PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion 0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 339 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion  (Read 491878 times)
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #135 on: 2020-04-20 18:44:21 »

Oh, I didn't pay attention for one thing earlier, but this video has made it very obvious: try to compare the size of actual three-vehicle garage and how it looks in truck gallery ;D.
I clearly see some Dr. Who technologies here ;D.
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #136 on: 2020-04-21 01:04:48 »

Lol.  That is a large garage.

Some insider info for you all....
Spoiler (hover to show)
SCS is greatly looking into "customization" of garages and their interiors, even if it is only for looks.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 01:05:10 by MasterXtreme » Logged
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #137 on: 2020-04-21 13:31:35 »

Lol!  That is a huge garage, especially if all you have is the wooden shack!

Also those sounds sound great!  So much better than before!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 13:31:57 by AnyPoneDrawn » Logged
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #138 on: 2020-04-21 15:39:16 »

Ohhhh, just started up the game and sat in my truck... rolled down the window... and listened to the noise!  Oh so wonderful!

MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #139 on: 2020-04-21 15:43:00 »

You want good sound?  I started the game from my garage in Seattle and it was RAINING.  Just sit in your cab with the rain.  It's BEAUTIFUL.  The pitter patter of the rain as it echoes through the cabin is truly beautiful! :D   Then... roll down the window and listen.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 15:43:17 by MasterXtreme » Logged
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #140 on: 2020-04-22 01:27:18 »

Oh, the rain was a first good impression from a different sound engine when I tried the 18WoS after Hard Truck 2 17 years ago.
So, I have a chance to have a similar effect now ;D.
And it's the first time since release of DLC Italy, when I am going to play without a radio or mp3. Back then the new V8 from Scania was the ear candy, and today every single object is pleasing my ears.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #141 on: 2020-04-22 01:44:47 »

I never thought I would be so happy for a sound update!  It is so wonderful.  I turned up all the interior and engine noises and turned off the music/radio.  It's been wonderful so far.
Wolfwood
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #142 on: 2020-04-22 14:33:58 »

NEW TRUCK ANNOUNCED.

BLOG POST
MasterXtreme
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #143 on: 2020-04-22 14:40:17 »

YES.  YYEEESSSS.
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #144 on: 2020-04-22 14:42:07 »

Just a great week of news for ATS as a whole!  Really the future for SCS is in ATS right now with so much more expansion material.  I just wish MORE people played ATS to the levels they do ETS2. 

Why do so many more people play ETS2 over ATS?  I know ETS2 has been around longer.  Are they less likely to try something else for some reason? Stuck in there ways?  Both are superb games, but I would love to see more love from ETS2 players helping support ATS too.  ATS players support ETS2.
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #145 on: 2020-04-22 23:14:17 »

NEW TRUCK ANNOUNCED.
Watching the stream on a Steamcommunity right now ^-^.
Maybe the dashboard is not in my taste, but the engine sounds very nicely (my ears hear something between VNL and Lonestar). And of course, they opened the window from time to time to let the watchers appraise this sound from all possible angles.
(and this time they didn't make a «turning the lights up in a garage»-type teaser. But I think that three times in a row was enough)
I just wish MORE people played ATS to the levels they do ETS2. 
Yes, I don't see any reason to love ATS (post-rescale versions, of course) less than ETS.
Since I tried ATS for a first time, I played it exactly the same amount of time than ETS. How? ;D
One week my computer works in a *TS mode, and i play ATS. Next week it works in a normal mode, and I play some other games or don't play at all. Then *TS mode comes again, and I play ETS, after that comes normal mode and so on and so on. I find this metod to be finely balanced — I don't stuck on one *TS game and have a plenty of time to play something else. And another my quirk — I start a new profile in a new year, because after 120-140 hours of playing the challenging part of the game visibly declines — all roads are yellow, and I can buy a new truck every couple of hours.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-22 23:25:45 by timmelon » Logged
RainySunshine
SCM Member

There is a 100% chance of Sunshine ahead for You.

WWW Email
« Reply #146 on: 2020-04-23 00:45:55 »

^  That is a good way to play them both, lol!  Both of mine I play about equally, but lately I have been biased towards ATS with all the updates.  But still, they are both about 150-200 hours each.  That is some pretty good time!
timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #147 on: 2020-04-23 03:54:30 »

Before trying this method, I figured out than there is some features which I can enjoy some time, then I feel a need to change the scenery, after then I enjoy the other setting and later feel a need to return back ;D. If I played one *TS game for a two weeks, I might be bored, so switching between sceneries at the right time helps to avoid that feel. And now, with an upgrade of sound engine, SCS gave the people with audial-type perception (like me) additional opportunity to keep their interest to *TS series warm, in case if some of them have some doubt in awesomeness of these games 8), and if they decided to develop their games only in one direction, a lot of players might be unsatisfied. It's like some long songs from Sympho-Prog era: the artists, who were skillful enough to creatively change song parts right before they become repetitive, or to invent new technics, gained a lot of love, but if certain songs contained some overly long fragments without any progression, the audience tended to listen another band, or another genre at all ;D.

Also I found that most of truck models (in both games) are almost equally interesting to me. Yes, the new TGX completely displaced the old model (same with Iveco), but in every other vehicle I see some attractive things, so I don't really understand people who drives only the new truck after it comes out. While I truly admired the new Scania, I spent some time around it and returned to Actros MP4 (even now I consider it as a love at a first sight, eye candy and a piece of art mixed in one vehicle), then I wished to ride the old buddy Magnum, after some time passed I felt its lack of 16-liter engines and have chosen the Volvo FH16 2012, and so on. Same with ATS trucks: despite the fact that technically they are closer to each other than European models, every of them have its own face. So jumping from truck to truck every 3-4 days of playing, I don't stay in them a time enough to feel any repetitiveness of a gameplay.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-23 04:08:45 by timmelon » Logged
Grapefoot
Legendary Member

PSF Member

WWW Email
« Reply #148 on: 2020-04-23 14:23:21 »

Found a new horrible corner in Ogden, Utah.  Look at that right turn lane.  How in the world can you take a turn this sharp and stay in your lane?  Luckily it is a big wide road, but this angle is pretty much a 90 degree angle.

timmelon
SCM Member

Email
« Reply #149 on: 2020-04-23 14:58:18 »

I think in such situation you have a right to make a wide turn (emergency lights also may help to stop unwanted traffic).
And I see that in some other places they have wisely cutted the corner, like here in Kennewick, WA:

It's much more convenient, but if you have an oversized trailer*, that «YIELD» sign is still doomed :nervoussmile:.

*The first trailer I bought in Utah was the Turnpike Double dryvan (it was almost useless when it was allowed only in NV), and I quickly found out that this state have plenty of sharp turns ;D.
And these lovely diverging diamond interchanges, introduced in OR and returned in UT, can also leave very narrow passages to drive through. But maybe, I have not get used to them yet.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 12:48:44 by timmelon » Logged
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 339 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  Gaming Board  >  Topic: Trucking Simulator Games Discussion « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024