PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Playstation Gaming 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playstation Gaming  (Read 195701 times)
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #600 on: 2018-09-20 14:04:41 »

Hmmmm.  Personally I would also pick GTA V, but that probably isn't a fun multiplayer game.

Sadly consoles today aren't really made for classic friends on a couch with a controler and playing.

A terrific single player action and adventure/open world game with crazy depth and stories and world building would be the Witcher III.  I would say that is a must buy.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #601 on: 2018-09-20 15:37:17 »

The Witcher III and GTA V are great choices.  GTA V is a great story mode, not much for the online.

Red Dead Redemption II coming soon is probably going to be a mega hit too.
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #602 on: 2018-09-21 10:18:42 »

I forgot to mention, maybe pick up Red Dead Redemption.  We know that will be amazing.

The Witcher III complete edition you can find often for a cheap $19 bucks.  That game will give you well worth that value in money in content.  It is one of the most complete games I have ever played.
« Last Edit: 2018-09-21 10:19:18 by Silverwing » Logged
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #603 on: 2018-09-22 11:18:02 »

@Binkyt11 I tend to agree with everyone above.  So you're a casual gamer, you might enjoy something simple like the classic Crash Bandicoot Trilogy that is three games for the price of a used game.  Fun to pass the controller around and play with a friend of your Dad in this case.  It is a 100% clean game to play with family.

If you want an epic single player experience, you can't go wrong with Grand Theft Auto V, Witcher III, Skyrim, or the upcoming Red Dead Redemption II. 

Some fun single player adventure games I would aim you too, and you can find more cheaply when they become "Greatest Hits" would be the Tomb Raider games, which are much better then their glorified PS1 and PS2 era counterparts.  They are actually adventures.  You also can't forget the Uncharted games, which are probably the king of adventure games.  Horizon Hero-Dawn is another good adventure game as is God of War, but those are violent and pretty mature.

Rocket League is a fun two player game!  Just mindless fun. 
« Last Edit: 2018-09-22 11:21:02 by Darrin » Logged

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Blurr
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #604 on: 2018-09-23 14:13:54 »

^ Do you already have it?

Yup. Already beat the story and now just trying to 100% it

Okay, stay with me here.

Not using your crazy fan-crazed eyes and mind.  How would you actually rate the game?   On like a one to ten scale?  What was good and what could have used some work?

First off. Already one hundred percented it. Yay.

Second off to answer you, looking at it not as a fan but as a gamer, I would give the game a solid 9 out of 10. The open world exploration is top notch. The web winging mechanics feel real like physics and gravity wise. Plus if you just wanna get somewhere fast there's a quick travel option. So much of the city is recreated down to the nitty gritty to match NYC as best they could. But understandably, some things were altered. For example Avengers Tower is present in the city. And the Freedom Tower is....kinda there. You can tell its supposed to be the Freedom Tower but its designed in game to look different. That also means there's no ground zero either.

The combat mechanics are fun. The combos are a hoot to pull off as well as using a different variety of web gadgets. Also the variety of suits each come with their own special power you can use. Like for example, the Iron Spider suit that is seen in Avengers Infinity War is available to use in this game, and it comes with its own unique special ability. And one of the best things about this, Spider Man can SWIM! In most past games if Spider Man touched water, you die. But here if you jump in the Hudson River, he can swim. That is a huge step ahead in my book.

The story mode is completely detached from any of the comics or movies, making it truly its own. And that alone is 7 out of those 9 points for me. I love a game with a great story and watching this one unfold as I played just made my emotions go everywhere. And I mean that in a good way. If you don't have the game I strongly reccomend watching the cutscene movie on youtube. It's just as good.

A few small nitpicks I have are as follows. First off, Manhattan Island is the only playable area. In past spider man games, for example, Spider Man 2 on PS2 and Gamecube, you could swing around Manhattan but you could also go across the bridges to get to Queens and such. As well as you could hitch a ride on a helicopter and go see Ellis Island or the Statue of Liberty.  If you try to go anywhere beyond Manhattan, you have no choice but to turn back.

Not being able to jump very high is also a nitpick. One of Spidey's powers is being able to jump long distances. But the jump button here only makes him at best go over one guy. You can't hold the button and make him jump higher. The web swinging makes up for that tho.

But even then the swinging itself, there's a teeny tiny little thing about it that bothers me. You have to really pace yourself. Like if you swing too fast and run up a wall, there's a chance you can get all turned around when you're on a good streak and trying to perform a stealth operation.

So there you have it. My mini review of Spider Man PS4

Water, earth, fire. Long ago, the three seasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed, when the Shyamalan attacked.....
~~~~~~~~
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7Z9zf_O70YIrx7UD9xyYg
Fimfiction: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/AutoKnight
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #605 on: 2018-09-23 19:01:05 »

Sony is releasing the PLAYSTATION CLASSIC a remake of the old PS1 and it comes bundled with 20 classic PS1 games.

System Details  It costs just $99 bucks and there will be many more games coming.
« Last Edit: 2018-09-23 19:01:46 by RainySunshine » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #606 on: 2018-09-23 19:21:04 »

So there you have it. My mini review of Spider Man PS4

Thank you for the game review!  That was helpful!
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #607 on: 2018-09-28 14:01:40 »

Sony has given in... somewhat.

After months of Backlash, Sony is finally allowing PlayStation 4 Fortnite players to play online with other platforms.

Announced on the PlayStation Blog, John Kodera, President and Global CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, said that "following a comprehensive evaluation process, SIE has identified a path toward supporting cross-platform features for select third party content."

"The first step," Kodera continues. "will be an open beta beginning today for Fortnite that will allow for cross-platform gameplay, progression and commerce across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems."

But it isn't all games.  Note they said "Selected third party titles."

SOURCE
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #608 on: 2018-10-01 18:17:49 »

New Assassins Creed: Odyssey game review!

Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #609 on: 2018-10-01 20:52:34 »

So I just got Overcooked 1 for my ps4 a few days ago for those who have played it, if any, how fun is it?
Silverwing
SCM Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #610 on: 2018-10-02 14:00:38 »

Never played it.  It looks fun for multiple people.
Binkyt11

Email
« Reply #611 on: 2018-10-02 17:14:17 »

Never played it.  It looks fun for multiple people.
I've seen let's plays of it years ago. It looks like it can get hectic real quick. Right now I just need a controller or two and I'll be ready.
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #612 on: 2018-10-02 22:30:39 »

I've never played it either, but it always caught my attention.  It looked fun.
Darrin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #613 on: 2018-10-03 13:58:21 »

That Assassins Creed game got pretty good reviews.  It does have me interested, but I am waiting for RDR II.

:):):):):):):):):):)>>> "Green is the New You" -PSF <<<:):):):):):):(:):):)
Umbreon
My cutie Spe
Community Monitor

Email
« Reply #614 on: 2018-10-05 01:27:34 »

Yep that's the game I'm still waiting to get.

I'm Sparky I'm known as a electric rodent :)
Pages: < 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Playstation Gaming « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024