PSF
News: Send An Application To Become A Site Moderator.  Message Darrin or Smiles2us.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Frustration topic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 > Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frustration topic  (Read 6539 times)
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« on: 2016-03-24 15:51:07 »

I've calmed down a lot since yesterday...yesterday was BAD. Really bad mentally ^^;

I wanted to make a topic of frustration. What are things you guys do when you're frustrated and what do you do to calm yourselves down?
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-24 15:53:24 »

You okay, Mystery? Can i help you?

mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-24 15:57:25 »

*hugs you tightly* Honestly, no I'm not ok. I will be, but this past week was pretty stupid. It's nothing major...just my own self frustration at my own incompetence with school X_X I haven't been able to do anything right at all in almost everything I do ^^; I'm glad I've calmed myself down but man it was bad yesterday.

When I get angry and frustrated I kind of shut down mentally. Instead of getting physical or verbally angry, I just...kind of turn into a slug XD I hardly did anything yesterday. I literally sat in bed for hours, just stressing out way, way too much ^^; Trying to think what to do with life since being an engineer is not turning out the way I expected.
Smiles2us
Administrator

Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-24 17:39:38 »

Awww. Hun if you are wver in a funk I can help too. If you want my personal email we can talk things out and i can try and help. *Hugs you.* Just let me know and i know some stress beaters.
Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-24 17:44:26 »

*hugs you tightly* Honestly, no I'm not ok. I will be, but this past week was pretty stupid. It's nothing major...just my own self frustration at my own incompetence with school X_X I haven't been able to do anything right at all in almost everything I do ^^; I'm glad I've calmed myself down but man it was bad yesterday.

When I get angry and frustrated I kind of shut down mentally. Instead of getting physical or verbally angry, I just...kind of turn into a slug XD I hardly did anything yesterday. I literally sat in bed for hours, just stressing out way, way too much ^^; Trying to think what to do with life since being an engineer is not turning out the way I expected.

*Hugs you back real tight.* Im sorry about your week. if you eber wanna just talk together about stuff i would happily talk to you. Just PM me. :) Just pick up the pieces and try again. Whatever if distracting you, you are going to have to do your best to put that aside and focus on the main goal of good grades to graduate.  I know it isnt easy, but life isnt easy sometimes. The ling term will be great if you focus on the goal, dear.

Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-03-24 18:04:31 »

I've had a bit of a frustrating week as well. x.x Sometimes we just have some bad cards dealt our way. Hopefully you'll find peace soon. :(

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Death Blossom
Legendary Member

Leap'd on outta here

Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-03-24 18:32:38 »

I know that feel of feeling incompetent in school.
I'm usually a whiz at math. And I got a test back and I got a 50. It was really upsetting.
What makes it worse is some of my friends apparently don't think I'm smart. At least, one of them does. The others just didn't realize I was smart, I guess? Once they saw I made deans list and the honor society they thought differently. But a couple of them still think I'm stupid. And it frustrates me to no end. I tell them I'm smart and they just say I don't show it. And I get the rising urge to punch one of them and ask them who was the one that failed one of their classes and had to take it over. Not to mention I have a much heavier coarse load than any of them. Just yesterday or something, he said to my face and in front of others that I "critical fail at intelligence." I didn't know how to respond, I just gave him a look, but before I could say anything one of my other friends responded saying "that was kinda harsh, man." So that made me feel a bit better. But yeah, for me it's a constant struggle with him. What's worse is he's super affectionate, like he hugs me whenever I see him, and like, it's been feeling uncomfortable since I don't feel close to him anymore. But I feel like it would be rude to tell him to not hug me since I literally hug every other one of our friends in the group. I feel he'd take it personally, and well it kinda is but still... I don't want to hurt his feelings. But it's just so frustrating to be around him.

My roommate believes I'm smart, that makes me feel better. She admits I'm a bit odd and ditzy, and she wonders how I can do so well in my science classes without studying the amount of hours she has to. So, I got that eh?
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24 18:37:07 by Leapingriver » Logged

Claof

Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-03-24 19:06:35 »

I don't have a way of calming down, because very few things frustrate me.
Bird

Sassafrass

Email
« Reply #8 on: 2016-03-24 20:54:00 »

I suppose everyone I know has had either a frustrating or stressful week, because things have been that way on my end as well. x_X

My poor sister's been stressed all week because of things related to the major that she's intending to pick. I won't go into all the details -- it really isn't my place -- but a lot of things pertaining to the major are conflicting with the activities that she's already participating in, in addition to a bad grade and stress from her work/study job. Which has been rubbing off on my end in the last couple of days.

And while it's not so much frustrating as it is sad, I actually lost someone pretty close to me today, which has honestly put a damper on the rest of my break. This was a loss that I both knew was coming and came suddenly, if you can believe it, but it just hit like a bullet and has really cut into my productivity, unfortunately. I suppose the most frustrating part about this loss is that I have a lot of work that I need to start AND finish for next week that I just... can't bring myself to do.

I have an anxiety disorder, as well as a temper that's sometimes manageable and sometimes short. Focusing my breathing and thinking about what's causing me to be frustrated and why is always a good way, though I do agree on the lethargy -- I pretty much did nothing today, against my better judgement. Sometimes if things are too overwhelming, a long cathartic cry can help soothe and refresh, as counterproductive as it seems. Cuddling with a pillow or stuffed animal, or even simply punching a pillow can help, if you feel your frustration turning to physical rage.
aqua bear
Rookie

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: 2016-03-24 22:28:42 »

I can relate to this. But most times I know how to respond to adversity or situations. But it seems like I always get a new one to deal with. I've been told at work, some people are wanting to quit on my account since they say I come off as harsh, although this has never been an issue before Its quiet frustrating, since there usually specific with me in things I say and do. I feel like I'm being targeted and picked on which isn't much fun although I may or may not know who;s behind this. So I feel for you man. You try to do everything right, and somehow you still get blamed for things.

I also like some people have a bad temper. I have managed to keep it in check, but at times I do wonder if I shouldn't let some people just have it right square in the jaw for messing with me. But thats not the type of person I am, and although its frustrating, I forced myself to focus on other things, despite me hurting mentally, and physically. Its hard, but if I don't I'll keep thinking on it over and over and again and want to resolve this now and put an end to whomever is doing this. But patience is the name of the game. I prayed about it, and although I am still thinking about it, I found it best to leave it in the Lord's hands. Everytime I take it into my own hands, it just ends up getting much worse and I cry in sadness.

But I am trying ot go down a new path one of logic, and never quit attitude, and above all not giving into my bad feelings. I just hope this works out for the best and that I can overcome this adversity. I hope this helped you, and I also hope you turn things around. Life' a challenge, especially as you get older, but you can't give up, no matter what or who wants to hurt you or see you suffer. I have also lost good friends because of my bad temper, and I don't want to keep living life like this.

This is also ironic since I worked hard today, only to be told this and which just sank my heart and alot of my motivation to keep working hard. But I will find a  way, and not give them the satisfaction of giving in and quitting. They'll get there;s in the end anyway, especially those who intended harm on me today. I know that's harsh, but I find it hard too think of this any other way...
Anyponedrawn
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: 2016-03-24 22:36:12 »

Sorry you are having a bad week.  I have been gone most of this week because I am dealing with a lot of crud myself.  I will explain how I deal with it later. :)  I hope it gets better for you.  Looks like everyone is having a rough week mostly.
mysteryserpent

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: 2016-03-26 09:36:51 »

I can't respond fully to this topic right at the moment, but when I can I will...thank you guys so, so much for everything =) I really appreciate you all.
Soda
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: 2016-03-26 10:17:03 »

I can't respond fully to this topic right at the moment, but when I can I will...thank you guys so, so much for everything =) I really appreciate you all.

Anytime.  :)  You got a group of helpful people here who care.
Ari-Dynamic

Semi-Retired from Sneeze Fetish Community

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: 2016-04-26 02:59:20 »

Frustration for me comes in many shapes and sizes. Sometimes it's a bad run at a video game, which I've been having a lot of moments with lately; to people pointing out flaws or mistakes in my art. Recent case was with my recent comic. They can be such mood killers-- one minute you're just going through the motions and then they start to rain on the parade.

I was about to make a similar thread like this but more about dealing with stress, but I think this thread should do, really. ^^

I'm not so much frustrated as I am at the moment, but I do feel that my 'good mood' vibe dissipated pretty quickly. I have a method in which I like to work-- "post current art now, check back later" which I've grown accustomed to. Artists all make mistakes, glaring or not. I can handle critique, but sometimes I like to work at my own leisurely pace: "So I left some glasses out. Big deal, dude. Use your imagination."

Or better, 'If you're not buying it, why do you care all of a sudden?'
« Last Edit: 2016-04-26 03:00:32 by patripony » Logged

https://ko-fi.com/aaronmocksing - Please help support me and my work. :)

Rainberry
Legendary Member

PSF Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: 2016-04-26 03:37:58 »

Frustration for me comes in many shapes and sizes. Sometimes it's a bad run at a video game, which I've been having a lot of moments with lately; to people pointing out flaws or mistakes in my art. Recent case was with my recent comic. They can be such mood killers-- one minute you're just going through the motions and then they start to rain on the parade.

I was about to make a similar thread like this but more about dealing with stress, but I think this thread should do, really. ^^

I'm not so much frustrated as I am at the moment, but I do feel that my 'good mood' vibe dissipated pretty quickly. I have a method in which I like to work-- "post current art now, check back later" which I've grown accustomed to. Artists all make mistakes, glaring or not. I can handle critique, but sometimes I like to work at my own leisurely pace: "So I left some glasses out. Big deal, dude. Use your imagination."

Or better, 'If you're not buying it, why do you care all of a sudden?'

So you are frustrated because of a simple mistake and how people blow it out of proportion?  Sorry about that.  :-/  I know how you feel, Patri. 

Pages: [1] 2 > Go Up Print 
PSF  >  The Lounge  >  General  >  Topic: Frustration topic « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | PSF © 2014-2024