PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Cosplay? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cosplay?  (Read 33327 times)
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #105 on: 2016-10-02 23:12:53 »

I have always been a HUGE fan of WWI and WWII. If I wasn't a Vet person I'd have probably maybe gone into history. Who knows. I like history, it's so interesting. But yeah, like as young as 4th grade I've read about the Holocust and WWII. WWI is just super confusing and convuluted how it all started haha. WWII though is super interesting. Reading up on like the Germans, the troops and civilians. And of course the stuff they used. And can't forget their impeccable style. Then of course there's my unhealthy obsession with Russia and the Soviet Union. I own one of their surplus military ushanka's with a communist Russia pin. I... I have issues.

And my cosplay for BC (if I manage to go) will involve Germans. Too bad I'm not white enough lol.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #106 on: 2016-10-02 23:14:20 »

I have always been a HUGE fan of WWI and WWII. If I wasn't a Vet person I'd have probably maybe gone into history. Who knows. I like history, it's so interesting. But yeah, like as young as 4th grade I've read about the Holocust and WWII. WWI is just super confusing and convuluted how it all started haha. WWII though is super interesting. Reading up on like the Germans, the troops and civilians. And of course the stuff they used. And can't forget their impeccable style. Then of course there's my unhealthy obsession with Russia and the Soviet Union. I own one of their surplus military ushanka's with a communist Russia pin. I... I have issues.

You have scored like a thousand points with me.  I had no idea!  :D  I love WWII!  I mean... like in a historical way I love it.  It was actually really bad. 
« Last Edit: 2016-10-02 23:14:41 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #107 on: 2016-10-02 23:17:11 »

I'm a surprising person apparently haha. But yeah, WWII is just so awesome to study about and learn about. I'm a bit of a collector nut. I was pretty close to buying a WWI era German helmet. But I resisted. It was hard though T~T. History was always a fun class for me. I just love learning about different counties. And America Civil War. American history is a bit drab. Except for the part where England came back and burned our capital. That was kinda bad but oddly funny in a weird way. They were so salty, and still are.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #108 on: 2016-10-02 23:29:46 »

I'm a surprising person apparently haha. But yeah, WWII is just so awesome to study about and learn about. I'm a bit of a collector nut. I was pretty close to buying a WWI era German helmet. But I resisted. It was hard though T~T. History was always a fun class for me. I just love learning about different counties. And America Civil War. American history is a bit drab. Except for the part where England came back and burned our capital. That was kinda bad but oddly funny in a weird way. They were so salty, and still are.

Civil War is fascinating to me, but I will focus on WWII.  You will appreciate this, and it's so weird you brough up a WWII helmet.  So I went to this job fair/home show thing today and this guy was selling a WWII book he wrote about his father and he had WWII stuff he Dad had brought back home!  He let me try on a NAZI HELMET!!! I was talking to him for like twenty minutes and he was so excited someone was talking with him!  He also had a Nazi flag that they hung from street poles and several medals and a FREAKING SS UNIFORM!  He had a freaking black SS uniform with a red band and all the stuff on it!  They were all originals and I like pooped myself in excitement.  He also had American stuff too, which was very cool. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #109 on: 2016-10-02 23:32:19 »

Oh. My. God.
I think I would have fainted.
An ACTUAL REAL SS OFFICER UNIFORM!! Holy shoot, that's crazy! I would have been there all day, I wouldn't have been able to leave. That is just, oh my god, I would have passed out. That is so amazing. You got to wear a Nazi helmet!!?? That is beyond cool.

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #110 on: 2016-10-02 23:35:35 »

Yeah!  Oh gosh, I wish I would have had a friend with me who cared as much.  You would have freaked.  He handed me the helmet and told me to hold it, so I did.  It was heavy duty. He then said I could put it on and see if it fits... I was like... uhhh, really?  I don't want to taint it.  He urged me too, so I did under PURE PEER PRESSURE.  It was actually smaller then I thought.  Small head, but I was like... oh my gosh, I am wearing history.

The SS uniform had some badges on it, not a whole lot.  I didn't see an SS hat, but he said he had a lot of other stuff in storage.  I wanted to just follow the dude to his garage and see all his stuff and keep talking. 

As for his father, he was a US pilot who was shot down with his crew and landed in occupied Holland and had to escape Nazi's on his way to Belgium. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #111 on: 2016-10-02 23:48:10 »

I would have like, had a history orgasm as soon as that helmet was placed in my hands. Like oh my god, I'm holding a legend. I've noticed that with some helmets. They're really small. Makes ou wonder how many underage soldiers there were if they're even hard for a females head to fit in some of them.

Dude, tell me you room pictures. That stuff is so rare to find! Like, wow. It has the arm band and the badges and everything. Like wowzers.

But wow! That's super crazy about his dad. I'm glad he survived. Pilot, damn, that's pretty good right there. Very dangerous. So how'd he get all this Nazi stuff? Did his dad just confiscate it?

Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #112 on: 2016-10-03 00:36:58 »

Yeah, people were smaller then too.  There clothes are tiny tines.

I didn't get pictures! :(  I didn't even think of it, I was so caught up in the moment.  I thought of it after I left and that high went down.

He said his Dad as well as some friends gathered stuff, but didn't go into detail.  This dude also went over there well after the war and he said he got stuff too.  I don't know the full story.  Something else he had that interested me was his Dad's map he had with him as a pilot.  These pilots had these paper maps and they had to understand it and know where they were based on these old maps!  It was crazy.  How could you tell anything at night, in the darkness, or with clouds and smoke all around.  Just crazy! 
« Last Edit: 2016-10-03 00:38:10 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #113 on: 2016-10-05 19:38:47 »

http://fav.me/dak51er

http://fav.me/dak520e
it had to be done

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #114 on: 2016-10-05 19:46:03 »

Wow. Just. Wow.
I can't even articulate what I feel right now.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #115 on: 2016-10-05 20:12:29 »

Then my mission has been accomplished

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #116 on: 2016-10-05 20:19:04 »

I don't think you're thinking correctly about how I feel right now.
It's not in the good way man.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #117 on: 2016-10-05 20:33:17 »

um......why? what's wrong?

~~~~~~~~
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #118 on: 2016-10-05 20:47:18 »

Nothing.
Ignore me.

Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #119 on: 2016-10-05 20:49:54 »

No no no. Clearly something is bothering you so tell me. What atrocity have I committed?

~~~~~~~~
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Cosplay? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024