PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Your Top 5 Fav Sitcoms 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Top 5 Fav Sitcoms  (Read 16201 times)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: 2017-02-20 17:07:17 »

Time to find a new roommate.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: 2017-02-20 17:07:59 »

The Office, the US version, is that in anyone's top five?
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: 2017-02-20 17:08:56 »

The Office was good, but it stretched a bit too long in the later seasons.  I think that prevents me from putting it in the top five.
Kyrl

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: 2017-02-20 17:09:05 »

I have an irrational dislike of Steve Carell so I can't watch it.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #49 on: 2017-02-20 17:09:45 »

The Office was unique and groundbreaking at the time.  No one had done a sitcom like that from that perspective, and the "live lazy" camera movements.  It was fun, but not in my top five.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: 2017-02-20 17:10:05 »

Great show, but maybe top ten material. 
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: 2017-02-20 17:11:05 »

Hmmm.  I am debating if it is in my top five or just outside of it.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: 2017-02-20 17:11:42 »

If you include animated sitcoms, that might alter some people's top fives.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #53 on: 2017-02-20 17:17:36 »

Why separate them. Afraid the animated ones would push Seinfeld out of the number one bracket lol.

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #54 on: 2017-02-20 17:19:09 »

It's funny how many people agree that Seinfeld is a great show.  You can go to anyone on the street, and they all just love it.  I still love it.  I could sit down and watch it anytime, more then any other show.
I don't like it lol.
I think it's a lot of people say it's the best because it was one of the firsts. Even if other ones do some things maybe *gasp* better lol.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-20 17:19:38 by Death Blossom » Logged

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: 2017-02-20 17:30:42 »

You just don't like it, that's fine LP. 

But people love Seinfeld.

If I included animated sitcoms, the first one would probably come in my fourth place.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #56 on: 2017-02-20 17:32:16 »

Okay, so if I include animated sitcoms I would have a list like this.

1. Seinfeld.
2. Curb Your Enthusiasm.
3. Fraiser.
4. King of the Hill.
5. The Office.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #57 on: 2017-02-20 20:15:26 »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  I am not sure.  Seinfeld would be in my top five.  I need to think of some others.  I think Everybody Loves Raymond is in my top five too.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-20 20:15:56 by Soda » Logged
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #58 on: 2017-02-21 14:53:37 »

Sitcoms huh? Alright then.

Number 5: Two and a Half Men

I started watching this one back when I Was just a little kid and I don't know why but it instantly made me laugh the first moment I saw it. Truth be told tho, I stopped watching it after the third season Ashton Kutcher took over for Charlie Sheen. But that's because I didn't think there was really anymore they could do with it. The show wasn't the same without Charlie there and everyone knew it.

But that being said. Charlie's character in the show had his moments. I actually thought he was going to go through with getting married and settling down at one point. In fact they go almost two whole seasons with him being involved with, and engaged to the same woman. And this was near the end of his run on the show. After they broke up I kind figured what was gonna happen. More one night stands and sex puns. And....yeah thats what happens. Hell even the main kid on the show left not long after Charlie did. After that, I pretty much knew the show I once knew was officially over. But even with all that, it still holds a place in my heart.

Number 4: Friends

The butt of so many jokes, but this one always makes me smile. I have seen every episode of this show multiple times on netflix with no regrets. It SCREAMS 90's at times and that alone reminds me of a simpler time. When Animaniacs was first airing and stuff like that ya know? The cast and recurring characters that you see come back a lot have a charm to them that make you want to see more with whats going to happen to them. The journey through life they all experience together is a joy to watch. You feel with these characters. When they're happy, you are too. When they are sad, guess what? So are you. It has a way of capturing you within the moment and just keeping you there.

Number 3: Malcolm in the Middle

Again I've streamed this entire series multiple times over on NEtflix and for good reason. First off, I love the style its shot in. It's not your typical live action sitcom with the laugh track. It's shot on location, there's no stage laughter, and it's shot in the style of one of those hour long drama shows. That alone breaks the mold of many other sitcoms out there. The main character Malcolm constantly breaking the fourth wall and talking to the audience is also a nice unique touch.

Like with all sitcoms, the characters over time evolve. But here's the thing. Not all of them really do. Malcolm throughout most of the show never really changes from wanting to prove to everyone he's the smartest there is, Reese is always a frickin moron, Lois is always angry and yelling, and Hal is always sort of a pushover. And to be honest, I kinda like it that way. If Lois wasn't always yelling or angry for example, I think the show would have lost some of its charm. But its balanced out by having some characters who DO evolve like Francis and Dewey who grow more responsible and talented as the show progresses on.

Number 2: The Big Bang Theory

I know some people don't really like this one but I find it hilarious for so many reasons. The main one of course being the character Sheldon. Just the way he acts around everyone. Coming off like a jerk but not knowing that is what he is being, its actually really funny. Funnier than I thought it would be.I Thought it would get old really quick. But new episodes keep creating new ways for it to happen.

The setting is pretty interesting as well. You don't see many sitcoms out there revolving around a group of nerds who were tortured in their youth but grew up to become successful scientists. The way the characters have evolved over the past ten years is really a trip itself if I do say so myself.

And number one................How I Met Your Mother

The writing for that show is just so frickin genius at times it makes me kneels over laughing every time. the running gags are perfectly spaced in between episodes and seasons, the characters are funny, yet relatable, it knows when to be funny and when to be serious. The cast tho. The frickin cast and their delivery. That is one of the main things about it. I just love how they all act as a group. I have no problem believing these 5 people are actually just friends having drinks together or just hanging out together. It's just............perfect.

We see these characters go through so many things together. Life, death, harsh reality, love, heartache, new life and so many other situations that so many people seek answers to how to deal with it themselves. I learned a lot of how to be a good person from this show and I take its teachings with me. It also has one of my favorite quotes of all time.

"Sometimes things have to fall apart to make way for better things."

I love that line. I want it printed out and framed. Because as much as it sucks, its true. There will be times when shit happens and it feels like something is about to break. But a lot of those times, those things HAVE to break. It means you have to move on and let something new and better come along. You might miss what was there before sometimes but the next thing that comes along will have you smiling a lot more than the previous ever did.

And there you have it. My top 5 sitcoms.

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #59 on: 2017-02-21 16:10:31 »

I forgot about HIMYM and Big Band Theory. Unfortunately HIMYM's ending really let me down :/
But otherwise, freaking fantastic show.

Pages: < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Television & Film Discussion  >  Topic: Your Top 5 Fav Sitcoms « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024