PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 98 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: World News  (Read 298269 times)
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #975 on: 2017-12-17 11:10:27 »

Erdogan says Turkey aims to open embassy in East Jerusalem in defiant move against the US, but it also plays right into the US's hands...

California still burns...

NBC Made Payment To Staffer After Sexual Harassment Claim Against Chris Matthews.

Kiss’ Gene Simmons Sued for Sexual Battery by Unidentified Radio Personality.

Suicide bombers kill at least 9 in Pakistan Christian church.

North Koreans mark 6th anniversary of Kim Jong Il's death.

French sailor slashes around the world solo record in boat.

Switzerland launches world's steepest funicular.

British surgeon admits to branding initials on patients' organs.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-17 11:10:45 by MasterXtreme » Logged
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #976 on: 2017-12-18 10:25:17 »

BREAKING AND DEVELOPING: MASSIVE RAIL ACCIDENT IN WASHINGTON STATE

Debut Run of New High Speed Train Plunges off Bridge South of Tacoma Onto Interstate 5.

Photos

78 Passengers, 5 Crew Members onboard.  77 Taken to Local Hospitals.  Fatalities Expected.

Train Dangling Over Bridge.

Live Updates.

President Trump Likely To Speak On Accident.

Congressman: "Something went very wrong."

Train Cars Dangling From Bridge, Landed on Traffic Below, Some Cars Slung Into Forest.

Lakewood Mayor feared deadly accidents from high-speed train service...

Train Going 80 in 30mph corner?

« Last Edit: 2017-12-18 10:27:09 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #977 on: 2017-12-18 10:37:41 »

This is horrible. :(  Thoughts and prayers to them.  Brand new route, lot of excited people, first run ever.  People going to work at rush hour and this train comes crashing down on the freeway, people going away for Christmas to see family in Portland.  This is devastating. :(  My prayers go out to them for sure. 

Got to thank all those first responders too.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #978 on: 2017-12-18 10:41:40 »

Oh no. :-\  This is so sad.  Those poor people.  My thoughts and prayers go out to them and the families.  I really hope no one dies from this even though we got reports already. :(  This should have been a joyous event and it instead turned into a disaster right before Christmas. 
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #979 on: 2017-12-18 10:44:20 »

Oh my goodness, no!  :'(  This is so horrible.  Prayers really go out to the people involved in this.  It is so sad to see this anytime, but especially right before Christmas.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #980 on: 2017-12-18 13:01:54 »

It is with a heavy heart I see this.  Of course my thoughts and prayers to all of those affected and a major thanks to all the first responders. 
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #981 on: 2017-12-18 13:20:41 »

DEVELOPING...

At Least 6 Dead in Railway Accident in Washington State.

'Emergency! We are on the ground!' -- radio traffic from deadly Amtrak train derailment.

Object On Tracks May Be Cause of Deadly Accident.

President Trump calls for infrastructure investment following fatal Washington train derailment.

(Note the front locomotive is the white engine on the road.)

((My prayers for out to all of those involved in this horrible crisis))
« Last Edit: 2017-12-18 13:25:32 by Silverwing » Logged
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #982 on: 2017-12-18 13:40:09 »

Oh no!  :'(  I am so sad to read about this.  I hope there won't be any more lives lost and that medical officials can save these poor people on what should have been a grand day for a new rail line!  So much promise and money went into this and it failed.  There will definitely be hell to pay and lawsuits, but I hope there can be peace as the heat of the emergency is still going on.

My prayers go out to all these people and I hope the community and families can heal.  This is devastating news, and right before Christmas.  I wish them the absolute best and my heart goes out to them.
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #983 on: 2017-12-18 13:48:17 »

I think we have a tendency to think that this is someplace else and doesn't happen to me.  But that just isn't the case, this can happen everywhere.  In a part of the country were rail service isn't a big deal like out on the eastern seaboard, this is a HUGE deal.  Rail is considered one of the absolute safest ways to travel, especially out in that part of the country.  So for this to happen to average people on their way to work, enjoying vacations, or going to see family for Christmas, this is absolutely devastating and it shows it can happen ANYWHERE.  These were people going about their daily lives, and excited to be on this new train and new rail line.  I can't express how sad I am from this.  I mean it when I saw I wish them all the best and my prayers to them all.  Thoughts don't do crap.  So you're thinking of someone?  Wow, a lot of good that does.  Actions need to be taken as does comfort. 

I guess I am trying to say I am thankful it wasn't us, but also realize this can happen truly anywhere and not to take life for granted.  This is the last place you'd expect a disaster like this on a brand new train, but no place is immune.  Prayers to the people.
FoxTail
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #984 on: 2017-12-18 13:50:21 »

Exactly right.  Just going about life and enjoying a beautiful new train.  The last thing you would expect is a disaster like this.  It is so sad, especially since the local news was there talking to the people and videotaping the train leave for the first time.  ALL the people they videotaped, were either injured or killed.  This was just a few hours before this incident, and they took a tour inside the new train.  It is just an absolutely eerie thing and makes the pit of your soul have a chill. 
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #985 on: 2017-12-18 13:53:54 »

This is very upsetting news.  I finally got some time to say my message.  I know some people just glance over stuff like this because it isn't happening to them or near them, but this is a very sad event.  I am glad to see people commenting about world events for a change. 

As for the people and first responders involved in this crisis, I wish them the very best.  I pray for their safety and well being and pray for the people involved.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Kiwi
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #986 on: 2017-12-18 13:57:51 »

This is very upsetting news.  I finally got some time to say my message.  I know some people just glance over stuff like this because it isn't happening to them or near them, but this is a very sad event.  I am glad to see people commenting about world events for a change. 

Too many people just ignore and try to blissfully live their life ignoring what is happening around them.  It only hurts them in the end. 

I wish there was a way to help the people in this situation.  Maybe it is my Christmas charity hitting me, but there should be a fund to help those involved.  There probably will be by days end.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #987 on: 2017-12-18 14:26:22 »

I mean this will all my heart and soul when I wish them the very best in this situation and that my thoughts and prayers go out to them all.  I am hoping no more lives are lost as they try to save lives.  A big thank you to the responders, the police, medics, fire department, and everyone else who responded.

Looking through the various news links posted, I read that some of the first people who responded were motorists driving on the freeway.  People ran out of their cars and pulled people out of the train, and providing life saving procedures on people.  If those people didn't step in, it could have been far worse.  They helped bridged the gap till emergency services arrives.  God bless those people too who worked together to help brethren in need. 
aka "Numbers"
Master Member

This is not a personal text

WWW Email
« Reply #988 on: 2017-12-18 14:29:54 »

Thoughts and prayers to those involved. :-\

Smileys. Made a list of them. I had nothing better to do.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #989 on: 2017-12-18 14:34:10 »

These are real and raw disasters.  We remember the Texas church shooting recently and how it affected someone in our very own PSF community.

So to the people involved in this horrible event, I open my heart to you all and pray for your well being. 

Pages: < 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 98 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: World News « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024