PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Computer Gaming 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Computer Gaming  (Read 52053 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: 2017-01-06 12:34:19 »

No.  To me it just comes off that Blizzard is trying to make a statement like, "Look at me!  Look what I did!  We're like everyone else trying to be hip."

To me it was needed information. 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #76 on: 2017-01-06 14:01:59 »

I think you mean unneeded.

And no, I don't think that Blizzard was trying to be "hip" that's just stupid. I think from conception, Tracer was probably gay. But they waited to reveal it. Because, and this is why it wasn't done to be "hip" and call attention to themselves. They waited. They didn't try to market that to make their game more successful or get people's attention when the game first came out. They waited until well after the game became popular, well after they won the award for best game. It wasn't bait. It was part of Tracer's character. Plus, they have stated before hand that two of their characters in their roster are gay. And Tracer happened to be one of them.

While I don't think it makes her more interesting or a better character, I think they revealed it where it fit best. During a Christmas comic where it talks about friends, family, and loved ones. And since the comic was focusing on Tracer, it was the best place and time to reveal it. And they didn't make a big fuss about it, just oh, huh so she has a girlfriend. That's nice, moving on to Winston.

Personally, I don't care. It was pretty obvious, I mean dat hair. What I don't like is people acting like her being gay suddenly makes her the best character ever and blah blah blah. No, it's just a part of her character. It doesn't make her better. What would, is actual development.

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #77 on: 2017-01-06 19:28:54 »

It's a stupid "controversy" about stupid "forced diversity" or whatever the shit. It's all stupid. She's gay. Whatever.
(If I had to choose between like or hate it I lean a bit more towards "I like it")
« Last Edit: 2017-01-06 19:29:45 by System423 » Logged

SNEE
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #78 on: 2017-01-06 19:41:08 »

It's not really forced diversity. It's just people who get mad and annoyed at Tumblerinas for shoving it in their face. If it wasn't for them, most people would just go "yeah okay, cool she's gay". But they get annoyed with it being lauded as "o m gee, DIVERSITY! TRACER IS BEST CHARCTER!!!"

Miggs
Master Member

You left without saying good-bye

Email
« Reply #79 on: 2017-01-06 20:08:00 »

Well I mean, like, that's what some people are saying it is. They're saying it's forced because Blizzard is trying to appeal to an audience or some stupid crap. I dunno. But that's where I leave my two cents. The whole thing is dumb.

SNEE
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #80 on: 2017-01-06 20:10:33 »

Well yeah, no. I don't think it was Blizzard trying to pander. While I don't like Tracer, I can say I'm pretty sure it wasn't done to please an audience. It is really dumb honestly. My only gripe for now is that I wonder if Blizzard will even try to give Tracer more personality or leave her as bland toast since people seem happy enough as it is with her being white bread. Whatever *shrug*

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #81 on: 2017-01-06 22:38:37 »

I thought it was forced diversity... like who the fuk cares?  We don't need to know what the personal lives of these characters are.  They just around shooting up stuff, 

Yes, the world they are creating is cool, but I really don't think this info was needed.  We don't know the personal lives of any other characters, do we? 

If I was them, I would just leave it alone.  Un-needed stupid controversy over nothing.  But great publicity stunt, now you got everyone talking about your game again. 
« Last Edit: 2017-01-06 22:40:12 by Wolfwood » Logged
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #82 on: 2017-01-06 22:41:28 »

I never would have thought Tracer was that way.  I just thought it was some weird modern style.

But then again, who really cares? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #83 on: 2017-01-06 22:43:57 »

but it's nice to know their personal lives. Look inside see what makes them tick and stuff. Like, idk, when they introduced Sombra they gave us backstory and a look to how she lived before she joined evil organization #1. It makes the characters more than just people who are shooting. Yea the game itself is just a game and non canon and blah blah blah. But I enjoy the lore.

Backstory wise, Tracer's is one of the most interesting. It's just that she's bland as fuk. So I think they give her these "interesting things" about her to compensate in a way? Idk. Nobody should care that she's gay. It's just part of er character. They didn't try and make it a big deal. It's just, that's who she is. Whoop Dee doo. Now stop freaking out about it Tumblr.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: 2017-01-06 22:47:46 »

I'm going to have to disagree.  They did make it a big deal.  It was in their big Christmas comic that they had been promoting would come out, and hinting it would be Tracer themed. They knew that the majority of people love Tracer's character and the publicity she gets.  They knew she was a lot off people's waifu (sorry APD).

They filled up almost half a page with a lesbian kiss.

They knew what they were doing, and they were making a big deal to be in the front of the headlines again.  Next day, Gamespot, Kotaku, IGN, all headliners.  They knew.
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #85 on: 2017-01-06 22:54:51 »

Yeah, but what I mean is that the comic wasn't about Tracer being gay. It just was shown she had a girlfriend, they kissed, and then went to visit Winston. Honestly, of course they're gonna promote their comics. I didn't see it promoted more than there other ones, except them saying it's Christmas ahhhh! And yeah, of course they're going to say what character it's going to be focused on. Most of their comics focus on singular characters, only like 1 or 2 focus on multiple characters. So yeah, when promoting the comic they're gonna say it's the Christmas Tracer comic. And yes, for some bizzare reason a lot of people like Tracer. Mostly because they have her in trash ships. Not even good waifu material imo. But whatever.

I just get the feeling they didn't just make her gay for a promotional stunt. I think she was just always gay for them. They just didn't know when, how, or if to share it. Since they have stated before two of their characters are gay.

Just because others made it a big deal, does not mean they made it a big deal. Everyone else shit their pants. They just drew two girls kissing. They didn't tell people "freak out". And honestly, people already talk about the game a shit ton. Their sales are going to increase anyway regardless of the comic because it's Christmas and they had a kickass sale on the game. Got the origin edition for $10.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-06 22:56:19 by Death Blossom » Logged

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #86 on: 2017-01-06 22:58:03 »

Since they have stated before two of their characters are gay.

Do we know who the other one is yet?  Or are they saying it vaguely to build it up for another release? 
Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #87 on: 2017-01-06 23:00:05 »

No we do not. They said that incredibly early I think when someone asked about it. Who knows if they'll release it *shrug* I just, hmm, appreciate in a sense that it was something they knew about the characters. Not just "hmm... Well let's make this one gay for the hell of it". Lol watch it be Zarya because HUE who didn't see that one coming, les be real here.

Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #88 on: 2017-01-06 23:01:51 »

Zarya will be married and have a husband to shock everyone.  ;)
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #89 on: 2017-01-06 23:02:19 »

Pretty sure Zarya is married to the Motherland. 
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Computer Gaming « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024