-06 18:58:39 »

I guess we should mention the new film, "Onward" releases today.  I don't think this film will do well compared to other Pixar films.  It will probably be overlooked as a bro film and families won't go see it.  The premise isn't what people want for a family movie.  I think it will get "okay" reviews but it will receive a cult following in the long run from people who will be like... "Remember that time Pixar made a movie for our kind of sub-culture group, etc." 

There ya go.  That's my thoughts on, "Onward."  Lets see what happens. 

Here's the already stereotypical advert for it. 

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: 2020-03-06 20:18:27 »

I personally think ONWARD looks fun, but I understand it has a target demographic. It's aimed more at guys clearly, and has that geeky, nerdy, Dungeons and Dragon's vibe to it!  I hope it's a success.... but as I had said in another topic, any films that come out right now are going to struggle in the coming months due to Covid-19 spreading and fears amongst the populace.  A lot of movies will probably be rescheduled to release at another date and films that do release, won't perform as well as expected.  This film won't do that well in the box office I fear partially because of that... and it might make it one of their (Pixar's) worst performing films.  It will then be labeled as a flop, regardless of how good the film actually is.
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: 2020-03-06 22:04:51 »

Ok so I saw the film earlier today and without saying anything spoiler-ey, this film was actually a butt ton of fun. Like MasterX said it definitely was aimed more for those who are immersed in fantasy. Being a DnD player myself I understand completely. And that's what it felt like. If Disney ran a DnD campaign, I have no doubt, this is what it would be. All around I think its worth at least one watch on the big screen.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #21 on: 2020-03-06 22:52:42 »

Personally, I think it looks like fun.  I'm kinda nerdy like that and I think it is targeted at me.  You know the folks who made this had a passion to share their nerdiness to the world!  I do hope to see it, but I will see it when it comes out on video. 

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: 2020-03-07 12:39:28 »

I personally think ONWARD looks fun, but I understand it has a target demographic. It's aimed more at guys clearly, and has that geeky, nerdy, Dungeons and Dragon's vibe to it!  I hope it's a success.... but as I had said in another topic, any films that come out right now are going to struggle in the coming months due to Covid-19 spreading and fears amongst the populace.  A lot of movies will probably be rescheduled to release at another date and films that do release, won't perform as well as expected.  This film won't do that well in the box office I fear partially because of that... and it might make it one of their (Pixar's) worst performing films.  It will then be labeled as a flop, regardless of how good the film actually is.

I haven't thought about that, but you are probably right.

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: 2020-03-12 13:58:38 »

The official trailer of Soul has been released 8 hrs ago.

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: 2020-03-13 13:37:54 »

Seems a little more interesting now on their take of the afterlife before Heaven kind of thing.  Seems creative.  But I also feel like we've done this before... Coco?

Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: 2020-03-13 18:39:10 »

It looks really well done as always, but it doesn't interest me a whole lot.  Nonetheless, I will probably watch it like all Pixar films.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: 2020-03-15 22:57:25 »

Seems kind of so-so to me.  But I know they hide tons until you watch it.  It will probably have that lovely Pixar charm.
Graymist

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: 2020-03-15 23:00:08 »

I guess we should mention the new film, "Onward" releases today.  I don't think this film will do well compared to other Pixar films.  It will probably be overlooked as a bro film and families won't go see it.  The premise isn't what people want for a family movie.  I think it will get "okay" reviews but it will receive a cult following in the long run from people who will be like... "Remember that time Pixar made a movie for our kind of sub-culture group, etc." 

You called it.  Film is tanking horribly... :(  But a lot of it is due to fears about Coronavirus and being in close quarters at a theater. This film got shafted because of that too.

Onward made $12.1 million on its first day, including $2 million from Thursday night previews. The film went on to debut to $39.1 million, topping the box office but marking the third-ever lowest start for a Pixar film. While the film remained in first in its second weekend, it dropped 73% to $10.5 million (the worst-ever second weekend for a Pixar film), and was part of the lowest total-grossing weekend since October 1998, with all films combining for just $55.3 million. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: 2020-03-16 17:28:05 »

You called it.  Film is tanking horribly... :(  But a lot of it is due to fears about Coronavirus and being in close quarters at a theater. This film got shafted because of that too.

Onward made $12.1 million on its first day, including $2 million from Thursday night previews. The film went on to debut to $39.1 million, topping the box office but marking the third-ever lowest start for a Pixar film. While the film remained in first in its second weekend, it dropped 73% to $10.5 million (the worst-ever second weekend for a Pixar film), and was part of the lowest total-grossing weekend since October 1998, with all films combining for just $55.3 million.

Pretty much yes on every account.  I wonder if studios will "rerelease" some films that came out during this time?  Like maybe Pixar could re-release Onward at a later time?  Can they do that? 
« Last Edit: 2020-03-16 17:28:17 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: 2020-03-28 17:25:20 »

Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch!  Pixar's "Onward" is a box office BOMB due to Covid-19 outbreak.  Against a budget that is nearing $200 million, the film has only gotten $104 million.  This would be Pixar's first BOX OFFICE BOMB.  It's not due to the film either, it's the outbreak.

I believe Pixar should re-release the film in the fall as should most films coming out at this time. 
Pages: < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Pixar Animation Studios Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024